India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
gambino said:
not really,
the mindset woould have been different and sehwag would have tried to smash the ball from ball 1 if target was more than 300.
he played slowly at 1st cos he knew there were 35 balls in hand!!

and had he tried to smash it past bowler from ball 1 he would have got out anyway!!
and tendulkar would have staretd swallowing up balls!!

Well, keep predicting on what would have happened...

it lends some interest to this thread!

prarara said:
I would like to say that the Indian win was comprehensive...yet I would also not get carried away with predicting who will win the next match, as the result of this one shows that both teams are very good.

The next match is so close enough (i.e. day after tomorrow!). A treat for cricket fans to watch two games in 3 days!

Can Harbhajan Singh play at Lahore? How good is Shoaib Akthar's fitness for the Lahore tie? Its a very crucial match for both teams! The team winning it will then need only one match to win to pocket the series!

Indiangod said:
Now how would Sehwag know if thier was 35 balls in hand in todays game?, Tendulkar looked good today, he played some trademark shots, Tendulkar is a class-act he would not be swallowing up balls.

Since the Pakistani total was 265 and the total balls to be faced by a team is 300 in an innings, so he says Sehwag knows he need not score at run a ball and he had 35 balls remaining (300-265)

Indiangod said:
India still had, Dhoni, Kaif and Pathan to come, so India would have chased down 300.

Hopefully this match will bring confidence to our players.

At least let us be realistic!

Good that Dhoni and Pathan werent needed! They have been scoring the bulk of the runs these days in one day internationals! Our top order has looked a bit shaky! Now with this game, the confidence goes up!

Still I would say Ganguly can be a vital part of this line up and can prove really useful with his batting, a bit of his bowling (it was swinging a bit today) and with his presence on the field!

gambino said:
not really,
the mindset woould have been different and sehwag would have tried to smash the ball from ball 1 if target was more than 300.
he played slowly at 1st cos he knew there were 35 balls in hand!!

and had he tried to smash it past bowler from ball 1 he would have got out anyway!!
and tendulkar would have staretd swallowing up balls!!

may be you can try being an astrologer. It will suit you very well! :hpraise

saisrini80 said:
Well, keep predicting on what would have happened...

it lends some interest to this thread!

The next match is so close enough (i.e. day after tomorrow!). A treat for cricket fans to watch two games in 3 days!

Can Harbhajan Singh play at Lahore? How good is Shoaib Akthar's fitness for the Lahore tie? Its a very crucial match for both teams! The team winning it will then need only one match to win to pocket the series!

Since the Pakistani total was 265 and the total balls to be faced by a team is 300 in an innings, so he says Sehwag knows he need not score at run a ball and he had 35 balls remaining (300-265)

At least let us be realistic!

Good that Dhoni and Pathan werent needed! They have been scoring the bulk of the runs these days in one day internationals! Our top order has looked a bit shaky! Now with this game, the confidence goes up!

Still I would say Ganguly can be a vital part of this line up and can prove really useful with his batting, a bit of his bowling (it was swinging a bit today) and with his presence on the field!

Thanks for correcting me, I'v had a wierd day so far, I miss Gangs a lot, Gangs had done so much for India, he brought in fresh new players, he kept faith in them, he kept fiath in Bhajji and look at the outcome of the 2001 India vs Australiat test series!, he kept faith in all our youngsters, he kept faith in Dravid and look at him now, I think Ganguly was the best Indian captain ever!, such a shame that he did not lift the world cup in 03. At the end of the test series, Ganguly was not on form but he was showing glimses what he could do still, he was begginging to come back into form.

I still wish Ganguly comes back, we need him for world cup 03.

good fifty by yuvi and sehwag but i liked malik fifty too. congrats to india

You mean world cup '07. I don't think Ganguly fits into this ODI team. Ganguly would have been sluggish in the field and I think that he would have got tonked around the park by Malik and Younis. With the bat, India are already strong and have a good blend of hard hitters and anchors.

I think India are good with this bowling line up, maybe they can add Harbhajan Singh, now that Pathan is an all rounder. Harbhajan can slog a few at the end as well, so can Agarkar. Therefore I think India are playing far too many batsmen. They can have Suresh Raina as the supersub. If India bat first, he can replace Sehwag when they field as he is a great fielder. If they bat second, then he can replace Sreesanth and come in as a batsman.

Adarsh said:
You mean world cup '07. I don't think Ganguly fits into this ODI team. Ganguly would have been sluggish in the field and I think that he would have got tonked around the park by Malik and Younis. With the bat, India are already strong and have a good blend of hard hitters and anchors.

I think India are good with this bowling line up, maybe they can add Harbhajan Singh, now that Pathan is an all rounder. Harbhajan can slog a few at the end as well, so can Agarkar. Therefore I think India are playing far too many batsmen. They can have Suresh Raina as the supersub. If India bat first, he can replace Sehwag when they field as he is a great fielder. If they bat second, then he can replace Sreesanth and come in as a batsman.

India could do with Gangulys's expierence, I agree India needs some decent bowlers which they already have, but we need some good bowlers who can bowl at the death very well and have a good economical rate.

I want Kumble back aswell, we could use his expierence and he might be very useful in those conditions.

I'v already seen the video, first I did not know what happened, then when I actually seen what Inzy did it was a bit funny, he was out anyway, Inzy tried to block the ball from hitting the stumps.

gambino said:
the ball was not going anywhere near the stumps!!

Going near the stumps or not, your captain has NO BUSINESS blocking the ball!

@ Zorax: Hey dude, I just noticed that Raina's throw was just a lob back to Dhoni! so I stand corrected! Sorry for my previous mistake!

After hitting the ball to mid off, Inzy came down the wicket for a possible single and stopped on the track and when Raina lobbed the ball back, he backed up! But it was thrown at a leisurely speed that Inzy could have got it on his arm! It was as easy as that! But Inzy chose to brush with controversy as he used his bat to block it which is clearly out by the rule! And no spirit and sportsmanship comes here! It was out and he goes back!

Indiangod said:
I'v already seen the video, first I did not know what happened, then when I actually seen what Inzy did it was a bit funny, he was out anyway, Inzy tried to block the ball from hitting the stumps.

He didnt try to block the ball from the stumps! He was trying to avoid the ball from his body! But he knew what speed the ball was coming at him. He could have taken it easily on his body and would have avoided controversy and escaped injury! There couldnt have been a injury at all. The ball was thrown slowly by Raina!

Adarsh said:

Ganguly isnt sluggish on the field anymore! He used to be, I agree! But if the tests against Pakistan were any indication, he showed a lot of positive intent on the field and was pretty lively on the field! He is by no means a great fielder but it was visible that he was putting in as much effort as possible! He is definitely better than Zaheer Khan and Sehwag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread