India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni said:
Dhoni, I have a request. Can you please beat up all the Indian bowlers with your Reebok bat till their last breathe ? Thanks!
now i know who threw something to pathan :rolleyes:

Sachin_007 said:
I don't think Nehra was a good bowler, he was a very bad bowler...always bowling wide and no and other extras...he sucks...Good thing he didn't came to play cricket...he gotta improved himself...

what..you are a chairman or a bowling coach? Always bowling wides/no-balls? what on earth are you smoking? He is a wicket-taking, match winning bowler but his fitness nothing to brag about. If he improves his fiteness, he will be back into the team.

I agree. Zaheer is a much better bowler when it comes to line-length, mainly because he doesn't swing the ball as much as Pathan does. He is still our strike bowlers...atleast..he should be. All the hype about VRV and Munaf is useless..unless selectors try them in the near future.

The concern in the Indian camp will revolve around bowling. I still can't find a reasonable reason for Kumble's omission...Did he confirm that he is not going to play until WC2007? or is he unfit for ODI's? His ODI stats are as amazing as his test stats are.
Are they looking for a replacement for Kumble? I don't seee one! They have murali karthik but he doesn't get to play that many matches. They don't include any other spinners...so whats the point in Kumble's omission?

I see none..if ppl find, please shed some light on that.

Its Kartik cricket lover!!!

And Sreesanth is quick. Consistanly 80+...

Now, just want to get this off my chest, ignore if you want to:

This match wasn't fair!!! How can you call it a just result, serioulsy?? Pakistan looked like they were going to win, until the last few overs when Razzaq and Inzy fell. India had the momentum (46th over, 2 runs). Then, when things looked tough for Pakistan, they walk off!
Now you blame the bad light, but it is not India's problem! You guys won the toss, so bat first then! Its your friggin country after all, you should know when it gets dark!! Speaking of which, who hosts D/N matches in a stadium to cheap to get lights! So you sent us in to bat, decided to slog and run off when it gets dark!!! And you did that!! Is it our fault the light got bad???
Take it the other way, If Pakistan scored 329 and India was batting second. In that case, India would win bny D/L method, but they got bowled out for 328 in the end! Its cricket, anything can happen! India were looking at the win, and than Pakistan decided to walk off. All of a sudden it got dark ay? It wasn't dar then 4-5 overs ago when Inzy was batting or before Razzaq got out huh? All of a sudden, when it looked like you would lose, it was too dark! THAT IS NOT OUR PROBLEM, your country, you should know if anything!!

Now I know none of you ignored that, so I apologize :)

ZoraxDoom said:

This match wasn't fair!!! How can you call it a just result, serioulsy?? Pakistan looked like they were going to win, until the last few overs when Razzaq and Inzy fell. India had the momentum (46th over, 2 runs). Then, when things looked tough for Pakistan, they walk off!
Now you blame the bad light, but it is not India's problem! You guys won the toss, so bat first then! Its your friggin country after all, you should know when it gets dark!! Speaking of which, who hosts D/N matches in a stadium to cheap to get lights! So you sent us in to bat, decided to slog and run off when it gets dark!!! And you did that!! Is it our fault the light got bad???
Take it the other way, If Pakistan scored 329 and India was batting second. In that case, India would win bny D/L method, but they got bowled out for 328 in the end! Its cricket, anything can happen! India were looking at the win, and than Pakistan decided to walk off. All of a sudden it got dark ay? It wasn't dar then 4-5 overs ago when Inzy was batting or before Razzaq got out huh? All of a sudden, when it looked like you would lose, it was too dark! THAT IS NOT OUR PROBLEM, your country, you should know if anything!!

Ignore it? Thats a pretty disgusting post just to ignore like that. And you expect to get away by a mild apology and a smile? Your post is not restricted to cricketing discussion, you are basically maligning us as a country. I could dissect most of what you have said here point by point and throw it back in your face but I don't feel like starting a flaming war. But yes, it IS my "friggin" country (as you said) so better watch your mouth next time. Your posts are generally reasonable so it is a surprize to see you acting like Fardin. I am sure you remember him.

To STEVIE:
I understand (and expected) your editing the post but can you tell me why using a four letter word is any more of a disgusting thing than the things that he said about my country? And on that point, do you KNOW the meaning of the word "friggin"? Can you tell me why that is acceptable but f*** is not? Especially when it is said in the context of "your friggin country"? I dont mind if the rules are being applied fairly but if you are going to be a moderator, then don't be so goddamned biased. This is not the first time that your precious forum rules have been applied unfairly.

Last edited:
ZoraxDoom said:

India should have bowled faster and should not have waisted more than needed time on feild adjustment...

i think inzi will make india pay for his wicket on saturday!!
he looks really angry!!

ZoraxDoom said:

well india cheated inzi by appealing!!
if they hadnt then the match would have been over by the 47th over!!

ZoraxDoom said:

No,India intentionally maintained a very slow over rate so that when the light gets bad,they may get the Pakistanis out while chasing such a huge total but is it our fault that Indian players forgot that in such situations,matches are decided by D/L method.

Last edited:
I dont see why people are going on about VRV and Munaf. Let's face it, they dont take as many wickets as let's say zaheer in domestic.(Zaheer picks quite a few as matter of fact). Then why do we hope that they are going to be better than zaheer in internationals. Maybe they are quite good, but i wouldn't keep my expectations so high...

I don't mean it!!!
Just getting some anger off :) Had a big debate in class between the Pakistanis and Indians, so being a fair bit biased ;)
Like I said, Ignore it. Delete it even :) Just trying to relese some anger. I understand it was too dark, and I blame the PCB for arranging a match there when the wheather was such and the stadium having no lights.
But I stick to waht I said about if the situation was reversed. It is in NO WAY a fair result, anything could happen in cricket.

And I knew none of you would ignore it :D

a win is a win man and there was no choice to use D/L Method. u should be thanking the pcb for making a batting pitch

iceman_waugh said:
Why was S Sreesanth in the team instead of R P Singh for the first ODI ? Chappellism ?

They needed a right armer in there for variation! And also Sreesanth is faster than Pathan, RP, Zaheer and Agarkar! Pace is being given importance there too!

gambino said:
i think inzi will make india pay for his wicket on saturday!!
he looks really angry!!

well india cheated inzi by appealing!!
if they hadnt then the match would have been over by the 47th over!!

Well, India appealed according to what the ICC laws say! It was a fair decision and Inzy was genuinely OUT! He had no business blocking the ball with his bat! If the ball was coming at him, he should have got it on his body! That wont be out! There have been many instances before when the fielders throw the ball but it hits the batsman on his body! Well using bat and hand is prohibited!

Reg. the match getting over by the 47th over, NO WAY! The way the 'burly' Inzy was running, he would have been out anytime!!! He was running terribly!

Shoaib87 said:
No,India intentionally maintained a very slow overrate so that when the light get bad,they may get the Pakistanis out while chasing such a huge total but is it our fault that Indian players didn't know that in such conditions,atches are decided by D/L method.
The Indians didn't know the match is decided by the D/L Method? Please, good sir, tell someone to prick your bloated ego. The Indians were probably going for a D/L win themselves, and fell short in their goal. All this would never have happened if India did not throw away their wonderful advantage at the end of their batting.

varunvgiri said:
I dont see why people are going on about VRV and Munaf. Let's face it, they dont take as many wickets as let's say zaheer in domestic.(Zaheer picks quite a few as matter of fact). Then why do we hope that they are going to be better than zaheer in internationals. Maybe they are quite good, but i wouldn't keep my expectations so high...

What does Zaheer do when he comes to international cricket?

And Munaf Patel and VRV Singh have started out pretty lately and have played only a few matches! but they have turned in impressive performances! VRV has played 7 first class matches and has 34 wickets already at 20.67 average!

And Munaf Patel has played 23 matches and has picked 78 wickets at 22.61 average! Which all sounds pretty good in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread