India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
aussie1st said:
If the openers can't get out after 400 the pitch is clearly way too flat or the Pakistani attack sucks. I think the first one best describes that situation.
Anyway Sehwag could well break 400 given the amount of breaks he is getting, unlike Lara who only had the regular breaks. I wonder if Lara would be able to break the record again if Sehwag got it.
Breaks doesn't help a batsman most of the times, because it breaks the rhythm and flow. In Lara's case, not getting too much breaks actually helped him to maintain his flow.
Anyways I'm not saying by any means, Lara's knock wasn't the greatest.

aussie1st said:
There has been greater knocks then this one. It will go down as one of the greatest but not the greatest.
Yeah, I correct it. It will go down as one of the greatest and not the greatest.

Originally Posted by aussie1st
If the openers can't get out after 400 the pitch is clearly way too flat or the Pakistani attack sucks. I think the first one best describes that situation.
Anyway Sehwag could well break 400 given the amount of breaks he is getting, unlike Lara who only had the regular breaks. I wonder if Lara would be able to break the record again if Sehwag got it.
pakistan bowling attack thas not suck the pitch suck the pitch is so easy to bat on just play straight bowls is'nt that simple to bat on

No matter what anyone says...a 400 run partnership does not come from only the pitch. India still batted well. And why are Pakistani bowlers doing the samething the Indian bowlers were doing? bowling the ball outside off stump nd on one length...did you look at the pitch mat for Shoaib Akhtar? He bowled 90% of his balls in the same spot. And then you guys wonder why wickets aren't falling...it's not only the pitch but mistakes by the bowlers...same mistakes the Indian bowlers made

Lol, as Sehwag said, the Indian bowlers were atleast able to take seven wickets in this pitch.

Yup. Akhtar seems to have lost that slower ball and lethal yorker, while Sami has given up on pitching the ball full and straight all together. Kaneria flighed the ball less, and Afridi came around the wicket! Not good at all. Atleast India stuck to their guns, and fielded well to snatch 7 wickets...

Sehwag has a chance to break Lara's record tomorrow if the weather holds good tomorrow. I think Dravid on the other end should declare and give the other batsmen some batting practise. May be Ganguly can come and get some batting practise on this featherbed. Ganguly may have made a grave mistake if he refursed to open the innings when Dravid told him to do so on opening day of the Test match. Ganguly had a golden opportunity to open the innings here and get a cheap century under his belt to make his position little better for the his future.

Come on Sehwag!! We want you to break Lara's record. Usually I am not a person who digs for Indian player to go for personal records. But, in a dead match like this there is no harm in Sehwag trying to surpass Lara's highest Test score.

ZoraxDoom said:
Yup. Akhtar seems to have lost that slower ball and lethal yorker, while Sami has given up on pitching the ball full and straight all together. Kaneria flighed the ball less, and Afridi came around the wicket! Not good at all. Atleast India stuck to their guns, and fielded well to snatch 7 wickets...
You can't blame the bowlers entirely. A dead pitch like this can discourage the best of the bowlers. No motivation.

Have a look at this. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvind/content/story/233300.html Shows the lack of variation in the Pakistani bowling. Sehwag got in the rhythem of playing good length balls and he couldnt be stop then. A lot of you say Pakistani bowlers can't pick up wickets because of the pitch. It's not only the pitch that gets you the wicket...if you wanted to you get a team out for 200 on a pitch like this. More than anything its the bowlers fault, not the pitch. Even the Indian bowlers fault too. Pathan lacked a lot of variation in his bowling too.

Yup. Agarkar and Kumble kep mixing it up and bowling aggresively, and Harbhajan kept flighting the ball (albeit un-succesfully). The Pakistanis are too scared apparently. I mean, what the harm. You have 679 runs!!!

Now this is where Kaneria needs to learn from Kumble. In Australia Kaneria showed a lot of heart even after being smashed and managed to get wickets. Here he has been smashed now lets see if he can come back with wickets.

stevie said:
Probably the same as the Indian bowlers were when they were getting smashed to all parts by Younis and Yousuf then later by Afridi and Akmal.

I would say worse...you know without the confidence arriving from the taking of a wicket.

I really liked this comment while reading a news report somewhere. It basically said Sehwag=Younis Khan+Afridi. I think its true.

How do you figure that? Afridi is way too quick even for Sehwag while I have no idea on the comparison with Khan. Sehwag = Sehwag simple :D

aussie1st said:
How do you figure that? Afridi is way too quick even for Sehwag while I have no idea on the comparison with Khan. Sehwag = Sehwag simple :D
What it meant was that Sehwag can play some textbook shots like Younis Khan as well as slog and hit some meaty blows like Afridi.

rahulk666 said:
I really liked this comment while reading a news report somewhere. It basically said Sehwag=Younis Khan+Afridi. I think its true.

Well I dont see it at all that way, if Afridi did'nt get out playing that shot to get quick runs he might have continued plundering the bowling and who knows perhaps score the fastest 200 or something. Sehwag has used this opportunity to get runs well but such articles simply put away Younis Khan's brilliant innings and Afridi's show, not to mention Yousuf's resolute innings and that Akmal smashing yet another ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread