India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a good total but Pakistan should have got much more. Khan or Malik should have gone on for a big one but they did their jobs. Afridi and Razzaq were the disappointing players, I expected them to finish the inns off and get Pakistan over 300. Much better bowling effort by India this time round.

Pakistan have given themselves a chance here to win!

Again why did India let Pakistan off the hook after having them tied up at 68-4? This is getting irritating!

Good bowling by Pathan! TERRIFIC FIELDING by the Indians! Though we had our customary lapses or two, our fielding effort has been instrumental in a total of 265 and 290....

Can India win this? The wicket is not behaving a great deal in favor of the bowlers! But the difference turns out often that the Pakistanis with more pace get better help! But no Shoaib Akthar here and so no real bowler to soften the indians up!

Should prove a very interesting contest! My mind and heart both says "INDIA"

(will get to the other messages and reply to them after the match! neo, await my replies :D )

aussie1st said:
It might be a good total but Pakistan should have got much more. Khan or Malik should have gone on for a big one but they did their jobs. Afridi and Razzaq were the disappointing players, I expected them to finish the inns off and get Pakistan over 300. Much better bowling effort by India this time round.

definitely! and much better captaincy too! dravid didnt bowl out irfan and had the bowlers for the final overs when it could have gone out of india's hands.

Indiangod said:
India should win this match.

Nobody can say that man but India are going very strong indeed making 31-0 and sehwag hitting 6 4 4 4 0 nb nb 2...

What an over from Sehwag! Just what India needed, Sehwag has just smashed a 4, and another - India are looking on top right now.

Sehwag is playing brilliant!, India 46-0 in 6.2 overs, Sehwag smashed Naved for 22 runs in is second over, brilliant stuff from Sehwag.

As the commentators were saying repeatedly, Sachin is starting to showcase some vintage shots. Apparently he went back and watched tapes of himself playing in 1998. India going strongly with 96 runs on the board at 6.86, and no wickets down. Apart from an initially decent start, the Pakistan bowling attack has been made to look more or less insipid. However, Razzaq looks like he is going to keep it tight, and a firy spell from Afridi could easily turn things around.

One last comment before I head off to bed--I think fielding is separating India and Pakistan pretty widely in this game. Whereas the Indians enacted 4 run outs, the Pakistanis have fumbled 3 times near the boundary rope (giving away fours) in the 15 overs I have watched. Mikey is getting annoyed.

Noo!!! Gone Sachin. He was playing fantastic and aggressive. Anyway Sachin and Shewag build up good patnership so from now on they should carry on ticking the scoreboard.

I too feel for Sachin, he was playing very good before he got out. India off to a great start 115-1 in 15 overs, Sehwag going great.

Sensible cricket played by Dravid and Yuvraj.

We won what a superb knock by Yuvi, Veeru and the great wall Dravid and also specially to Pathan for removing the 2 openers and Afridi.

India Win :)

Pakistan Innings: 265 a/o (49.2 Overs)
[S.Malik 95(110, 13*4), Younis 81(98, 9*4), Pathan 3/43]

India Innings: 266/3 (43.1 Overs)
[Yuvraj 82*(89, 8*4, 2*6), Sehwag 67(60, 10*4, 1*6), Dravid 56(61, 5*4), Malik 1/24]

India win by 7 wickets

Great win for India. Pakistan played the most horrible cricket I've seen them play in 18 months, its almost like watching the 'old times'. However, India demonstrated a surgical precision and their mental approach was outstanding, Pathan bowled well, the fielding was brilliant and Sreesanth should definitely be persisted with. Hopefully this will be a kick up the backside for Inzi, he should bring back Sami and Kaneria, though that will probably avail Pakistan very little if the bastmen bat and run like they did today. Malik and Younis cannot be faulted, they really saved Pakistan some face, it is not their fault that India batted supremely well and Inzi's tactics were abhorrently defensive.

Good cricket by India to win their first match of the tour . A comprehensive win as well with 6 overs to spare.
None of the batsmen looked like getting out apart from the deliveries they got out to.
The Indian batting form in this match as well as the previous one is looking ominous.

A lot has been said about the Indian bowling but th Pakistani bowling was as poor if not worse, in this game .
Rana was shocking to say the least.
Asif did nothing special today.
I doubt whether Gul will trouble India even in future games.
Arshad tried hard but does not look like a bowler who can get wickets against a batting lineup good against spin line India.

Sreesanth impressed me in his 2nd spell clocking good speeds.
Pathan is my MOM.

Dhoni said:
Khan and Agarkar should be thrown out. They both suck! Can't field and can't bowl even can't bowl to the tailnders.
Agarkar is sharp on the field, and reverse swings the ball very well.
Zaheer bowls really well to the tail.

What a great victory for India! All top order batsmen preformed well today. Sehwag was unlucky other wise he would have finished the game in around 35 overs. BALLA BALLA BALLA!!!!!!!!! YUVIIIIIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread