India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaffer should replace Gambhir in the batting line-up.....even though there's an advantage with a right hand-left hand combination for us, there's no point when Gambhir's gonna play useless shots outside off-stump and get out for less then 30.

rahulk666 said:
Sohum,

I agree with you 100% on that. Pathan's principal job in the team is to get wickets. If he can score some runs down the order then its a bonus for India. We should in ideal situation never depend on Pathan for his batting skills. We have Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, Yuvi, Ganguly and Laxman in the team to score runs. If these stalwarts fail to put the runs on the board then India do not deserve to win.

thank you! People finally agree with me! He should concentrate on his bowling and in case of a collapse he's there with dhoni in the lower order to navigate the tailenders!!!

I also agree with Rohit (Cricketman93). Pathan lends stability to our lower order and should remain there in case of a collapse! He and Dhoni are vital cogs of our lower order! They also seem to inspire the tail to perform somewhat with the bat!

I think india's biggest threats would be Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt and Shoaib Malik. Salman and Malik has slaughtered us in the [past, and akmal is in red hot form. as we all know, Shoaib is bowling with fire, and rana naved too. They form the pakistani attack. Kaneria is losing what he had in the tests against england, inzy is going to find it hard to whack the spinners, afridi is inconsistant, and im not too sure about Yusuf.
i think pakistan will have the most trouble against Sachin, Pathan, Dravid and Ganguly :). Throw dhoni in there too. With the ball, Pathan, Zaheer, and Sachin :). Sehwag is like afridi; inconsistant, but has a good record against pak. We don't really know about how Ghambir would fare, but he's in bad form. I think Jaffer would do well and so would Yuvi and Kaifu. The whole indian team is in good form, pakistan better watch out! :D

Do you guys think that Agarkar would be given a shot? I don't really see why not: with good performances with bat and ball, but i feel everyone else is just performing better. I feel that we only need 2 seamers to start, Irfan and Zaheer, and attack with our spinners and then go in with part-timers Sachin and Viru. Gangz could be used too.

Cricketman93 said:
I think india's biggest threats would be Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt and Shoaib Malik. Salman and Malik has slaughtered us in the [past, and akmal is in red hot form. as we all know, Shoaib is bowling with fire, and rana naved too. They form the pakistani attack. Kaneria is losing what he had in the tests against england, inzy is going to find it hard to whack the spinners, afridi is inconsistant, and im not too sure about Yusuf.
i think pakistan will have the most trouble against Sachin, Pathan, Dravid and Ganguly :). Throw dhoni in there too. With the ball, Pathan, Zaheer, and Sachin :). Sehwag is like afridi; inconsistant, but has a good record against pak. We don't really know about how Ghambir would fare, but he's in bad form. I think Jaffer would do well and so would Yuvi and Kaifu. The whole indian team is in good form, pakistan better watch out! :D

Do you guys think that Agarkar would be given a shot? I don't really see why not: with good performances with bat and ball, but i feel everyone else is just performing better. I feel that we only need 2 seamers to start, Irfan and Zaheer, and attack with our spinners and then go in with part-timers Sachin and Viru. Gangz could be used too.

Inzamam, Salman Butt, and Mohammad Yousuf are going to be biggest threats with the bat. Umar Gul will be a threat with the ball.

Sehwag, and Yuvraj will have a great series with the bat. Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly will have forgetful series. Laxman will have 1-2 good innings. Harbhajan Singh, and Pathan will be most successful bowlers for India.

Agarkar should not be picked for tests. He is good for one dayers. I think Zaheer Khan will take Agarkar's spot in tests.

Woah buddy!

Salman- Tremendous Opener! Did very well againest England!
Malik- He had a tremendous tour when he went to India!
Younis- Was the most consitent batsman againest India last year!
Akmal- Just like Dhoni, 2 concecutive centuries! Geat form so far.
Inzy- Spinners?? He'll smack any spinner out of the park. But he must be carefull early on as his footwork is a little slow.
Yousuf- Some how always preforms againest India :p
Akthar- Main Threat for India, way better than ever this man!
Rana- Our Swing bowler-- Like Pathan...
Razzaq- Tremendous hitter! and yet he can play as slow as a turtle!
Afridi- More consitent then ever. He now takes it easy in test cricket, and doesn't throw his wicket like crazy.
Sami- Needs to improve, but he has a lot of pace!

I can talk good about everyone in our team at the momment as they've won a series! (Gangugly, won't get runs. We have a good record against him!:p) Just cause they've been preforming that way doesn't mean they will continue! Its a whole new series againest 2 totaly changed teams form when they met last time!

he could be better than ghambhir! Looking at what dhoni posted....he seems more aggressive than gautam!

Cricketman93 said:
he could be better than ghambhir! Looking at what dhoni posted....he seems more aggressive than gautam!
Yeah I think so. He scored 44 not out with hitting 3 sixers and 5 boundaries and that to me indicates his aggression. He can be dangerous! Hope he can do the same thing against Pakistan.
:cheers

Also I want Ghambhir to play also. I want Ghambhit/Jaffer to both open inning. I don't want Shewag to play. He doesn't even perform man.

vibs89 said:
Also I want Ghambhir to play also. I want Ghambhit/Jaffer to both open inning. I don't want Shewag to play. He doesn't even perform man.

We must speak something realistic! Sehwag wont be dropped for sure! He has become a superstar and more importantly, Chappell has developed a liking for him! So its highly impossible for Sehwag to be dropped at this juncture! He is also the vice captain and in case Dravid is indisposed, Sehwag has to lead as he has some experience as captain (and a 100% success record as captain!).

saisrini80 said:
We must speak something realistic! Sehwag wont be dropped for sure! He has become a superstar and more importantly, Chappell has developed a liking for him! So its highly impossible for Sehwag to be dropped at this juncture! He is also the vice captain and in case Dravid is indisposed, Sehwag has to lead as he has some experience as captain (and a 100% success record as captain!).
I agree with you Sai saheb! Sehwag can't be out of the Indian team. More than being a superstar he's also a vice caption of the Indian team so he can't be out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread