India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, Sehwag has been ruled out, and Harbhajan is unlikely to play too! Sehwag will be missed, although Gambhir in my opinion is a good enough replacement.

Is it just me or has Pathan been bowling extreamly slow? Sachin was bowling a couple of k's faster than him with a slower run up!

Actually, Pathan was bowling quicker than he used to. Actually touching 80 MPH now and then.

gosh asif is brilliant. Better than shoaib, in my opinion. I didn't watch the tests, but yesterday i saw asif bowling to laxman in the tests and the 2 deliveries he bowled to him were mind numbing!

Dhoni said:
How is the pitch in Lahore? What should the team winning the toss choose to do? Bat or field? Well...whatever the pitch is I want India to field even though Pakistan make 300+ I still believe India can chase it and win.

I think chasing might be easier, but a total of 350 would be tough to chase no matter how good the wicket is for batting! The Lahore wicket is said to be similar to the one where Sehwag scored that marathon 254* and was involved in a 410 stand with Dravid! So its going to be a dead batting beauty!

Dhoni said:
Bad news for the Indian... Sehwag ruled out of Lahore clash! Gautam Gambhir surly will play in the 3rd ODI and open the inning with Sachin. Pakistani team and fans must be happy now to see danger Sehwag not playing. But no problem! Gautam Gambhir can be dangerous as well. Now he got a great opportunity and he should not waste it.

No! I hope India include an extra fifth bowler in place of Sehwag! The wicket is not going to pose any problems for our batsmen. And since we have Dhoni and Pathan, we do not need an extra batsman! We need to bring in Ramesh Powar into the XI and have Gautam Gambhir as the Super Sub! So even if we lose the toss, we have Powar as the fifth bowler and can prove to be useful!

Suresh Raina should be retained in the XI! He is extremely useful on the field!

Cricketman93 said:
Is it just me or has Pathan been bowling extreamly slow? Sachin was bowling a couple of k's faster than him with a slower run up!

Oh come on! Sachin did not bowl faster than Pathan anytime!

Pathan actually as Zorax says, bowled quicker than he normally used to these days! Pathan is putting effort in increasing his pace and it shows!

Cricketman93 said:
gosh asif is brilliant. Better than shoaib, in my opinion. I didn't watch the tests, but yesterday i saw asif bowling to laxman in the tests and the 2 deliveries he bowled to him were mind numbing!

Asif in my opinion is terrific and the best of the Pakistani bowlers right now! India need to ward him off and can feed off the rest of the bowlers who have been pedestrain!

Just to let you know, Gambhir has been bowling his legbreaks quite frequently in the nets and has impressed Chappel...

I think if they play Asif cautiously in the first few overs of his spell, they can then reap the benefits later. Sehwag showed that--after surviving Asif's initial spell, he was tonking him around the park, too.

sohummisra said:
I think if they play Asif cautiously in the first few overs of his spell, they can then reap the benefits later. Sehwag showed that--after surviving Asif's initial spell, he was tonking him around the park, too.
But I fear one more think that if Ghambhir opens the inning that he might get out early cause he's not use to Asif bowling.

Saisrini80 said:
Oh come on! Sachin did not bowl faster than Pathan anytime!

Pathan actually as Zorax says, bowled quicker than he normally used to these days! Pathan is putting effort in increasing his pace and it shows!

Dude, I saw in Irfan's eighth over, he bowled 3 deliveries at around 106 kph. Sachin bowled the next over at 106, 108 and i think 103.

cheaterr said:
But I fear one more think that if Ghambhir opens the inning that he might get out early cause he's not use to Asif bowling.

And he doesn't have very good temperment. :noway Maybe we should try kaif.

Cricketman93 said:
Dude, I saw in Irfan's eighth over, he bowled 3 deliveries at around 106 kph. Sachin bowled the next over at 106, 108 and i think 103.

Kaif at opening? We need a blistering start, which Kaif most probably cant give us! I would open the innings with Dhoni or Pathan along with Tendulkar!

Ramesh Powar can play as the fifth bowler in the XI and Gambhir can be the Super Sub!

Cricketman93 said:

May be, those were intended slower deliveries.. His speed touched above 125kph!

An excerpt from Cricinfo..
His accomplice in the stunning turnaround was Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, who bowled him off a no-ball when Tendulkar was on 20 at Peshawar. An errant foot may just have given the one of the most illustrious careers a new lease of life.

How true is that going to be? So far it has!

If India is off to a flyer, assuming that Dhoni/Pathan open with Sachin, get Kaif 1/2 down. If the team is off to a bad start, Yuvraj or may be Kaif can come next.

Guys trust me, if Ghambhir plays then he will open the inning with Sachin for sure.

Last edited:
cricket_lover said:
If the team is off to a bad start, Yuvraj or may be Kaif can come next.
You forgot one Mr. Rahul Dravid. He is designed to live in this world for that very purpose- to save India from the clutches of death. He thrives on pressure situations. Why risk two younger players when you've got him?

P.S: I was only metaphorically speaking. Dravid is not the next messiah or anything.

Adarsh said:
You forgot one Mr. Rahul Dravid. He is designed to live in this world for that very purpose- to save India from the clutches of death. He thrives on pressure situations. Why risk two younger players when you've got him?

P.S: I was only metaphorically speaking. Dravid is not the next messiah or anything.

I agree! If we lose a wicket early, Dravid is the best man to come in and save us from further damage!

cricket_lover said:
An excerpt from Cricinfo..

How true is that going to be? So far it has!

If India is off to a flyer, assuming that Dhoni/Pathan open with Sachin, get Kaif 1/2 down. If the team is off to a bad start, Yuvraj or may be Kaif can come next.

Who all feel Sachin might score another big one tomorrow? I do! I predict that he is going to have a very good series with the bat here!

asifplaya said:
Three injured in crowd stampede

Oh! Thats sad! I hope the people get to watch the game live at the stadium! I think the Pakistani officials should have expected this before and should have made the necessary arrangements of processing the paper work quickly!

TODAY'S GAME IS GONNA BE REALLY EXCITING!

For the first time, a day/nighter is gonna start at 11am IST to nullify the dew advantage for the team batting second!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread