India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
usy said:
I have to be true there, not even single India bowler came on top. I know they got wickets but still. Now every thing depends on Pakistan bowling and India Batting. Let?s see who comes in top. BTW Pakistan nearly had some world records today :D

Yeah, Pakistan didn't (want to) get their highest ever total. And Afridi missed out on the most Test runs in an over when he scored 27 runs in an over. Lara scored 28 runs in an over.

I think India did not that bad on a belter of a pitch although nobody will agree with me. Because India never had the bowlers to stop batsmen like Afridi or Gilchrist so no point bashing them. Its always been those batters making mistakes against us not by brilliant bowling!!!:rolleyes: And as far as the result goes its for India to throw away, the draw is on cards easily. Even my granny can bat on this pitch and smash 4 6's in an over perhaps.:p:cool:

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:
No, he was out lbw.

The unluckiest run out ever has to be Hanif Mohammed, run out on 499 in Pakistani domestic cricket.

OH yes! Why was Dean Jones saying that he was run out on 199 against Sri Lanka?

Wow... India must not have seen such a brutal battering anytime in their career! The last time we saw such battering was by Sri Lanka where Jayasuriya hit 340 and they scored 900+ runs!

Good start by Sehwag and Dravid! 5 runs per over already! I want Sehwag to score a double and Ganguly to score a hundred! This is the time for him to strengthen his case for playing for India!

Well well. Younis Khan almost got a double ton, a biggie for Yousef, Inzy out for 1 (:eek:), Afridi and Akmal slaughter the bowling at the end.A fantastic catch by Ganguly, and 27 off an over by Afridi. Agarkar returning the best bowling figures for India in the match (:D). Suprisingly, Dravid opens the innings. This means if Ganguly fails they can drop him immediately, instead of everyone complaining that he opened the innings and he isn't use to it so he wouldn't do well and all...

All in all, not a bad day. Will be a draw match for sure.

Well I remember the commentator said

commentator said:
?Gangly just made the mess of it and in the end took a brilliant catch?
but a great catch anyway...

andrew_nixon said:
If he was, it wasn't in a test match.

I dont think so! This was being talked about in relation to test cricket! Arun Lal was heard in the background saying "against Sri lanka in Kanpur" and I checked it out and saw that Azharuddin's 199 in a test match was at Kanpur against Sri lanka. So the referrence was to his test innings!

I heard that Ganguly has taken a great catch! I would love to see the catch! I hope he scores a century and silences his detractors!

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
I dont think so! This was being talked about in relation to test cricket! Arun Lal was heard in the background saying "against Sri lanka in Kanpur" and I checked it out and saw that Azharuddin's 199 in a test match was at Kanpur against Sri lanka. So the referrence was to his test innings!
I know Azharuddin's 199 was against Sri Lanka.

But you said that Dean Jones had scored 199 against Sri Lanka:

Why was Dean Jones saying that he was run out on 199 against Sri Lanka?

cricket doctor said:
It was absolutely run feast today.
What if Sehwag bats whole day tomorrow?? :D

If sehwag bats all day tomorrow, then he would be on 250 or someting at the pace he goes, which means that India will not declare if they feel sehwag has the potential to get Lara's record 400* and the match will finish in a draw.

Well, well. I just have an inkling of a feeling that India may lose a few early wickets tomorrow, as they adjust to Shoaib's pace, but apart from that, I just wonder why the PCB through up such a flat pitch for such an important series-opener. Sure, the fans want to see runs being scored, but a result is also important, in the end.

As of now, judging by Sehwag's 35 off 35 and Dravid's solid looking 20-odd, I think if India can bat through lunch tomorrow, they'll probably be close to 200. We are full of strokemakers, and if we can negotiate Shoaib, I think we pretty much will have the measure of any bowler.

kush said:
If sehwag bats all day tomorrow, then he would be on 250 or someting at the pace he goes, which means that India will not declare if they feel sehwag has the potential to get Lara's record 400* and the match will finish in a draw.
Well, India's only plan of attack now is to go for the draw. With Pakistan posting such a high score, this means that we will not be sitting around fending, because if we lose wickets, we will be in a deep whole.

And if Sehwag goes at the rate he is currently going he'll be way past 250 tomorrow (if he bats the day). Let's not forget Multan where he scored more than 200 runs in a day, and that's when the pitch wasn't [as much of] a batting beauty. But I think we should not become too optimistic here, because Shoaib can really swing this match Pakistan's way.

Wow what a performance by Pak. The so called 2nd ranked team got hammered. Yousuf, Akmal and Afridi all scoring at very fast rates.
This current Pak side is looking really good, they could well be the number 2 side in a few years time.

Afridi is hands down the most exciting batsmen in world cricket at the moment. You can keep Pieterson, Symonds, Kemp and Sehwag - this guy is the best and most stylish slogger in the business. Ponting looks just as good when he gest going, but he doesn't risk going for it ball after ball, innings after innings like Afridi. Genius. He plays the role that GIlchrist made famous almost better than Gilchrist himself - why declare now when you can add another 120 in the next 10 overs? Captains dream.

valvolux said:
most stylish slogger in the business.

stylish slogger :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, he is not a slogger.
"stylish hitter" would be more appropriate, I reckon.

And then to think Razzaq isn't even this line-up. He could have been a good assistant for Akmal to get his century even faster. Even he had been promoted above Akmal it could have been a nicer treat to watch. And I still think Razzaq should have been in the place of Sami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread