India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Pakistan Proud
India has allrounders now.
Sachin-Master batsman & a trickster bowler(see his bowling stats in the 4th ODI if u feel he can't bowl).
Sehwag-Blaster,off-spin bowler who can provide breakthroughs(not playing)
Irfan Pathan(One of the best swing bowlers in contemporary Cricket.Can bat at any order & smash the bowling)
Yuvraj-Currently in great nick.His left arm slow bowling can be effictive.One of the best contemporary fielders.
Dhoni-Can keep wickets well & can take a match away form the oposition.
Raina-Emerging as a class batsman,very good fielder & also has untaped bowling potential.

I agree with bharat. Anyway, can't wait for the 5th and final match. Hope India will win that one too. Dhoni should open with Gambhir.

Count Dooku said:
@ MohdIrshaad
Nope, it's not about mudslinging, it's about healthy debate. Is that not what forums are supposed to be about? As for my comments about Musharraf, what do you expect me to say about an individual who is nothing more than a tin pot dictator? And as for Inzi and Younis' reaction, I imagined nothing. It was on the TV screen for everyone to see. I happened to record the match so I could rewind and verify what I saw.

LOL!! Your post are jokes, which tell alot about you.Such post will result in anyone of following 2 reactions,

1,Ppl will bash Pak in retaliation of ur asinine work, something which you would love to see and was your original purpose.

2 Others will bash you, something which wouldn't effect a person like you.

Carry on and pile the junk.

bharat said:
hey Pakistan Proud
India has allrounders now.
Sachin-Master batsman & a trickster bowler(see his bowling stats in the 4th ODI if u feel he can't bowl).
Sehwag-Blaster,off-spin bowler who can provide breakthroughs(not playing)
Irfan Pathan(One of the best swing bowlers in contemporary Cricket.Can bat at any order & smash the bowling)
Yuvraj-Currently in great nick.His left arm slow bowling can be effictive.One of the best contemporary fielders.
Dhoni-Can keep wickets well & can take a match away form the oposition.
Raina-Emerging as a class batsman,very good fielder & also has untaped bowling potential.

The word "allrounder" is seriously being abused here.But then its an India-Pak debate where ppl are desperately trying to prove that their respective side is in everywhy better than the opponent side and as such can't see the reality.

In world cricket there are just a handful of allrounders, and they happen to be,
1 Flintoff 2 Kallis 3 Pollock 4 Afridi

Pathan is fast becomming an allrounder, but i wouldn't even talk about the
mentioned others.I was even reluctant to add Afridi to the list, but did that after he has shown improvement in his bowling.

This is my line-up for the 5th and final ODI.

Gautam
Dhoni
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvi
Raina
Powar
Ajit
Zaheer
R.P.
Sreesanth
Supersub-Murli

Bowling Order:

Sreesanth
RP Singh
Ajit
Khan
Murli
Powar
Yuvi or Raina

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
A hat-trick in the first over is of little use if you end up losing the match by 300+ runs. Lets face it, maybe the margin was a bit harsh but Pakistan were the better team in the test series. And I believe test matches are the true test which indicate the strengths and weaknesses of a team.

India have fought back in the one day series, and now with youngsters like Dhoni and RP Singh delivering the goods, they do look like a class one-day outfit. If they can groom one of their players into a good allrounder, then they can really be considered as a major force in the one day form of the game.

However the clear story will be revealed once both these sides play and win tournaments abroad. (West Indies and Zimbabwe excluding that is).

I don't really think that one can write of India as the weaker of the two teams just because they happened to lose one test match. A test series can more properly gauge the true strengths of a team, and if this test series boils down to simply a one match game, results will be skewed.

If there was a more properly conducted test series, then only can someone make a judgement on the better team.

Here's an interesting piece of conspiracy pie...India purposely lost the 2005 series, just as Pak lost this ODI series to improve relations between one another and to show a common 'back-scratching' attitude; this turn of events would eventually lead to an end of Indo-Pak tensions and push the nations to become the World's next superpower...IndiaPakistan! (Evil laughter in the background...)

Last edited:
bharat said:
In the ICC ODI rankings.Pak is No:3 & India is No:4(difference 1)
In the ICC Test rankings Pak is No:7 & India is No:3(difference 4)
so 4-1=3.India is ahead of Pakistan. :)

I hope u accept the facts & reality & not call me an idiot.

Pakistan is ranked fourth in the Test rankings. So by your statement you're an idiot.

prarara said:
I don't really think that one can write of India as the weaker of the two teams just because they happened to lose one test match. A test series can more properly gauge the true strengths of a team, and if this test series boils down to simply a one match game, results will be skewed.

If there was a more properly conducted test series, then only can someone make a judgement on the better team.

Here's an interesting piece of conspiracy pie...India purposely lost the 2005 series, just as Pak lost this ODI series to improve relations between one another and to show a common 'back-scratching' attitude so that one day India and Pakistan would end all tensions and become the World's next superpower...IndiaPakistan! (Evil laughter in the background...)
i have no idea what to make of that!!
but ur last suggestion,
i doubt it after afridi gets going in the next match he features in between india and pakistan!!

even after getting thumped in this odi series we are still waaaaaaay ahead on all time match results!!
pak has won 60odd and india has won 30odd

gambino said:
but ur last suggestion,
i doubt it after afridi gets going in the next match he features in between india and pakistan!!

...Only to be equalled and then pulverized into the ground by Dhoni.... :)

even after getting thumped in this odi series we are still waaaaaaay ahead on all time match results!!

Right, but I believe that India's new ideas in experimentation will slowly chip away at the difference. Only time will tell however. Yet clinging on to this as a source of solace is a bit...saddening-to say the least.

durrani1 said:
pak will win inshallah

shall i take this as a hopeful ask or a dash of arrogance? :cool:

MohdIrshaad said:
LOL!! Your post are jokes, which tell alot about you.Such post will result in anyone of following 2 reactions,

1,Ppl will bash Pak in retaliation of ur asinine work, something which you would love to see and was your original purpose.

2 Others will bash you, something which wouldn't effect a person like you.

Carry on and pile the junk.

The word "allrounder" is seriously being abused here.But then its an India-Pak debate where ppl are desperately trying to prove that their respective side is in everywhy better than the opponent side and as such can't see the reality.

In world cricket there are just a handful of allrounders, and they happen to be,
1 Flintoff 2 Kallis 3 Pollock 4 Afridi

Pathan is fast becomming an allrounder, but i wouldn't even talk about the
mentioned others.I was even reluctant to add Afridi to the list, but did that after he has shown improvement in his bowling.

we have some all rounders whose potential have been untapped resulting in them not called "genuine all rounders". the guys you mentioned are under the category of "genuine all rounders".

for one, i believe sachin tendulkar is an excellent all rounder. he has the potential to bowl anywhere on any pitch and can prove to be a very useful option for india. he can bowl spin if the conditions are dry, dusty and hot and he can bowl medium pace with swing if the conditions are warm or overcast or the pitch is hard....

Dhoni said:
This is my line-up for the 5th and final ODI.

Gautam
Dhoni
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvi
Raina
Powar
Ajit
Zaheer
R.P.
Sreesanth
Supersub-Murli

Bowling Order:

Sreesanth
RP Singh
Ajit
Khan
Murli
Powar
Yuvi or Raina

Your team is perfect! Its the same team that I also have in my mind! Not a single change! ;)

gambino said:
but ur last suggestion,

afridi get going???? how long are you guys going to remain on things that have very less of probability of happening? afridi might smash india in very few matches, but still we have always had the wood over him. yes, he brings off those occasional blinders like that 44 ball century but he has never been consistent against us in the ODI's. He displayed good consistency in the tests but I would like to see him show the same against us on pitches which arent as flat as the ones he got in Lahore and Faisalabad!

pakistan have definitely had the better of india in those days in ODI's. but the teams are entirely different now.... i am sure that difference will slowly get smaller as india and pakistan play often in odi's.

saisrini80 said:
shall i take this as a hopeful ask or a dash of arrogance? :cool:

we have some all rounders whose potential have been untapped resulting in them not called "genuine all rounders". the guys you mentioned are under the category of "genuine all rounders".

for one, i believe sachin tendulkar is an excellent all rounder. he has the potential to bowl anywhere on any pitch and can prove to be a very useful option for india. he can bowl spin if the conditions are dry, dusty and hot and he can bowl medium pace with swing if the conditions are warm or overcast or the pitch is hard....

Whatever the reasons, but those players are not genuine allrounder and will never be.A genuine allrounder is a one who is a match winner with both bat and ball that too on consistent basis.If we start labelling players who can bat or bowl a bit as an allroundand , then players like Warne,Lee and even Akhtar will end up being labelled as allrounders.

I wouldn't even call Razzak as a genuine AR.He is a match winner with the bat but with the visible decline in his bowling he's hardly a bowler he once was.Though Razzak bowled a great spell in Karachi match and helped his team win the match, but then again this is something he has not been doing on a consistent basis.

The match is about to start in one and half hour and just can't wait to see who's going to open with Gambhir.. India should eye for 4-1 win even though they have won the series. They should work hard and try to win this one too. Can't wait for the match to start. Come on India!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread