India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
cricket_lover said:
no dreams here mate! There was no point in bringing ganguly's inclusion/exclusion here. Not necessary!
Oooh, touchy subject, isn't it?
Firstly, it was a response to ZexyZahid's comment.
Secondly, how do you expect a discussion thread on any series between any two countries to NOT discuss the players involved and to NOT discuss the team selection for that series? Thats ridiculous. Go over the previous comments in this thread so far... more than half the people have expressed opinions about who should be in the team and who should not. People are giving team lists about what the teams should be for this series. Thats OK with you? As long as we discuss everyone else and NOT Ganguly? Lets not even discuss anything then, just watch the games and shut this forum.
If you were a moderator and were asking me not to discuss Ganguly's need in the Indian team because there is a separate thread for that, then that would have been different, but thats not the case here. So grow up. He has to retire SOMEtime... deal with it.

I believe Ganguly should not be picked for the tour of Pakistan. The reason is because I don't think he's fit enough for the Indian team and even the Indian coach Greg agreed with that because Yuvi is doing a fine job on Ganguly's spot. What's the point of picking him in the squad if he's not even going to be in the 11 players? line up? coz Yuvi can't be out.
And, VRV Singh should be picked! He looks promising to me.

shahid6995 said:
Oooh, touchy subject, isn't it?
Firstly, it was a response to ZexyZahid's comment.
Secondly, how do you expect a discussion thread on any series between any two countries to NOT discuss the players involved and to NOT discuss the team selection for that series? Thats ridiculous. Go over the previous comments in this thread so far... more than half the people have expressed opinions about who should be in the team and who should not. People are giving team lists about what the teams should be for this series. Thats OK with you? As long as we discuss everyone else and NOT Ganguly? Lets not even discuss anything then, just watch the games and shut this forum.
If you were a moderator and were asking me not to discuss Ganguly's need in the Indian team because there is a separate thread for that, then that would have been different, but thats not the case here. So grow up. He has to retire SOMEtime... deal with it.

The Ganguly of the old is different from the current Ganguly! This Ganguly is more defensive, prepared to stay at the crease and fight it out! He is under immense pressure but his game doesnt show that he is finished! Why should a player always be at his prime? I feel he just needs to fulfill the goals that are set to him by the team. And in a test match, he needs to build partnerships (which he did in Delhi), stay for long periods at the crease (which he did in Delhi). He has no other goals set for him. No body would have asked him to go out and play aggressively. He is not needed to do it. We have Sehwag and Dhoni to do it. Other batsman just need to rotate strike and keep the scoreboard moving which Ganguly definitely did in the Delhi test!

We do not have the need to grow up mate! You have to deal with it that he still has international cricket left in him to play!

He might have cricket left in him, but is that good enough for him to be selected. The best eleven must get picked in the end.

Dhoni said:
I believe Ganguly should not be picked for the tour of Pakistan. The reason is because I don't think he's fit enough for the Indian team and even the Indian coach Greg agreed with that because Yuvi is doing a fine job on Ganguly's spot. What's the point of picking him in the squad if he's not even going to be in the 11 players? line up? coz Yuvi can't be out.
And, VRV Singh should be picked! He looks promising to me.

Oh get over this 'Ganguly cant be sitting in the sidelines' thing! We need back up and Ganguly is definitely a good back up! Let the team decide on who to play! Ganguly and Yuvraj both should be in the squad with either to play in the final XI. I dont agree with the theory that Ganguly should not be insulted by making him sit out of the final XI! We should throw off all those sentiments! We need a strong squad and we also need good players from whom we can choose from. Only in the case of injuries can we fly down a replacement! But if Yuvraj or some one is not playing well, we cant fly down replacements!

m_vaughan said:
He might have cricket left in him, but is that good enough for him to be selected. The best eleven must get picked in the end.

I am not saying that he should be in the XI! He should be in the 15 selected to tour Pakistan!

saisrini80 said:
We do not have the need to grow up mate!
That comment was because the other gentleman felt we should not even be discussing Ganguly here.
Ganguly may well have good cricket left in him, no one is doubting that. The operative word in that sentence however is "MAY". On current form, he does not deserve a spot at Yuvraj's expense. How long are you going to keep him in the team on reputation and past achievements alone? Based on your logic Pakistan should never have dropped Wasim & Waqar after the 2003 world cup and they should still be playing. As someone else said in a different thread, why don't you bring Gavaskar back then? On current form I think Sunny will be able to match Ganguly even at his age.

Last edited:
shahid6995 said:
That comment was because the other gentleman felt we should not even be discussing Ganguly here.
Ganguly may well have good cricket left in him, no one is doubting that. The operative word in that sentence however is "MAY". On current form, he does not deserve a spot at Yuvraj's expense. How long are you going to keep him in the team on reputation and past achievements alone? Based on your logic Pakistan should never have dropped Wasim & Waqar after the 2003 world cup and they should still be playing. As someone else said in a different thread, why don't you bring Gavaskar back then? On current form I think Sunny will be able to match Ganguly even at his age.
I agree with you mate! I don't know why people are crazy about Ganguly too much. He doesn't even deserve a spot in the squad. He's garbage to me, sorry once again! Why can?t he be retired? Even I can play better than him. Lol :D He can't play cricket! We can't keep in the side based on his old performances. And, sorry for the discourtesy.

I agree with 'Dhoni', Ganguly was a walking wicket in Pak's tour to India in 2005, plus Yuvraj performed quite admirably in the 2004 series. I think its a joke that some Indian fans put one player's fate before the success of the team as an overall unit.

Dhoni said:
He doesn't even deserve a spot in the squad. He's garbage to me, sorry once again!
Well atleast I know enough not to be disrespectful. He is your best captain ever, made spineless Indian teams get a real backbone for a change, you can atleast thank him for that. Kick him out but don't ridicule him.
Dhoni said:
Even I can play better than him.
No, you can't.

Last edited:
I think Ganguly will miss out Pak series. But, this may be blessing in disguise for him. He can concentrate on his batting in domestic competition. There are few budding youngsters and other players who have played at international level playing in the domestic circuit. He can get his groove back and knock on doors of selection with some thumping knocks.

A lot of people assumed that Ganguly will never be selected after Pawar became the BCCI president. A lot of people again jumped the gun when they saw Ganguly smiling and assured after his meeting with Pawar. They thought that he was an automatic choice for Pak series. I think what transpired in the meeting was something else. Possibly, what happened was that Pawar might have assured Ganguly that he had no hard feelings against him just because he was from the Dalmiya camp.

Its stupidity to bring this issue up in Parliament session though. A lot of ministers started cribbing about the state of sports in India but they tend to forget that they themselves are responsible for the poor state of sports in India incuding cricket.

Can anyone explain to me why India, England and Pakistan aren't playing a 3-way one day series?

wating for hot series

PAKISTAN VS INDIA
afradi vs Sehwag
inzi vs tendulker
m.yousuf vs Dravid
kamran vs Dhoni
razaq vs Pathan
shoaib vs NOWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread