India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i honeslty hope not many records are broken in this i dont think this pitch is up 2 test standard this shouldnt even been counted as a test match and i dont think its fair to the worthy records holders to lose it to atrocity of a match

ZoraxDoom said:
403/0 on Stumps day 4. 247 of a measly 240 balls by Sehwag, Dravid a solid 128. What a day :). Did anyone see the stare down between Akhtar and Dravid? Amazing. And Kaneria- 10/0/69/0!!!. What a match! If the weather is good tommorow, Viru good break Lara's record(And I bet Lara would be crying himself silly. He broke it twice already, what does he have to do to keep it untli he retires?).
Even I could get a hundred, and I suck at batting! :) interesting pitch, but don't blaim the groundsmen. Inzy or Woolmer might have wanted this pitch, or maybe weather interfered. 10 more runs and this is the highest opening partnership ever. And Dravid has his first century as skipper and as opener. Odd ay? Well, he seemed relaxed. Burst into laughter four or five times in an after day interview with Dean Jones. Seemed more pleased than I ever saw him.
But what a knock by Viru. Awesome! Infact, it makes it look like we fielded and bowled brilliantly!. i mean, 679 looks like nothing now. :)

On an other note, all those who want Agarkar dropped - he has the best bowling figures in this entire match - better than Akhtar, kumble, Bhajji, Kaneria and Naved ul Hasan. Eat that! :)

I fail to see how you can find this 'match' vaguely interesting and I for one hope Lara's record isn't broken on this pathetic excuse for a pitch. Alright the pitch Lara made the 400* on was a belter, but it wasn't like this one.

On the pitch, the groundsman said yesterday that the PCB him asked 'prepare a good pitch' and he's obviously taken that as license to prepare a joke.

Well, if you want good cricket, it isn't that fun. But if you just wanna see Sehwag and Afrdi massacre the bowling, then its fun :)
Just look on the bright side. Atleast it is fun :)
Oh,and you had to see that Dravid-Akhtar stare down. Absolutely fantastic. Akhtar walks up stares at Dravid, and instead of turning away, Dravid keeps staring at him in the eye. They were inches apart, bodies nearly bumping, and not a word said. You could see Akhtar was tempted, but Darrel Hair was walking up with his sweater, so he couldn't say anything. He walks away accross Dravid and back down the pitch, but Dravid turns and gets right into his face, with a look saying "Where are you going huh? Come back here!" But Akhtar looks away and hurries off as Dravid watches him with that deadly look before turning to talk to Sehwag. Brilliant!

Last edited:
stevie said:
I fail to see how you can find this 'match' vaguely interesting and I for one hope Lara's record isn't broken on this pathetic excuse for a pitch. Alright the pitch Lara made the 400* on was a belter, but it wasn't like this one.
A record is a record, and 400 is not a joke.This pitch is looking belter because of the quality of batting, and Pakistani bowling attack is also not a joke. If Sehwag gets 400 tomorrow, it'll be the greatest achievement ever. :hpraise No matter how people think about the pitch.You simply can't compare Lara's inning with Sehwag's one. :mad:

Yea. Cricket doctor has a good point. Lara went slow against the following bowlers:

Hoggard
Harmison
Flintoff
Jones (Not sure, was the fourth seamer someone else?)
Batty
Vaughan (to an extent).

Sehwag has creamed the following:

Akhtar
Rana Naved
Sami
Afrdi
Kaneria
Malik

Regardless of the pitch, what a knock! And that too with quite a few lofted shots, all brilliant ground shots! Fantastic! Watching his is like a Pakistani watching Afridi! :)

cricket doctor said:
You simply can't compare Lara's inning with Sehwag's one. :mad:

Yes you can, quite easily infact. Lara's will be better in my book. He scored 400* out of the West Indies total of 751. He'd also taken a battering from Steve Harmison throughout the series and so had the West Indies as they were already 3-0 down. To come back and do what he did was quite simply outstanding. Thats not to say what Sehwag is doing isn't supurb, but looking at the circumstances I think Lara deserves to keep it. I wouldn't call 400 off 582 balls slow either! :eek:

Last edited:
stevie said:
Yes you can, quite easily infact. Lara's will be better in my book. He scored 400* out of the West Indies total of 751. He'd also taken a battering from Steve Harmison throughout the series and so had the West Indies as they were already 3-0 down. To come back and do what he did was quite simply outstanding. Thats not to say what Sehwag is doing isn't supurb, but looking at the circumstances I think Lara deserves to keep it. I wouldn't call 400 off 582 balls slow either! :eek:
I don't want it broken either, but it would be awesome if he does. I guess it would come of 370 or so deliveries (his 200 came off 185 balls!).
And besides, its Indis against Pakistan. There is no greater pressure. Well, except the Ashes maybe...and the World Cup final...but this is still very very intense!

cricket doctor said:
A record is a record, and 400 is not a joke.This pitch is looking belter because of the quality of batting, and Pakistani bowling attack is also not a joke. If Sehwag gets 400 tomorrow, it'll be the greatest achievement ever. :hpraise No matter how people think about the pitch.You simply can't compare Lara's inning with Sehwag's one. :mad:

So you're saying that this innings from Sehwag is better than Lara's 400*?

At that part of 2004 our bowlers were phenomenal and the key to our success.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/ENG_IN_WI/SCORECARDS/ENG_WI_T4_10-14APR2004.html

I think that pitch in WIndies actually wasn't as good to bat on as this one in Pakistan.

Shewag also needs another 150.

tassietiger said:
Or they might just be celebrating a decade since Cricket 96 was released by getting the kind of scores you would get on Cricket 96.

I know Dravid can bat forever, but Sehwag? Seriously, Pakistan need someone who can bowl accurately and tie him down. On this pitch, being bogged down would frustrate any batsman. McGrath could do it with his eyes shut.

I agree. McGrath or sometimes even Pollock can do that. Like i said, Pak. has genuine pace attack but fast bowlers need to have good line and length, and not just aim at bodies trick with few slower ones.
McGrath is an expert in that.

The match is dead and buried. There is nothing really to play for...well, India can play to increase their avg. and break some records...but it may not be worthy..

Despite the nature of the pitch, it takes something to score 400. If Sehwag gets there, it'll be a great achievement.

But then its still a long way.

If the openers can't get out after 400 the pitch is clearly way too flat or the Pakistani attack sucks. I think the first one best describes that situation.
Anyway Sehwag could well break 400 given the amount of breaks he is getting, unlike Lara who only had the regular breaks. I wonder if Lara would be able to break the record again if Sehwag got it.

Sureshot said:
So you're saying that this innings from Sehwag is better than Lara's 400*?
No, I'm not saying this at all. My point is, if he get there(400), only then it will be a greatest knocks ever. :onpc

cricket doctor said:
No, I'm not saying this at all. My point is, if he get there(400), only then it will be a greatest knocks ever. :onpc

There has been greater knocks then this one. It will go down as one of the greatest but not the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread