India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUst because Pakistan has Shoaib Akthar and Sami doesnt mean we'll get whipped. More than just express speed, we have the tactical methods of our coach Chappell and Dravid to take us forward! When England started, Pakistan actually almost started underdogs and then won! Here, both start on an even slate but the pressure is on both! Both teams will be heavily criticised for losing and they know it!

So pressure is on both, but more importantly the pressure that Pakistan will have is much greater than what they had against England!

I feel if Zaheer is not picked, VRV Singh should be picked! He is considered the fastest bowler in India and he seems to be touching speeds close to 150 km/h and more! He is right now being asked to be with the Indian team and bowl in the nets to get that required team environment orientation! If he is picked, then we can groom him and also we have a good fast bowler! Mind you, when Umar Gul played against India, he was new too. But he picked 5 wickets immediately in the first innings!

Last edited:
How is the case going with Ganguly? I think the whole country of India will be teared apart about this and some commotion will happen if the selectors don't choose him. We saw what happened after the dropping of Third Test. And this series is a very special one, so you imagine in India if he won't get selected for this.

And what do you guys actually think? There are some suggestions coming that they should make the Pakistan-India Series once in two years, just like the Ashes, because people could lose interest in it. Personally I would be disappointed if they do that. I mean we have one month excitement about this series and then we have to wait 11 months again for it. That's a lot of time between it. I wouldn't lose interest in these matches at all.

And not only that. Playing Pakistan-India matches, brings a lot of money of which both cricketing boards can profit and spend it on better cricketing facilities or spend on development on youth.

Umar Gul was far from express. I guess we could use VRV as a surprise, much as we used Pathan last time round. I would feel much more comfortable using bowlers who've proved themselves in international cricket. Then again, we could always choose someone in the squad, in case. Oh, I'm looking forward to this.

@ Zexy, I think every 2 years works fine because you can't really see the two countries managing to tour every other test nation in that period. As for Ganguly, I think he will get through on the squad, though perhaps not into the final XI. This is simply because of a below-par performance from the Indian batting against SRL, and also the fact that you can get a big squad.

I agree with Sai. Pakistan were the underdogs and I think that 2nd innings collapse by England in the first test, actually made a big difference to the entire series and entire tour.

But after this, Pakistan will be confident of continuing their good form, and imo are capable of beating their arch-rivals.

Indiangod said:
My Pakistani mates think Indias gonna get whipped in the series, just becuase India dont have any fast bowlers who can bowl at express speeds, and the Pakistani bowlers are better then the current India bowlers. But Indias got the batting to top them!.
who said this :rolleyes:
Both teams are evenly balanced side,both are performing well....both teams have got match winners,can't anticipate at the moment that who will win,definetly a 2006 cracker :D

scorpion_rulezz said:
who said this :rolleyes:
Both teams are evenly balanced side,both are performing well....both teams have got match winners,can't anticipate at the moment that who will win,definetly a 2006 cracker :D

Yep......year 2006 will be a real cracker......my Pakistani mates said it.....most of them think Pakistan will beat India 3-0, or if bad-light stop play 2-0, they was thinking with the batting line up they have got and the weaker and slower Indian bowling line up, India cannot run riot through thier top and middle order. Fast bowling isn't evreything, and India vs Pakistan series's are always unpredictable.

Indiangod said:
Yep......year 2006 will be a real cracker......my Pakistani mates said it.....most of them think Pakistan will beat India 3-0, or if bad-light stop play 2-0, they was thinking with the batting line up they have got and the weaker and slower Indian bowling line up, India cannot run riot through thier top and middle order. Fast bowling isn't evreything, and India vs Pakistan series's are always unpredictable.
but you never know,both nations are playing there best cricket & there performances are at sky high,also don't underestimate Pakistan team also(England took them lightly & the result as you can see :p)..they are now much better team than the past..

India will now never underestimate Pakistan! Already Chappell has started off making those statements like "Pakistan are in a very good form"..

Personally, I feel Pakistan is looking more formidable at the moment! There is surely a small element of fear right now among some Indian fans because of the form of their top order. If Shoaib gets going, the whole team will crumble in no time!

In my opinion, the team badly needs Saurav Ganguly! His experience will come in very handy at the moment! He showed great application in the Delhis test and stitched partnerships with Tendulkar and Yuvraj. He is determined to fight it out. I am sure he will survive the barrage of short and fast deliveries from Shoaib! He has to be in the team, and most probably in the final XI also when India take on Pakistan. He has to replace Yuvraj Singh! It would be tough on Yuvraj Singh but facing Sri Lanka and facing Pakistan in full flow is different. Yuvraj had his flaws shown against Sri Lanka itself but got through with it. I dont think Pakistan would be as lenient on him! Ganguly also has his flaws but he will definitely be counted upon to cover it with his determination!

I am waiting for the series! Whatever it is, the fans are the ones who are going to taste the real fun! Let it begin!

Yes let it begin.

By the way, here are channels that are to be broadcasting :

USA/Canada : Dish Network PPV ($149.99 US Dollars)

UK and Wales : Sky Sports and ARY Digital

South Africa : SuperSport

Pakistan : PTV 1, Ten Sports, ARY Digital.

India : DD Sports, Ten Sports

Bangladesh : Ten Sports, DD Sports

Australia : Fox Sports

anything else?

I thought sky sports was not televising the series, u sure them am, zMario?

Last edited:
zMario said:
Not telling....

To order from Dish Network : Call 1-877-347-4778 - For $150 Price, you must order by January 14th.
What do you mean not telling,why not? Are you sure about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread