India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZexyZahid said:
And then to think Razzaq isn't even this line-up. He could have been a good assistant for Akmal to get his century even faster. Even he had been promoted above Akmal it could have been a nicer treat to watch. And I still think Razzaq should have been in the place of Sami.
They would'v had easily crossed 700 then. :D

andrew_nixon said:
I know Azharuddin's 199 was against Sri Lanka.

But you said that Dean Jones had scored 199 against Sri Lanka:

Sorry if I made it look like Dean Jones scored 199? I meant to say "Why Dean Jones was saying that he (Azhar) was run out for 199?"

valvolux said:
Afridi is hands down the most exciting batsmen in world cricket at the moment. You can keep Pieterson, Symonds, Kemp and Sehwag - this guy is the best and most stylish slogger in the business. Ponting looks just as good when he gest going, but he doesn't risk going for it ball after ball, innings after innings like Afridi. Genius. He plays the role that GIlchrist made famous almost better than Gilchrist himself - why declare now when you can add another 120 in the next 10 overs? Captains dream.

This innings proved that he is not a slogger anymore! He started off well by preserving wickets and ran good singles with Younis Khan and Akmal! And then after Lunch, he opened out in a murderous fashion to flatten the Indian bowlers!

This innings of his has given me some respect over Afridi the batsman!

Not only this innings has shown Afridi has changed his batting attitude a bit. It's since the start of 2005 I would say. Or maybe even earlier.

Afridi definitely looks to be a treat for the fans but a handful for opposition. I hope Symonds learns from Afridi and lets his nature game flow.

afridi is a big entertainer he hit 4 sixes in 4 balls to harbhajan. afridi is a pure genius

Yes, and he is gradually gaining the respect of all the peoples who think he is a slogger(..on pc at least ;) ).He is fearless, never changes his style, even after being in and out of the team so many times.

Well the batsmen have done what they were supposed to do in a brilliant fashion. Now its time for Akhtar to fire up and deliver some quick overs, and that occasional slower one, which will be very effective on this flat wicket, if used correctly. The morning session of the 3rd day will be very decisive.

Hariz said:
Well the batsmen have done what they were supposed to do in a brilliant fashion. Now its time for Akhtar to fire up and deliver some quick overs, and that occasional slower one, which will be very effective on this flat wicket, if used correctly. The morning session of the 3rd day will be very decisive.

The Mourning session would be cucial. Pakistan have done the batting, now they have 3 days to get 20 wickets. On a flat track it'll be a harder then one thinks but then you never know what the bowlers have up thier sleeves ;)

ummmmmm.... But keep in mind that some rain has been predicted on fourth and fifth day...................
But that rain wud not be havey one, just light showers but even then, it can effect some of the match........................... But one thing that goes in favour of Pakistan is that if there are some showers of rain on the pitch, then this pitch wud not remain a batting beauty for the batsmen and India may get in trouble even further

I agreee! morning session will be crucial, especially for India. They would like to go into lunch with less than two wickets down...or even less. It'll depend on how Sehwag will play. Dravid will play the sheet anchor role but if sehwag can get going, India will be on the way towards safety.
The match is well beyond Indian control, so they should try to play it safe initially and then try overhauling the follow-on mark and beyond. All eyes on the famed Indian batting tomorrow, but mind you...almost all 11 players can bat.

Pakistan will be looking for few early wickets and they'll be in total control if that happens.

I don`t think we can be too critical of our bowlers .
As Imran Khan said in the post match report, it is as lifeless as it gets .
Even Rudi Koertzen had something to comment about the pitch .

Even if India fail with the bat tomorrow , it will only be because of the pressure of 679 runs or because of Shoaib`s pace and nothing else .
A similar wicket was dished out at Multan in 2004 and Sehwag and Sachin got India to a 600+ total declared and India were able to enforce the follow on and won the match only because of the pressure of the runs piled up .

One thing I noticed and was a pleasant surprise to see Sehwag bat the way he did.
Sure, he played his aggressive strokes but looked very solid even in defence and did not play the usual slash outside the off-stump .

Why the home team with such a great pace bowling attack ask for such a lifeless pitch, I don`t know !

I want Sehwag to bat all day tommorow, should be entertaining and something to cheer about for the Indian fans........watching him today, very sensible cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread