India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaheer struggles to get the ball at 80 mph these days... However, this match I noticed that he got a couple up in the 82-85 range. Nowhere close to the quickest he has bowled when he first entered international cricket, but it's a good sign. He was also hitting the right length for his kind of bowling in this match...

Agarkar... to be honest, I think his glory days are over and I think India should seriously look at newcomers or even a comeback for Laxmipathy Balaji. He used to be quick and swing the ball a bit, but his pace has dropped dramatically and so his swing is no longer as effective as it used to be.

Well neo44, Good luck on your 5-0 prediction! Didnt turn out true eh? :cool:

Anyways, brilliant win for India this match! What a comprehensive win it was! Pakistan looked totally down and out after Sehwag and Tendulkar racked up that hundred partnership! Though they sensed some opening, Yuvraj and Dravid ensured nothing of that sort happened!

All credit here goes to the Indian fielding and to some extent, our bowling! Our bowling overshadowed Pakistan's bowling IN THIS MATCH! Our fielding was sensational! Gr8 throws, gr8 run outs!!! The fielding is looking increasingly menacing for India! Zaheer either has to improve his fielding or we can look for another bowler who can field well. He and Agarkar to an extent were blots in an otherwise sensational Indian fielding outfit!

Agarkar and Zaheer bowled well today! There was some hint of swing in the morning! This is the most absurd decision by Inzamam to bat first! India got all the advantage of the morning swing! If Inzy thought Karachi would be repeated, well he was WRONG! We are not going to let such situations go by always!

Going by the way India won today, I would like to place them ahead! But still Pakistan were without Shoaib Javelin Akthar who softens up batsmen with his thunderthrows and it seems this Pakistani bowling outfit looks different when his throws are around!

Good work by Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj and to also Sachin! Batted beautifully! I think Sehwag deserved the Man of the match! Had he been out early, the game might have been different in the way it went off!

harishankar said:
Zaheer struggles to get the ball at 80 mph these days... However, this match I noticed that he got a couple up in the 82-85 range. Nowhere close to the quickest he has bowled when he first entered international cricket, but it's a good sign. He was also hitting the right length for his kind of bowling in this match...

Agarkar... to be honest, I think his glory days are over and I think India should seriously look at newcomers or even a comeback for Laxmipathy Balaji. He used to be quick and swing the ball a bit, but his pace has dropped dramatically and so his swing is no longer as effective as it used to be.

Not for this series though! Agarkar has to play this whole series!

I think if Munaf and/or VRV do well in warm up match against England and get an opportunity in the tests and do well, they might be included in the ODI's too against England! At that time, Agarkar's days would be numbered!

aditya123 said:
Good cricket by India to win their first match of the tour . A comprehensive win as well with 6 overs to spare.
None of the batsmen looked like getting out apart from the deliveries they got out to.
The Indian batting form in this match as well as the previous one is looking ominous.

A lot has been said about the Indian bowling but th Pakistani bowling was as poor if not worse, in this game .
Rana was shocking to say the least.
Asif did nothing special today.
I doubt whether Gul will trouble India even in future games.
Arshad tried hard but does not look like a bowler who can get wickets against a batting lineup good against spin line India.

Sreesanth impressed me in his 2nd spell clocking good speeds.
Pathan is my MOM.

Sreesanth bowled brillantly in his last 4 overs! He went for 39 runs without a wicket in 6 overs at over 6 runs per over! But his last 4 overs went for only 13 runs! He bowled a great line and choked the batsmen for runs and also displayed great yet controlled aggression!

MAJID-A said:
Great win for India. Pakistan played the most horrible cricket I've seen them play in 18 months, its almost like watching the 'old times'. However, India demonstrated a surgical precision and their mental approach was outstanding, Pathan bowled well, the fielding was brilliant and Sreesanth should definitely be persisted with. Hopefully this will be a kick up the backside for Inzi, he should bring back Sami and Kaneria, though that will probably avail Pakistan very little if the bastmen bat and run like they did today. Malik and Younis cannot be faulted, they really saved Pakistan some face, it is not their fault that India batted supremely well and Inzi's tactics were abhorrently defensive.

Pakistan need to work out India's batting! Indian batting has done extremely well in the first two games!

Yesssssssssss! India win!, well played India, Pathan bowled very well, also Sreesanth bowled well in his last 4 overs. The Indian batsmen batted well in reply, this will boost our confidence and yes, the Indian batting line up is preety much on form.

I would like to say that the Indian win was comprehensive...yet I would also not get carried away with predicting who will win the next match, as the result of this one shows that both teams are very good.

Woooohoooooooo great win for India, dhoni and pathan didnt even have to bat :D

Good win for India.The Indian team perform really well in this match.Inzamam won the toss and bat 1st i think dat was the big mistake by Pakistani Captain.Indian are really good in chasing the targets.and so are Pakistanis now but batting 1st on dat pitch wasnt a good idea.

pakistan always play good when they are backed against a wall and udner pressure!!
they will come hard at india in next match and india wont know what hit them!

gambino said:
pakistan always play good when they are backed against a wall and udner pressure!!
they will come hard at india in next match and india wont know what hit them!

may be, we'll see.
Pakistan had their moments, when Malik and Younis khan were playing quite well. "BOOM BOOM" Afridi didn't make any impact in this game..but India would not write him off. He is like a volcano..not very often but when he strikes, its big.

India didn't have to use their super-sub, i thought the bowlers bowled admirably well initially. Khan was superb in his first spell, so was Agarkar and Pathan. Sreesanth came back wonderfully, conceding 11 of his last four overs.

The next match is now evenly poised.

gambino said:
pak could have used a batsmen as a supersub today!!
if they had faisal iqbal they had everychance of getting to 300
...and with India still not having used their explosive hitters yet, 300 could well have been chased.

gambino said:
pak could have used a batsmen as a supersub today!!
if they had faisal iqbal they had everychance of getting to 300

India still had, Dhoni, Kaif and Pathan to come, so India would have chased down 300.

Hopefully this match will bring confidence to our players.

prarara said:
...and with India still not having used their explosive hitters yet, 300 could well have been chased.
not really,
the mindset woould have been different and sehwag would have tried to smash the ball from ball 1 if target was more than 300.
he played slowly at 1st cos he knew there were 35 balls in hand!!

and had he tried to smash it past bowler from ball 1 he would have got out anyway!!
and tendulkar would have staretd swallowing up balls!!

gambino said:
not really,
the mindset woould have been different and sehwag would have tried to smash the ball from ball 1 if target was more than 300.
he played slowly at 1st cos he knew there were 35 balls in hand!!

and had he tried to smash it past bowler from ball 1 he would have got out anyway!!
and tendulkar would have staretd swallowing up balls!!

Now how would Sehwag know if thier was 35 balls in hand in todays game?, Tendulkar looked good today, he played some trademark shots, Tendulkar is a class-act he would not be swallowing up balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread