India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
aditya123 said:
Why the home team with such a great pace bowling attack ask for such a lifeless pitch, I don`t know !

You can't talk about the pitch unless everyone has had a chace to bowl thier whole bowling attack.. You never know, India might just play it out and draw the game. In any stuation I would like Pakistan to be aggressive.

Is it a batting paradise, or did India bowl abysmally?

Akmal and Yousuf are in my team :cool:

Pak_cricketer said:
You never know, India might just play it out and draw the game. In any stuation I would like Pakistan to be aggressive.
I actually think that is the more likely situation. You never know, Pakistan may pick up quick wickets on a batting beauty, though it'll probably be a result of rash strokeplay. I think how long Sehwag lasts will be very important tomorrow.

I want him to hit a 500. Hahhaa, boo.
Of course anything can happen in cricket. The ball, though, is in Pakistan's court and they need to make it happen, now.

I remember the English people where thinking the same when then Pakistan was hitting in the third Test, that since Pakistan scored so much it was a batting pitch. Eventually it turned out to be different.

On the first day, after the first bowling change, I saw myself that Harbhajan Singh was having some great spin when he was bowling against Malik and Younis Khan. So the pitch is not really dead.

India has a very strong batting order till the fourth position. The rest of the players are good also, but not as good as them. If Pakistan can get rid of those four players within 200-250 runs they have a big chance of winning the match, because then India will be even under a bigger pressure, since they could follow on. But that is yet to be seen.

Your spot on Zexy.............the key batsmen for India now is the expierenced Dravid, Laxman and Tendulkar, I dont think they should go too defensive they should just look to play thier natrual game.

I actually still have the big impressions of this day in my head. And over 8 hours already the match continues! And too bad the bad light causes early closings of the play, which lessens the chance of a result. And there is rain predicted. That's not helping the cause either. There were calls for six Test matches to minimize this, but I don't see this happening.

I think Pakistan must take wickets in the first session or it will be very difficult to get into any kind of winning poistion, it can be done, as India did a similar job in Multan 2004 and managed to win the game. Off topic: Afridi is using a woodworm flame with Malik Sher stickers, just thought some fact fan would like to know.

Sureshot said:
Is it a batting paradise, or did India bowl abysmally?

Akmal and Yousuf are in my team :cool:

So far the pitch has been abysmal!

Harbhajan got some turn from the rough outside the right hander's off stump! If Shoaib Malik can hit that patch consistently, then we might have an interesting contest! Also Shoaib Akthar is a threat on any wicket!

Come on India! We have the whole batting line up of Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Irfan Pathan! We have to score over 500 runs and then make this match a draw!

Pakistan have a good opportunity to win if they bowl them out quickly. They really want to enforce the follow on if they can.

Im stating the obvious here. But if they can't enforce the follow on it could end up a draw.

Last edited:
India came as defensive as they could in the first test....with four bowlers they deserved what they got....its a shame that you step in ur first test with so defensive approach.i know the 5th bowler would have not made much difference but still it would be not much pressure on India's main bowlers

India have a very strong batting line up...its the flattest pitch anyone would have seen....and you have to bowl India out twice in 2 days....the task is difficult but not impossible....rite now the two batsmen are batting are the best performers against Pakistan....if Pakistan get them out cheaply i can tell u this the match is on

if India wants to save this match than atleast Dravid or Sehwag will have to play a long innings....

But keep in mind Pakistanis were more defensive in attitude when they made a pitch like this,avery flat wicket. Though i would admire the way Pakistan batted, They had no idea actually what kinda wicket will suit them....So preparing a flat wicket like this was a defensive move. They knew that if we make a pace supporting wicket, their batsmen can also suffer...so in the end playing such a wicket was just a gamble.It may pay off if pitch becomes rough later say on 3rd or fourth day.so not impressed by this move....though it was a huge entertainment for the spectators! but the wicket is bowlers nightmare to bowl on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread