India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys are still arguing about that?

Maybe bad news for Pakistan: Akhtar is not fit. Also Harbhajan Singh won't play.

shah_Ji said:
If defeating India is bad cricket for you then I guess you will see a lot more of it comming......and bad test series for you I can understand where you comming from

you interpreted it wrongly friend.
I'm not telling defeating India is bad cricket.
I'm telling preparing poor pitches & drawing matches which could have had a result is bad cricket.

Quotes by Pakistani's on the pitch issue.

Moin Khan said:
But again, I have a different view on this and I believe that Pakistan wanted this type of pitch.

Imran Khan said:
I am increasingly convinced that the grass on the Lahore track was shaved off in order to make it placid and risk-free."
So my conclusion,Pakistan is fully responsible for the dull test series.

A quote from Moin Khan
Moin Khan said:
The more quickly the Indian team gets over this Ganguly affair, the better because this is an opportunist Pakistan side, capable of pouncing on any opportunity that comes there way.

Not only Pakistan,any side is an opportunistic side.They got the opportunity to get Inzamam out & they did it.What's wrong in it?

Last edited:
As it was earlier said (and also some numerous articles before): the weather prevented the pitches becoming like the Pakistani curators wanted to be.

so why plan the series in the time Pakistan has bad weather?
They could consult the met dept. for forecasts & plan the series.

I don't understand it either. It's better if Pakistan plays during the months of December of January in another country like they did previous year against Australia. But from the other hand it's only summer in countries like Australia, New Zealand and West Indies (where it's always summer I would say). And these countries have also other plans. So the choice of playing against countries in a desired season isn't that big.

Bad weather also happened in India recently when a Test match was drawn against Sri Lanka. You can't control weather.

I would have preferred it they would have played in March and April. But then Pakistan has a series against Sri Lanka.

well shoaib akhtar is out of the match,
hopefully we will see yasir arafat instead of arshad khan as supersub,
he consistently bowls at around 90 mph,

p.s. check out his wicket of flintoff in 3rd odi at karachi!!!

I still find the topic intrsting to debate.
Did u Pakistani friends read this :http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/236394.html

Osman Samiuddin said:
The match was delicately poised in favour of Pakistan, Inzamam's was a crucial wicket and India needed it. The mode of dismissal was legitimate and the appeal as sporting or unsporting as any for an edge, leg-before, stumping or run-out. Incidentally, the appeal was also as genuine as the one Pakistan made when Sachin Tendulkar was run out at Eden Gardens in 1999, another dismissal that sparked debate about the spirit of cricket.

Tendulkar appeared to have grounded his bat before colliding with Shoaib Akhtar inadvertently, causing him to lift his bat when the bails were dislodged and being given out; Pakistan could have withdrawn the appeal given the accidental collision but chose not to, which was their right. In Inzamam's case, the decision didn't even involve considerations of a collision as a loophole.

Ultimately both decisions were correct according to law and that, not ensuing debate in both cases about sportsmanship, is what matters. Moin Khan, who played in that match, called Inzamam's dismissal deplorable, citing it as an example of India's desire to win by hook or by crook and launching a scathing personal attack on Rahul Dravid. Conveniently, Moin forgets Tendulkar's dismissal. Was appealing for it then not outside the spirit of the game as well? In a realm as grey as ethics, such accusations are damaging and unnecessary and though they hold less significance than Inzamam's, Moin's words are incendiary, misjudged and possibly hypocritical.

Worse still, Inzamam further implied it could affect relations between the two sides. Mostly, this series has been played in a cordial spirit, aside from some niggles at Faisalabad. Inzamam has thus not only made an issue from nothing, within the context of India and Pakistan, he has acted irresponsibly

Pakistanis ..Change your mind sets :p
Act & speak responsibly.

Last edited:
Hmm, its just a few ruffling of feathers, I feel. Brings some excitement into the series which was lacking for most of the test series.

bharat said:
I still find the topic intrsting to debate.
Did u Pakistani friends read this :http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/236394.html
Pakistanis ..Change your mind sets :p
Act & speak responsibly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Try not to generalize your comments to a whole nation. You think ALL Pakistanis think the same way? If you did not notice this was a Pakistani who WROTE this column in the first place.
Following your example, should I assume that ALL Sikhs are irrational and unable to speak properly just because Navjot Sidhu is like that?
Are ALL Aussies like Martyn (I think it was him) who called Sri Lankans "Black C****"?
Are ALL Germans Nazi anti-semites because Hitler was one?
You are the one who needs to change your mindset and "speak responsibly" as you yourself said.
And all that I am seeing recently on this thread is crying, excuses, more excuses and more crying by the Indians. I guess I should assume therefore that ALL Indians are like that, huh?

Bharat, yea..i read the article in cricinfo. Interesting. Moin Khan is a joker, i think he does not know what he is talking. It feels as if he is writing articles for publicity, not for cricketing sake.

http://sify.com/sports/columns/fullstory.php?id=14138569

hmm..a rare sensible article from Bishen Singh Bedi.

The Indian bowling has come in for a lot of flak on this particular tour. Both experience and inexperience have got the stick for obvious negative tactics. Looking for dot balls with wayward strategy is poor cricket thinking. But kindly allow me ask what is India's main strength? Is it batting or bowling? Batting, of course.

So, all the more reason to expect 40-50 extras runs to lend cover to the mediocre bowling. Also, every fielder on his toes would help the Indian captain look the man in charge, who must come in at number three. All other experimentations can wait till against inferior oppositions.

India's six main batsmen must last the 50 overs. In Peshawar, the entire side got bowled out in less than 50 overs. So with or without the deplorable Duckworth-Lewis law, India would have still lost.

And pray tell me does slowing down of the overs help in any way the scoring rate to drop? The Indian captain and the team were rightly fined. Hopefully, the entire unit will have learnt some vital lessons.

Ramesh Powar joining the squad is a sensible move. I would have liked Anil Kumble to stay on for the moment. Everybody is clamouring for one genuine fast bowler in the Indian bowling line-up. Well, if you don't have him, learn to live without him. Make the best of what you have, instead of cribbing about lacking what you don't. I still feel this Indian bowling is good enough to contain the Pakistanis.

All we need is discipline and loads of commitment. There can never be an excuse for lack of effort. Both Ajit Agarkar and Zaheer Khan are not beginners. That is all I can say to spur them on.

Finally, Team India must show a strength of character. They can still win the one-day series and restore their collective self-belief. The need of the hour is staying together and to abstain from backbiting. Win or lose, the dressing room ought to give positive and happy signals. A little pause and thought into individual deeds needs appreciation at this crucial juncture. The loss of Test series will be erased from public memory if the one-day script is written with fresh impetus.

Thats an excellent article from Bishen Singh Bedi. I am shocked!!!! Is this really written by the same Bedi who knows nothing else but to spurt out controversial statements to gain media mileage??? He often picks on players on whom his comments, would reach the very interior of the cricketing world! He picks on Ganguly, Shoaib Akthar, Muralitharan, etc and tries to gain publicity!

But the article above was fantastic! Commitment and discpline from the Indian bowlers can definitely help him in the current ODI series! Agarkar and Zaheer Khan are seasoned pros and they ought to show discpline even if they dont have the pace to ruffle the Pakistani feathers! Pathan to some extent does it but invariably finds him with lack of support!

Something gives me a feeling that the Indian bowlers might pull up their socks and deliver a much much better performance tomorrow at Rawalpindi! A match winning performance! Hope I am justified of my dream!

shahid6995 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Try not to generalize your comments to a whole nation. You think ALL Pakistanis think the same way? If you did not notice this was a Pakistani who WROTE this column in the first place.
Following your example, should I assume that ALL Sikhs are irrational and unable to speak properly just because Navjot Sidhu is like that?
Are ALL Aussies like Martyn (I think it was him) who called Sri Lankans "Black C****"?
Are ALL Germans Nazi anti-semites because Hitler was one?
You are the one who needs to change your mindset and "speak responsibly" as you yourself said.
And all that I am seeing recently on this thread is crying, excuses, more excuses and more crying by the Indians. I guess I should assume therefore that ALL Indians are like that, huh?

I thought that comment by bharat was made in a lighter vein, notified by that emoticon that he had used!

saisrini80 said:
I thought that comment by bharat was made in a lighter vein, notified by that emoticon that he had used!

well..yea, i don't think he was serious in his statement...but you still cannot justify that. Its sounds offensive.

Stop the fighting guys. Inzi's dismissal is done and over. Lets move on! Its childish really to argue over the things that have already passed.

Coming to the 2nd ODI, Shoaib is still unfit and so this is a worry for us. Our bowling attack looks a lot thinner now. Maybe Arafat will get a game tomorrow. He is another guy who can bowl at 90 mph and his yorkers are amazing! Just ask Flintoff!

What is going to be the wicket for tomorrow's match? Will it in anyway resemble the wicket that was used for the England-Pakistan match that saw Pakistan and England getting out for low scores?

I dont think so because even though the Indian bowling attack looks very weak, all they need is a good bowling track to get back on confidence! It required a gem of an innings from Kamran Akmal to bail Pakistan out of the mess that they were into in Karachi! But Pakistan would do well to know that such instances do not happen very often! So I expect another run scoring track for tomorrow's match and a total in the range of 280-290 being the winning total!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread