India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are saying that Nehra sucks. :eek: Since when did that start? From my opinion he is a good wickettaker. Balaji took a lot of wickets in the past series against Pakistan and this time he isn't considered also.

On the 3th January Ganguly needs to play with his team. I wonder how he will perform there.

holmie said:
you can buy india and pakistan cricket from mxmasti. they show it for arround $30.

For God Sake no. Don't ever trust that those kind of illegal website. Already I've been looted to a similar website.

I'm also very suprised that Balaji wasn't picked, he did well in both the 2004 series in Pakistan and the 2005 series in India. He has a knack of doing well on comback, he ripped into Pakistan on the first day of the Mohali test and took five for, it seems like India only play him when they play Pakistan and now he's not even considered, very strange.

Just in

Pakistan captain Inzamam says India are favourites
Yahoo Sports News
Sun 01 Jan, 11:22 AM

LAHORE, Pakistan (AFP) - Pakistan skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq tipped India as favourites in the forthcoming Test series, saying a home advantage and Pakistan's recent series win over England would count for little.

"We will need to work extra hard. For me, India will be favourites in the series," Inzamam told reporters ahead of the three Tests and five one-dayers -- the third series between the arch rivals in two years.

India arrive on January 5 and start the tour with a three-day side match against Pakistan 'A' on January 7. A final tour itinerary is likely to be released on Monday.

Inzamam said the victory over England would not be of great help.

England came to Pakistan on the back of their September Ashes triumph, their first in 18 years, but lost the three-Test series 2-0 and the one-day series 3-2.

"The win against England is a thing of the past now, and since there is not much difference in pitches and other things in India and Pakistan, there will be no home advantage," said Inzamam.

Inzamam, who was in top form with 431 runs against England in three Tests, said India have an experienced squad.

"India has a strong batting line up and with Sourav Ganguly's return it has further strengthened. Although Rahul Dravid does not have experience as a captain he is a wise batsman and will mature as captain."

The Pakistan captain, however, said histeam have an edge in fast bowling.

"Our fast bowlers did well against England and in that department we have an edge over India. I think my quicks have the ability to help us beat India," said Inzamam.

Express paceman Shoaib Akhtar took 17 wickets in Tests against England and with his changed attitude and resolve looked a transformed bowler. Pakistan also have Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and fit-again Umer Gul.

Inzamam said Pakistan match India in the spin department.

"We are not weak in the spin department because we have Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi so we can match India who have Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh," he said.

The Pakistan skipper said he wants pitches to assist his pace bowlers.

"I am thankful to Wasim Akram for advising us to prepare hard pitches keeping in view the good form of our bowlers in the series against England," said Inzamam, who will meet groundsmen on Monday to devise a strategy.

He disagreed that Pakistan rely heavily on him in batting and Akhtar in bowling.

"Salman Butt, Mohammad Yousuf and Kamran Akmal have batted well in recent matches, so has Afridi and in bowling we also have Naved, Kaneria and others who have done well."

Thing is, if Inzi says this for public consumption, then he should give better examples of how India have an advantage.

Just saying that for the heck of it and then listing all Paks advantages or no clear advantage for India makes Inzi look very silly - we know that he is not a great public speaker - why look sillier by making incomplete statements ? He does great injustice to himself.

Indiangod said:
Just in

Pakistan captain Inzamam says India are favourites
Yahoo Sports News
Sun 01 Jan, 11:22 AM

LAHORE, Pakistan (AFP) - Pakistan skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq tipped India as favourites in the forthcoming Test series, saying a home advantage and Pakistan's recent series win over England would count for little.

"We will need to work extra hard. For me, India will be favourites in the series," Inzamam told reporters ahead of the three Tests and five one-dayers -- the third series between the arch rivals in two years.

India arrive on January 5 and start the tour with a three-day side match against Pakistan 'A' on January 7. A final tour itinerary is likely to be released on Monday.

Inzamam said the victory over England would not be of great help.

England came to Pakistan on the back of their September Ashes triumph, their first in 18 years, but lost the three-Test series 2-0 and the one-day series 3-2.

"The win against England is a thing of the past now, and since there is not much difference in pitches and other things in India and Pakistan, there will be no home advantage," said Inzamam.

Inzamam, who was in top form with 431 runs against England in three Tests, said India have an experienced squad.

"India has a strong batting line up and with Sourav Ganguly's return it has further strengthened. Although Rahul Dravid does not have experience as a captain he is a wise batsman and will mature as captain."

The Pakistan captain, however, said histeam have an edge in fast bowling.

"Our fast bowlers did well against England and in that department we have an edge over India. I think my quicks have the ability to help us beat India," said Inzamam.

Express paceman Shoaib Akhtar took 17 wickets in Tests against England and with his changed attitude and resolve looked a transformed bowler. Pakistan also have Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and fit-again Umer Gul.

Inzamam said Pakistan match India in the spin department.

"We are not weak in the spin department because we have Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi so we can match India who have Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh," he said.

The Pakistan skipper said he wants pitches to assist his pace bowlers.

"I am thankful to Wasim Akram for advising us to prepare hard pitches keeping in view the good form of our bowlers in the series against England," said Inzamam, who will meet groundsmen on Monday to devise a strategy.

He disagreed that Pakistan rely heavily on him in batting and Akhtar in bowling.

"Salman Butt, Mohammad Yousuf and Kamran Akmal have batted well in recent matches, so has Afridi and in bowling we also have Naved, Kaneria and others who have done well."

Thing is, if Inzi says this for public consumption, then he should give better examples of how India have an advantage.

Just saying that for the heck of it and then listing all Paks advantages or no clear advantage for India makes Inzi look very silly - we know that he is not a great public speaker - why look sillier by making incomplete statements ? He does great injustice to himself.
Inzi is playing mindgame. Its not Inzi,its Woolmer through Inzi.

Him and Woolmer said the same thing when England arrived. Thing is, mind games or not, this must put a dent in the confidence of our relatively young team. Of course, it could be a way to make sure our boys don't get over confident.

nightprowler10 said:
Him and Woolmer said the same thing when England arrived. Thing is, mind games or not, this must put a dent in the confidence of our relatively young team. Of course, it could be a way to make sure our boys don't get over confident.
Ya, you've got it spot on. :clap

Inzy is playing mindgames........Inzy did the same thing when England was touring Pakistan.......and look at the end result......I think Inzy wants to keep the winning formula....and I think he is very confident.

I am excited! This series is building up greatly! Teams playing mind games on each other! Inzy is surely trying to grab the tag of the underdog but he knows that he cant get that tag! Say it or not, Pakistan are surely favorites but India cant also be the underdogs because of their recent form! So this series is one hell of a cracker!

Nehra - A WASTE! He can take wickets, but he is a Agarkar kind. He gives lots of runs! He breaks down frequently with injuries and he also has an attitude problem like what Zaheer had! He is alleged to prefer ODI's over test matches!

Balaji - I am surprised on why he is not playing! He loves Pakistan!

Kumble - Oh! Dont even compare Kumble with anyone! What a superb bowler! I rate him higher than a guy called Murali who I hate! After Shane Warne, the best spinner is Kumble!

On Indians being over confident : What crap? When did we sound over confident? Did we say we will win 3-0? Never ever! If saying that India will win the series is over confidence, yes we are over confident! If saying Kumble is better than Danish Kaneria is over confident, yes we are over confident! WE DEFINITELY ARE!

saisrini80 said:
I am excited! This series is building up greatly! Teams playing mind games on each other! Inzy is surely trying to grab the tag of the underdog but he knows that he cant get that tag! Say it or not, Pakistan are surely favorites but India cant also be the underdogs because of their recent form! So this series is one hell of a cracker!
You are right. Inzi always tries to show Pakistan as underdogswhen they play a quality opponent. I think he has lot of pressure on him as captain especially playing against India. He has it in the back of his mind that India won last time when they toured. If India win again this time at least he has something to fall back onto. He can always say that he had mentioned that Pakistan was a underdog for the series.

saisrini80 said:
Nehra - A WASTE! He can take wickets, but he is a Agarkar kind. He gives lots of runs! He breaks down frequently with injuries and he also has an attitude problem like what Zaheer had! He is alleged to prefer ODI's over test matches!
As I said before Nehra is like an employee who takes sick leave every Friday. His bowling action is injury-prone and I am not surprised that he is injury days outnumber his playing days.
saisrini80 said:
Yeah! Balaji loves Pakistan. More than him liking Pakistan, the Pakistani girls love him. If there is only one guy to be allowed to watch the Women's Asia cup in Pakistan then its gotta be Balaji!! :D

saisrini80 said:
Kumble - Oh! Dont even compare Kumble with anyone! What a superb bowler! I rate him higher than a guy called Murali who I hate! After Shane Warne, the best spinner is Kumble!
Just don't rate a bowler lower than some other bowler just because you hate him!! Although I agree with you that Kumble is next best spinner after Shane Warne.

Last edited:
vibs89 said:
Muhhamad_inzi why don't just shut your mouth up. And what do you mean Kumble don't talk about him. First think before you say. Kumble is a way better than all of the pakistani spinner. Also who told you that Nehra is better than both of them.

Why u comparing with Paki we are talking about Indians bowlers aite stop being racist.

Last edited:
muhammad_inzi said:
Why u comparing with Paki we are talking about Indians bowlers aite stop being racces.

What is racces? Do you mean racist?

saisrini80 said:

On Indians being over confident : What crap? When did we sound over confident? Did we say we will win 3-0? Never ever! If saying that India will win the series is over confidence, yes we are over confident! If saying Kumble is better than Danish Kaneria is over confident, yes we are over confident! WE DEFINITELY ARE!

WELL SAID...GO TEAM INDIA....TEAM INDIA FOREVER:D

sohummisra said:
For cricket to become popular on US TV, all that is required is the Americans playing well at it. It is otherwise suited for American TV for one pure reason--there is so much time to stick in advertising.

One thing I would like to see would be a cricket/baseball face-off. That is, we should have the world's best baseball players and cricket players play each other in 3 games of baseball and cricket each.

:p

Can we all please stick to the topic. muhammad_inzi, you have been warned about your spam posts before, I expect to see only discussion of the series from you from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread