India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan is right on top at the moment! They should win from here.

India back! I think India are getting into it!

RAZZAQ GONE! Its 299-7

Great catch from Dhoni! 30 off 32 balls with 3 wickets remaining!

Is this a repeat of Karachi 2004? Lets see! Awesome match so far!

taimurasad said:
No No!! I wish Pakistan could have done it without D/L method.

Same here! I wish India had got a chance to bowl their full quota of 50 overs! I dont quite like this but great batting performance from both teams! Pakistan definitely batted better than us!

But great fightback by India! They definitely came back into the game in the final stages! And of course they were helped by Inzy's poor work and some ordinary shots by Razzaq and Yousuf!

If this series can have as close matches as this in the next 4, anything can happen!

geeeeeeeeeeeez this is sad, i paid for full 50 overs :mad

How could this be fair India were 315 for 7 after 47 overs..ahead of pakistan

I wish Pak have won the match by playing full overs :(
But happy too that Pak is 1 up........
gud comeback by India in the end but Pak batted really well at start...... but in this kinda close matches, luck alwayz matters and this time, it was with Pakistan :D
I think there was exactly 50-50 chances for both teams when 18 required of 18 balls..... newyaz Go Pakistan.....

game over already due to bad light...pakistan won by 7 runs

Yup great batting by both teams but Paistan cam on top this time...can't wait for the other matches...

PakiFan said:
I wish Pak have won the match by playing full overs :(
But happy too that Pak is 1 up........
gud comeback by India in the end but Pak batted really well at start...... but in this kinda close matches, luck alwayz matters and this time, it was with Pakistan :D
I think there was exactly 50-50 chances for both teams when 18 required of 18 balls..... newyaz Go Pakistan.....

Definitely Pakistan batted much better for the first half of their innings!

They lost their way in the second half and close to the end but still they looked to be deserving winners!

Except Sreesanth, no one in this Indian attack even looked like beating the Pakistani batsmen! Even though we fought back in the end, this bowling attack is not going to win you trophies! You cant put too much pressure on your batting line up! They might have their off days and those off days with this bowling attack will be painful!

Zaheer - AWFUL
Agarkar - DOESNT DESERVE A MENTION
Pathan - 'Pace'less but decent
Sreesanth - Lot of potential but a bit more aggressive
Kartik - Who is he? Why was this alien bowling?

I know I might sound a bit harsh on our bowlers after they have played on this batting beauty where over 600 runs have been scored! But Pakistani bowlers at least looked like they might get some wickets! The Indian bowlers didnt look to even beat the batsmen (they beat a few in the end but that was when Pakistan surprisingly started pressing the panic button for no real reason!).

Our Indian bowling has never looked this innocous! I pity the batsmen! They have to deliver every time they go out!

Bilal91 said:
Yup great batting by both teams but Paistan cam on top this time...can't wait for the other matches...

Should have been a more easier win for Pakistan had Yousuf, Inzamam and Razzaq been more sensible! Yousuf's shot wasnt needed at all and Razzaq also didnt play a good shot?

@Inzamam: What was he doing? I think he is upset because the Indians appealed for that 'obstructing the field' but actually they did the right thing. He has no right to block the ball that is being thrown by the fielder at the stumps or at the keeper with his hand or bat! I dont know for what reason was he fuming while going back to the pavilion?

I have to say, even though I am happy with the result, I am very disappointed at the way it was achieved. Pakistan needed 18 runs off 18 balls with three wickets left, the match was setup for a great finish! I actually felt that India could've won, but the way they were bowling, Pakistan most likely would've been victorious. Also, we have to take into consideration that the light was kinda bad throughout most of Pakistan's inning, but they still came that close to achieving the target. Good match!! Now could somebody explain to me exactly how Pakistan won through the D/L rule?

zaheer khan still had 2 overs left, we were trying to get rid of murali karthik first.

Zaheer - AWFUL
Agarkar - DOESNT DESERVE A MENTION
Pathan - 'Pace'less but decent
Sreesanth - Lot of potential but a bit more aggressive
Kartik - Who is he? Why was this alien bowling?

I think agarkar has bowled well... he has got some crucial wickets... He has gone for runs, but i think agarkar and sreesanth were the bowlers who brought India back in the game at the end.... but i agree wid u the Zaheer, kartik n pathan bowled...... Pathan has gone for 5.5 or nearly 6 an over but more important without a wicket... I dont think it was decent bowling.... for me it was agarkar n sreesanth

A bit unlucky I guess with the way it ended.
India were in it bigtime after Razzaq`s wicket.

Seeing the way the Pakistani batsmen were pressing the panic button, I dare say, we would have won it had we picked up a wicket.
The 2 teams are really closely matched and I expect India to bounce back at Rawalpindi.
The game was 50-50 when it was called off due to the wickets Pakistan had lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread