India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe...prejudice at its best, very short and sweet indeed :D

And on that note i would also like to say that Pathan's hatrick was fluke. He can thank the wicket for that. And before some of you bash me on this, if it wasn't a fluke, than the Pak team should have been all out for like 52 not all out for 242. Once the wicket started to give up the Pathan, Singh, and Khan couldn't do much. Yet on that same wicket, day 5, Asif and Ahktar ratteled the top order.

hehe..you call that luck. In a way, this part of your post just justifies Pathan's hat-trick as a well-deserved one rather than a fluke.

Or may be..in the three over left, pakistan could have been all out! You'll never know with cricket.

History has to teach people...for some reason it doesn't teach you or may be you don't learn that much. Over-confidence, and pride will lead to one's downfall. it has..manytimes and it will.

I prefer giving credit where it is due.
1) Pakistan played brilliant cricket in the third test. True determined performance, and all round brilliance. It overshadowed whatever tiny blitz from the Indian camp.
2) The ODI was a close one. yea! pak. were heading home nicely when those quick wickets fell. THats what cricket is! If India did not lose wickets at the end, India might have won the game. Same happened to Pakistan and one can argue that the bad light helped them.

And last but not least i am a new member. I m not an existing member who has changed my name.

do you have to mention that?

It will be quite harsh to remove Umar Gul..after just one bad outing. He is a good bowler, can swing the ball and he needs more chances.

neo44 said:
Let me make this short and sweet. First of pak is winning this series 5 nill. You can see that by the way they are playing as a team. Second India just doesn't have the pace attack to take down our batsmen. And by the way they can try like 1000 left arm MEDIUM pacers and still not come up with one Akram. Pakistan has this nack for coming up with genuine fast bowlers. Best example is our new hero Asif. The guy is brilliant and was the reason for handing the indians the test loss.

And on that note i would also like to say that Pathan's hatrick was fluke. He can thank the wicket for that. And before some of you bash me on this, if it wasn't a fluke, than the Pak team should have been all out for like 52 not all out for 242. Once the wicket started to give up the Pathan, Singh, and Khan couldn't do much. Yet on that same wicket, day 5, Asif and Ahktar ratteled the top order.

saisrini80 the match wasn't that close dude. If it wasn't for the bad light and afridi getting run out, the Pak team would have won by like an over to spare. :D

And last but not least i am a new member. I m not an existing member who has changed my name.

Ok NEW MEMBER Mr. Neo44,

Do you want me to start giving my version of 'if's'. Here I go:

1. Had India picked up the wickets on Day 1 of Karachi after having Pakistan at 39-6, Pakistan wont have won that test match

2. Had India scored more than just 23 runs off the last 5 overs in the first ODI at Peshawar, most probably India would have easily won the match!

3. Had India bowled Pakistan out in the second innings of the Rawalpindi test, they might have won the match and would not have lost the series!

Even though my 'if's' are not sensible ones, they are much better compared to yours! Shahid Afridi was run out by a brilliant piece of fielding by Mohammed Kaif! Now saying that had Afridi stayed in, Pak would have won with an over to spare is like saying "Had India scored the 360 runs to win, they would have been the 2003 World Cup Champions".

I too definitely agree that luck had a part to play in Pathan's hat trick! Definitely to get a hat trick, you need luck and Pathan had it that day! But you need to have the skill to consistently deliver the wicket taking balls! And mind you, all the deliveries were wicket taking ones! Perfect wicket taking ones. Dont use the wicket as an excuse to downplay his hat trick! Was it his mistake that he bowled on dead flat wickets in the first two tests? It was the weather, the curators, etc who are responsible! And let me remind you that the first day wicket of the third test in Karachi was nothing close to what you get in the West Indies, South Africa or Australia! With application, you can easily score runs as illustrated by Kamran Akmal (genuis innings!) and Shoaib 'Javelin' Akthar (Sorry, its my way of addressing him and no one has any right to question me other than the man himself)!

I agree that our bowlers lack the pace to trouble the batsmen in the world! But I would say it was a combination of two factors - lack of pace and the lack of confidence. This does not apply to the Pakistani bowlers because they have the pace and skill to trouble the batsmen even though their bowlers were also lacking in confidence after the first two tests! I definitely agree our bowling lacks pace and cant trouble!

But I dont agree when you say that will lead to Pakistan washing us 5-0 in the ODI's. We have won ODI's even though we have conceded 300+ runs and on many occasions! Our bowlers are not ones who lack the skill to contain the Pakistani batsmen! They lack pace but they are not so bad to allow their team lose 5-0!

shahid6995 said:
Quite true, but thats India. I dont recall if Pakistan has ever let a lead like that slip in a five-match (or more) series. Still, like I said, its pretty unlikely.

This implies that Pakistan if looses ,looses badly ,unlike India who do soething atleast even if they loose. :p

neo44 said:

I beg pardon for that! If you're really a new member, I beg pardon for what I said! I have seen many posts that sound the same that I begun doubting! I still feel there are a few people having multiple accounts and are trying to make their views get the majority!

neo44 said:
the match wasn't that close dude. If it wasn't for the bad light and afridi getting run out, the Pak team would have won by like an over to spare. :D

who asked your batsmen to walk off when bad light was offered to them? they knew the indians were back into the game and a mistake could well cost them the match!

if they were so confident, why didnt they wait till the remaining 3 overs and finished off the game the legit way?

neo44 said:
the match wasn't that close dude. If it wasn't for the bad light and afridi getting run out, the Pak team would have won by like an over to spare. :D

Wow what astounding and impeccable logic. I am clearly astounded by those wonderful powers of deduction. Well lets see, if Sehwag hadn't been edged he would've beaten Asif with the paddle not unlike the latter's mother when he had been bothersome as a child. Hypotheticals are flawed and if you use them than, hypothetically India would have propelled itself to a 350+score, regardless of Sehwag's mistimed cut.

saisrini80 said:
Ok NEW MEMBER Mr. Neo44,

Do you want me to start giving my version of 'if's'. Here I go:

1. Had India picked up the wickets on Day 1 of Karachi after having Pakistan at 39-6, Pakistan wont have won that test match

2. Had India scored more than just 23 runs off the last 5 overs in the first ODI at Peshawar, most probably India would have easily won the match!

3. Had India bowled Pakistan out in the second innings of the Rawalpindi test, they might have won the match and would not have lost the series!

Even though my 'if's' are not sensible ones, they are much better compared to yours! Shahid Afridi was run out by a brilliant piece of fielding by Mohammed Kaif! Now saying that had Afridi stayed in, Pak would have won with an over to spare is like saying "Had India scored the 360 runs to win, they would have been the 2003 World Cup Champions".

I too definitely agree that luck had a part to play in Pathan's hat trick! Definitely to get a hat trick, you need luck and Pathan had it that day! But you need to have the skill to consistently deliver the wicket taking balls! And mind you, all the deliveries were wicket taking ones! Perfect wicket taking ones. Dont use the wicket as an excuse to downplay his hat trick! Was it his mistake that he bowled on dead flat wickets in the first two tests? It was the weather, the curators, etc who are responsible! And let me remind you that the first day wicket of the third test in Karachi was nothing close to what you get in the West Indies, South Africa or Australia! With application, you can easily score runs as illustrated by Kamran Akmal (genuis innings!) and Shoaib 'Javelin' Akthar (Sorry, its my way of addressing him and no one has any right to question me other than the man himself)!

I agree that our bowlers lack the pace to trouble the batsmen in the world! But I would say it was a combination of two factors - lack of pace and the lack of confidence. This does not apply to the Pakistani bowlers because they have the pace and skill to trouble the batsmen even though their bowlers were also lacking in confidence after the first two tests! I definitely agree our bowling lacks pace and cant trouble!

But I dont agree when you say that will lead to Pakistan washing us 5-0 in the ODI's. We have won ODI's even though we have conceded 300+ runs and on many occasions! Our bowlers are not ones who lack the skill to contain the Pakistani batsmen! They lack pace but they are not so bad to allow their team lose 5-0!
dude you are a lean mean posting machine :cheers
match will start in a few hours, letz hope for the best

Lets see. I think the poor guy is being flayed left and right.
Match about to start in few hours. It'll be interesting to see the Indian composition...mainly the batting order.

pakistan could manage without shoaib, but India will struggle without bhajji

ronny_kingsley said:
This implies that Pakistan if looses ,looses badly ,unlike India who do soething atleast even if they loose. :p

What? :p

You seriously have issues. Or can you tell that whenever Pakistan loses they will always lose badly :rolleyes:. Tough call this but I really can't say much about anything because of the fact that no one here knows the pitch, or the toss, or even the teams.

donkey said:
pakistan could manage without shoaib, but India will struggle without bhajji

If the grass is left on the wicket, I would say India should bat first and hope to put up a total of 250 to have any chance of winning! Even though its dead grass, Pakistan have Asif who is in roaring form to bowl well on any wicket! So India should hope the grass stays off! If its a low scoring game, Pakistan start as big favorites!

I dont think India would struggle without Bhajji! Bhajji hasnt been in good form in the tests and definitely confidence carries on from one form of the game to another! So I dont think he would have made a big impact! I think Ramesh Powar will be picked today and he is in pretty good state of mind after being the leading wicket taker in the Ranji season with 42 wickets!

asifplaya said:
Inzamam refused to speak about comments he made earlier in the week in a newspaper column, where he accused the Indians of poor sportsmanship. Inzamam was dismissed obstructing the field after blocking Suresh Raina's throw to the striker's end. Inzamam said he wasn't allowed to speak on the issue as per the instructions of the match referee.

Hasnt Inzamam spoken more than what was needed off him?

Some site said that his 'irresponsible' letting out of words might in turn affect the Pak camp! Personally, I have not known the Indians to take off field issues to on the field (except to some extent, Sachin who blasted Caddick and Akthar after what they spoke in the 2003 World Cup!).

I dont except any adrenaline pumping cricket from the Indians! I think they will go about it the normal way they have been doing this season!

I think he was simply using some fuzzy logic on Shahid's statement that Pakistan don't give up a 2-0 lead to a loss. If Pakistan loses, according to ronny, they lose 5-0. Just trying to explain his pov, not mine.

Ok Mr. saisrini80 Here we go.

1. But they didn't. That's why pathan's hatrick was a fluke. Where did those delivers go. As soon as the pitch lost its ability to turn the pak batsmen started spanking the ball. Indian bowlers not only lack the pace, but also lack skill.

2. They didn't score those 23 runs because our bowling has always been better. India should have scored 60 more runs with the way pathan and dhoni batted, but they didn't because our bowlers had the skill and the aggression and that without the fastest bowler in the world on there side.

3. They didn't bowl them out because again the akram wannabe's couldn't bowl. And where did those wicket taking delivers go in the second innings. Because there was no wicket to help him.

4. Afridis runout was due to mohammad yousuf running down the pitch. But also a brilliant peice of feilding by kaif.

5. BOOM BOOM Afridi would have seen us through with an over to spare. Don't forget the banglore test where he won the much for Pakistan by beating the Indian bowlers around the park.

And last not but not least

Pakistan JEETAY GA! JEETAY GA! JEETAY GA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread