India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
furyfoxx said:
@The new ODI kit: This bugged me before too! Shouldn't the team logo on the LEFT?
Are you serious? The Nike logo is on the left.. ALWAYS! You mean to say that the puny national logo is more important than their wonderful corporate logo??? Scandalous.

Edit: (Just saw now that there is a different thread for the new logo. Sorry!)

Last edited:
shahid6995 said:
Are you serious? The Nike logo is on the left.. ALWAYS! You mean to say that the puny national logo is more important than their wonderful corporate logo??? Scandalous.

Edit: (Just saw now that there is a different thread for the new logo. Sorry!)
good to see you back Shahid (sounding as sarcastic as always) ;)!
I hope we have your presence in this thread all through the Indo-Pak series.

You were a major post contributor during the last India-Pakistan series in India .
It would be better if we post all the new India sponsorship and kit issues in the seperate thread I started . Click here

I hope India `JUST DO IT !` in Pakistan !

ZexyZahid said:
Somebody can name the other sponsers for the other Test nations? From the article I know for England it's Vodafone. And I think the umpires are sponsored by the Emirates, an UAE airline (I think).
Yup, Emirates is UAE's airline. Emirates also sponsors soccer...

aditya123 said:
good to see you back Shahid (sounding as sarcastic as always) ;)! I hope we have your presence in this thread all through the Indo-Pak series. You were a major post contributor during the last India-Pakistan series in India.
I have always been here, visiting daily, but havent really felt the compulsion to air my views too much. Had to bite my lips and restrain myself at times about some really inane comments which previously I would have jumped on. Still, interesting to see the cycle being repeated with the newer members now... people blindly advocating for their teams out of patriotism and flaming the other team out of sheer ignorance with no specific discussion on the cricketing merits... :rolleyes: ...
Anyways, should be a cracker of a series. Very close to call, but just might be finely tilted towards Pakistan if we see the same Shoaib in action that we saw against England. That, and the weight of history and averages... India winning two series in a row in Pakistan? When hell freezes over! :mad (Yes, okay, thats patriotism, not objectivity.)

shahid6995 said:
I have always been here, visiting daily, but havent really felt the compulsion to air my views too much. Had to bite my lips and restrain myself at times about some really inane comments which previously I would have jumped on. Still, interesting to see the cycle being repeated with the newer members now... people blindly advocating for their teams out of patriotism and flaming the other team out of sheer ignorance with no specific discussion on the cricketing merits... :rolleyes: ...
Anyways, should be a cracker of a series. Very close to call, but just might be finely tilted towards Pakistan if we see the same Shoaib in action that we saw against England. That, and the weight of history and averages... India winning two series in a row in Pakistan? When hell freezes over! :mad (Yes, okay, thats patriotism, not objectivity.)
I feel it is slightly tilted in Pakistan`s favour though it will be a lot lot tougher for Pakistan than the England series . England bowled a comletely wrong length for the subcontinental pitches and paid for that . Add to that a lack of a quality spinner, a defeat looks likely .

India, however have the spinners to do the job and more importantly swing bowlers and not bowlers who hit the deck hard like Harmisson and Co.
Zaheer or VRV Singh should be included to provide variety to the attack.
Kumble looks to be getting better with age .

Will be tough to all but I feel it will be a 2-1 win for either side and not a draw .

Also, what are the temperatures like in Pakistan this winter .
It is very low even in Mumbai . Y`day it was 10.6 degrees which is unusual for Mumbai .
In North India, the temperature range is between -4 to 4 degrees !
Extreme cold !

The weather will play a huge role in this series .
Light will be a factor and so will the nip in the air during the morning sessions .
The weather always does play a part in Pakistan and North India during winter .

Our old friend Fardin has been missing ever since he made a comment about Sri Lanka thrashing India !
An India-Pakistan thread without fardin is like ...let me think........... A computer without a processor !

Last edited:
Yap you're right. I and fardin use to have a rivalry and offence post in the past alot. But now he became a good improve member. Where is he I don't see him anywhere.

I agree! fardin's presence really increases the excitement in a Indo-Pak series!

The new kit is good in my opinion!

I feel Ganguly should be selected if the team choses to go for a 16 member squad!

An India-Pakistan thread without fardin is like ...let me think........... A computer without a processor !

No. It's like a computer without bugs.

Last edited:
I think a lot of Chappell's effigies will be burned tomorrow if Ganguly isn't picked again.

I also really want Ganguly to be picked.....

so that he can fail miserably in this series and his supporters see that he truly is past his prime and clinging to him is doing India a great disservice at the expense of much better and in-form players. Its pathetic.

Australians cried when Healy was dropped too and Gilchrist was actually booed in his initial ODI and test match appearances. Imagine that.

shahid6995 said:
I also really want Ganguly to be picked.....

so that he can fail miserably in this series and his supporters see that he truly is past his prime and clinging to him is doing India a great disservice at the expense of much better and in-form players. Its pathetic.

Australians cried when Healy was dropped too and Gilchrist was actually booed in his initial ODI and test match appearances. Imagine that.

i hope we keep out controversies from this thread. Ganguly picked or not picked, its still going to be a great series. Leave it to the people there.

Indian batting will be crucial in any match. Top order should click.

cricket_lover said:
i hope we keep out controversies from this thread. Ganguly picked or not picked, its still going to be a great series.
Controversies kept out of an India-Pakistan match-up? You're dreaming. But yes it should be a great series.

shahid6995 said:
Controversies kept out of an India-Pakistan match-up? You're dreaming. But yes it should be a great series.

no dreams here mate! There was no point in bringing ganguly's inclusion/exclusion here. Not necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread