India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
saisrini80 said:
@Inzamam: What was he doing? I think he is upset because the Indians appealed for that 'obstructing the field' but actually they did the right thing. He has no right to block the ball that is being thrown by the fielder at the stumps or at the keeper with his hand or bat! I dont know for what reason was he fuming while going back to the pavilion?

Acctually i feel for inzy. As he said in post match presentation that in Faisalabad against England he was given out when leaving the ball and here he blocked the ball and was again given out. But ofcoarse in this case he was out as he was out of his crease but again he was not taking any advantage by blocking the ball as he wasnt taking a run.
--------------

anyways, Salman played a great knock and not to forget M.Asif who is certainly the find of the series for Pakistan.

any news of Shoaib Akhtar? Will he play the next match?

Zaheer - AWFUL
Agarkar - DOESNT DESERVE A MENTION
Pathan - 'Pace'less but decent
Sreesanth - Lot of potential but a bit more aggressive
Kartik - Who is he? Why was this alien bowling?

Zaheer - Only one who trouble Malik and Butt.
Agarkar - Got rid off Yousuf and Razzaq at crucial stages.
Pathan - Saw only his last two overs, and he touched 80+MPH in atleast three deliveries.
Sreesanth - Overly aggressive, but quick and swinging the ball.
Kartik - Bowled really tightly at the end. That 2 runs off the 46th over set it up for us.

Speaking of which, such an unfair result for both teams!! C'mon, 18 off 18, Rana and Younis batting, Asif and Arshad to come, it could have gone either way (especially with good fields by Dravid and poorish light). D/L method is normally fair, but quite unfair in this case. The momentum had swung towards India. Anybody who is proud of a victory via D/L method must really be desperate to win. This match diserved a lot better - Crazy running, Obstructing the field for Inzy, 'Endulkar' returning, Pathan showing us more and more he is our allrounder, Malik playing like a man possesed, Butt looking like the next Anwar, Asif lookign more like the next Pakistani paceman, Superb fielding...
Great match. Hope the rest are like this (Except of course that India win...)

donkey said:
geeeeeeeeeeeez this is sad, i paid for full 50 overs :mad

How could this be fair India were 315 for 7 after 47 overs..ahead of pakistan

Same rules for every team, D/L works imo.

Nice win of Pakistan. Although they had to deal with the high scoring of India, bad sportmanship from India by getting Inzamam out in that way (although it's legal) and throwing beamer in bad light at Razzaq's head. But with all these difficulties they still managed to survive it and manage to win. Although the umpires extended play for some time till it came inevitable to stop the match.

And the Afridi run out wasn't that necessary. They weren't really in that trouble that they had to take quick singles. It's goes the same for Yousuf's dismissal for his loose shot.

But in the end Pakistan won. That's what matters. But it was a great match again. That's the reason why I like matches between these two countries.

bad sportmanship from India by getting Inzamam out in that way (although it's legal) and throwing beamer in bad light at Razzaq's head.
Bad sportsmanship? Had Inzy left that delivery alone in the first place, he would have been cleanly run out.
The beamer was accidental from a new-coming medium pacer. Not like a certain Akhtar who decided not to apologize...

Pakistan winning is not what matters. India could have won it too (Asif and Arhsad aren't the greates batsmen in the world). Pretty unfair for both teams if you ask me. If Pakistan were to win, it would have been better if they did it fairly!

If a ball is thrown right on your body you rather try to defend yourself.

And a beamer in dark light is more dangerously then in normal light. But it was a good thing Sreesanth apologized.

And Younis Khan and Naved-ul-Hasan were playing then.

I know Younis and Naved were batting, but one more wicket, and...

If a ball is thrown right on your body you rather try to defend yourself.
He could have lept out of the way. He barely defended himself, pretty easily defended it down.

Great match. Hope the rest are like this (Except of course that India win...)
lollllzzzzzz Hope rest r like this with the same result but by playing full overs :D :D

If Pakistan were to win, it would have been better if they did it fairly!
Man i think Pakistan won it fairly...... isn't it???

PakiFan said:
lollllzzzzzz Hope rest r like this with the same result but by playing full overs :D :D

Man i think Pakistan won it fairly...... isn't it???
D/L method, anyone could have won it if the fifty overs were played. So, a bit of advantage to Pakistan, yes.

Sureshot said:
Same rules for every team, D/L works imo.
Its not a fullproof method, they dnt even take "loss of wickets" under consideration. India were 4 runs ahead at the same stage, then our batting collapsed. It could have gone either ways for pak too. If the margin of error is so thin they shud rather declare it a draw.

Congrats to Pakistani fans .... and we have done it again and fairly ....(well starting it with 329 runs down and winning it at the end is fair too me ) Nice game from both sides....(Advantages and luck always in the game of cricket and this time it went to Pakistans way)

Last edited:
They didn't chase 329! Thats the thing! They still needed 18 runs, and might not have made it!

ZoraxDoom said:
They didn't chase 329! Thats the thing! They still needed 18 runs, and might not have made it!
Yes and still Pakistan won the game isn't that something :D

Congrats to Pakistan, they won on the d'n method chasing 329, India played well, India should have scored 20 runs more since what score they was on in the 41st over. Tendulkar scored another 100, this innings proved he is not fineshed just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread