India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
m_vaughan said:
I would play Gambhir in place of Jaffer, and Yuvraj in place of Ganguly but I dont think the second one will happen.
why u preferred Ghambir on Jaffer???

Just a little update, Badani has followed up the 157* and 60+ score in the previous match with a 80* in the first innings against Delhi.

PakiFan said:
why u preferred Ghambir on Jaffer???

May be because he has the 'test' opening experience (better than Jaffer!) and also he hasnt done badly in the warm up game (he is just 8 runs short of Jaffer in that game!).

m_vaughan said:
I would play Gambhir in place of Jaffer, and Yuvraj in place of Ganguly but I dont think the second one will happen.

It seems the coach Greg Chappell has asked the senior players in the squad to decide for themselves whether Ganguly should play in the first test or not!

I feel he should play! He playing will not mean the end of the world for Yuvraj Singh! Yuvraj is our long term plan! But first, we have to give preferrence to our senior who is also in good form!

saisrini80 said:
May be because he has the 'test' opening experience (better than Jaffer!) and also he hasnt done badly in the warm up game (he is just 8 runs short of Jaffer in that game!).
Gambhir played a scrathy innings in second essay. he was dropped twice, first when he was at nought. All the reports from the match have shown that Jaffer was far more convincing than gambhir. Experience is not everything, and BTW what sort of great experience does Gambhir have in Tests?? The correct thing to do is to give chance to players when they are in form. Strike the iron when its hot! As it would not be end for Yuvi if Saurav is selected, same case applies to Gambhir. It will certainly not be Gambhir's end if jaffer plays the first test. Jaffer has proven his form in all the matches leading to this point and the team think tank could at least give him a chance that he so truly deserves.

rahulk666 said:
Gambhir played a scrathy innings in second essay. he was dropped twice, first when he was at nought. All the reports from the match have shown that Jaffer was far more convincing than gambhir. Experience is not everything, and BTW what sort of great experience does Gambhir have in Tests?? The correct thing to do is to give chance to players when they are in form. Strike the iron when its hot! As it would not be end for Yuvi if Saurav is selected, same case applies to Gambhir. It will certainly not be Gambhir's end if jaffer plays the first test. Jaffer has proven his form in all the matches leading to this point and the team think tank could at least give him a chance that he so truly deserves.

I was just pointing out what could be the reason behind people wanting Gambhir to be in the XI

I feel Jaffer should play! I feel Saurav should also play!

I cant wait for this series to start and watch at least you dont know whos going to win it unlike down here in australia they just dominate every game!!

but this will be awsome

Ill go for india love watching their batsman

however dammit its not on Austar here in Australia

adthomp said:
I cant wait for this series to start and watch at least you dont know whos going to win it unlike down here in australia they just dominate every game!!

but this will be awsome

Ill go for india love watching their batsman

however dammit its not on Austar here in Australia
So you love watching there batsman getting out quickly, huh?

:Joking :p

Gavaskar's suggestion may have some meat to it, even though it means dropping one of our senior players. But perhaps in the second test, not in the first. Taking 3 openers into the first test would be a negative move. The way I see it, we should take Jaffer instead of Gambhir because he looks in far better touch.

sohummisra said:
Gavaskar's suggestion may have some meat to it, even though it means dropping one of our senior players. But perhaps in the second test, not in the first. Taking 3 openers into the first test would be a negative move. The way I see it, we should take Jaffer instead of Gambhir because he looks in far better touch.
Yup maybe Jaffer has had a better start in this tour and has had a better domestic season (so i hear) but Gambhir has proven himself to be a good opener, and I think India should stick with him.

Pak_cricketer said:
phh... Faisal Iqbal :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

Please... Faisal doesn't deserve a chance! He hasn'e been preforming domesticly lately! An average of 42 domesticly is a joke to be considered!

Imran Farhat's average is 42.28: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/40582.html

Faisal Iqbal's average is 42.81: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/40088.html

The only difference is that Farhat can bowl too and has taken wickets.

Butt's domestic average is lower then that, 37.39: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/42683.html

Jaffer deserves a chance. I don't know about Gambhir. If Ganguly is selected in the first 12, i think he will be in the final eleven. It depends on the wicket as well.
My prediction: Jaffer and Sehwag will open and Yuvraj will take the place of Ganguly.

I think Ganguly has to be selected for the first test match. There is no point selecting him on the tour and not playing him. If he was not going be given a chance then why bother selecting him. He could have been replaced by a prmosing youngster who could have atleast gotten acclimatized to international cricket and spent some educative time with the seniors even if he would have not made it into final XI.
Also, lets see what Ganguly has to offer now. If Ganguly does not play in Pakistan then the whole objective of selecting him for the tour is gone. If he fails here the doors are going to shut on him anyway. Ganguly himself has expressed his opinion that cricket is not everything for him and if gets dropped then he will okay as he is not solely dependent on cricket.
My prediction is that Ganguly will make it into the side at the expense of Yuvraj and hope that Jaffer gets acknowledged for his current form and makes it to the final eleven.

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
I think Ganguly has to be selected for the first test match. There is no point selecting him on the tour and not playing him. If he was not going be given a chance then why bother selecting him. He could have been replaced by a prmosing youngster who could have atleast gotten acclimatized to international cricket and spent some educative time with the seniors even if he would have not made it into final XI.
Also, lets see what Ganguly has to offer now. If Ganguly does not play in Pakistan then the whole objective of selecting him for the tour is gone. If he fails here the doors are going to shut on him anyway. Ganguly himself has expressed his opinion that cricket is not everything for him and if gets dropped then he will okay as he is not solely dependent on cricket.
My prediction is that Ganguly will make it into the side at the expense of Yuvraj and hope that Jaffer gets acknowledged for his current form and makes it to the final eleven.

But i India dont need Ganguly right now...India is doing gr8 right now without ganguly even i dont want Ganguly to come back in the match nd messed up everythin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread