India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
sohummisra said:
Umar Gul was far from express. I guess we could use VRV as a surprise, much as we used Pathan last time round. I would feel much more comfortable using bowlers who've proved themselves in international cricket. Then again, we could always choose someone in the squad, in case. Oh, I'm looking forward to this.

@ Zexy, I think every 2 years works fine because you can't really see the two countries managing to tour every other test nation in that period. As for Ganguly, I think he will get through on the squad, though perhaps not into the final XI. This is simply because of a below-par performance from the Indian batting against SRL, and also the fact that you can get a big squad.
Won`t be surprised if India decide to play 3 seamers in Pakistan .
If they do include VRV Singh, they must try him out in the XI .
The surprise element might just work for him .

My squad would be as follows :
The first XI will be my playing XI :
Test Squad :

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid (c)
Tendulkar
Laxman
Yuvraj
Dhoni (wk)
Pathan
Kumble
Zaheer Khan
VRV Singh/Balaji

Harbhajan Singh
RP Singh
Ganguly

I would play

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid (c)
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Laxman
Dhoni (w/k)
Pathan
Kumble
Zaheer
Balaji
_________

Ganguly
H singh
VRV Singh

saisrini80 said:
Same here! Very very costly!

Its because of less interest here in cricket! The growth in the interest of cricket here is very slow. Hopefully, soon it becomes quite popular here and we get international matches for a good nominal price on cable!
I watched the Pak-Eng tour for $100 on DISHNetwork. Thats $5 for one day of cricket. Not bad at all. This upcoming series is a bit more high profile, so its $150, which is still not bad.

This series is gonna be a cracker no doubts about that. Pakistan look the better prepared teams as most of our match winnder have struck farm. As always its gonna be the bowlers who get the victory for pakistan. I expect india to come back hard on pakistan. i think pakistan should go for fast quick tracks for this series. Such kind of pitch is well suited to our bowling both spinners and quickies. Pakistan should also include yasir arafat who with his speed on close to 90 MPH is a better pick than razzaq in test matches and for heavens sake dont make the mistake of selecting yasir hameed/imran farhat and imran nazir. Pakistan should bring back taufeeq umer.He is technically the most capable opnere we have got.

sami ullah khan said:
This series is gonna be a cracker no doubts about that. Pakistan look the better prepared teams as most of our match winnder have struck farm. As always its gonna be the bowlers who get the victory for pakistan. I expect india to come back hard on pakistan. i think pakistan should go for fast quick tracks for this series. Such kind of pitch is well suited to our bowling both spinners and quickies. Pakistan should also include yasir arafat who with his speed on close to 90 MPH is a better pick than razzaq in test matches and for heavens sake dont make the mistake of selecting yasir hameed/imran farhat and imran nazir. Pakistan should bring back taufeeq umer.He is technically the most capable opnere we have got.

Yes but it is also suicidal for you lot aswell for making fast quick tracks for the upcoming series. Pathan, Zaheer and Balaji are very good bowlers.

Last edited:
This series depends on Indian top order. If the Indian top order scores tons of runs then Kumble, Bhajji and co. will have the pak batsmen under pressure.
I predict a closely fought series ending in 1-1 draw.

Indiangod said:
Yes but it is also suicidal for you lot aswell for making fast quick tracks for the upcoming series. Pathan, Zaheer and Balaji are very good bowlers.

They may be good bowlers but I think over the years pakistanis have been better players of pace rather than good spinners. India's spin attack is way better than their faster men so I would still like quick bouncy tracks.

This is the team I think the selectors will pick tomorrow.

Dravid (c)
Sehwag (vc)
Jaffer
Gambhir
Tendulkar
Laxman
Yuvraj
Kaif
Dhoni (wk)
Kumble
Harbhajan
Pathan
Agarkar
Zaheer Khan
VRV Singh

If the team will be a 16-member team then

M Kartik

India's got a new ODI kit, looks a bit like the 1992 kit.
57062.jpg

aditya123 said:
Won`t be surprised if India decide to play 3 seamers in Pakistan .
If they do include VRV Singh, they must try him out in the XI .
The surprise element might just work for him .

My squad would be as follows :
The first XI will be my playing XI :
Test Squad :

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid (c)
Tendulkar
Laxman
Yuvraj
Dhoni (wk)
Pathan
Kumble
Zaheer Khan
VRV Singh/Balaji

Harbhajan Singh
RP Singh
Ganguly
Balaji is not fully fit.

furyfoxx said:
Oh well we'll know tomorrow for sure!

I hope he will be selected. I would like to see him play again. Didn't see him play for a long time.

And India struck a deal with Nike worth of 25 millions pounds. And they have also some deal with Sahara.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/india/4554934.stm

Didn't know big companies are also active into cricket.

Somebody can name the other sponsers for the other Test nations? From the article I know for England it's Vodafone. And I think the umpires are sponsored by the Emirates, an UAE airline (I think).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread