India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
MohdIrshaad said:
For the first time in entire history, top 7 batsmen scored more than 50 runs in an innings in a match.How Pak batsmen fared, i leave it upto you.

And yes, i still believe Pak batting isn't great, and yes they will get exposed in England.But having said that i must say they didn't do a bad job in the test series against India.

And in the same match for the first time in history of test cricket hattrick was recorded in the very first over.

People are saying India cant produce "FAST" bowlers , but I would say why would we need fast bowlers ??????

Last tour to Australia we didnt had any fast bowler ,we still managed to drew the series 1-1.

Last time Pakistan went to Australia with 2 genuine fast bowlers but still lost the series 3-0 and thier best bowler on that tour was Rana-another of those medieum pace brigade.

India has lost just 2 series at home since the 1989 series.The only countries where "this" team hasnt won a match has been NZ,SA.

This is a good record I suppose that too without a "FAST" bowler.

My advice to PAkistan therfore would be sto stop looking for more AKhtar's, Sami's ,Zahid's and start concentrating on the Asif's and the Rana's.Maybe then even they would start winning abroad.

ronny_kingsley said:
And in the same match for the first time in history of test cricket hattrick was recorded in the very first over.

Yes, but they overcome that and put up a respectable total that they were able to defend!!

However the other record that was created helped the team to win the match comprehensively!

ronny_kingsley said:
Last time Pakistan went to Australia with 2 genuine fast bowlers but still lost the series 3-0 and thier best bowler on that tour was Rana-another of those medieum pace brigade.

Rana did nothing in test matches, he was only impressive in ODI.In test match only Akhtar impressed, Pak lost the test match because of their batting display.If you don't score runs you lose, why blame any bowler for that?
ronny_kingsley said:
My advice to PAkistan therfore would be sto stop looking for more AKhtar's, Sami's ,Zahid's and start concentrating on the Asif's and the Rana's.Maybe then even they would start winning abroad

In the words of Srinath, half the wkts the Asif took was due to the effort of Akhtar.Most expert share Srinath's opinion.An express fast bowler is always helpful, no matter what you say.

And i think Pak abroad record is not that bad, i think Pak falters at home but do relatevely better abroad.India in contrast usually struggle overseas!

Pakistan cant handle moving balls be it Test's or ODI's.

In Karachi as long as ball was swinging Pakistani batsman were all at sea but without that they looked fantastic. Again thier getting use of the pitch first helped them and Indians crumbled under the pressure of that many runs.

It was the very reason why Inzamam had asked for placid pitches so that his batting line up doesnt get exposed to swing.

If only Pakistani batsman are that good why dont they survive the swinging ball.They have not done it yet in this entire tour.

Any reasons mate ?

ronny_kingsley said:
Pakistan cant handle moving balls be it Test's or ODI's.

In Karachi as long as ball was swinging Pakistani batsman were all at sea but without that they looked fantastic. Again thier getting use of the pitch first helped them and Indians crumbled under the pressure of that many runs.

It was the very reason why Inzamam had asked for placid pitches so that his batting line up doesnt get exposed to swing.

If only Pakistani batsman are that good why dont they survive the swinging ball.They have not done it yet in this entire tour.

Any reasons mate ?

You should be the one who should tell me the reasons, "appropriate reasons" of Indian failure rather than asking me about reasons of something on which we both agree, i.e Pak batting isn't all that great.

Pak batsmen do struggle in seaming condition, but what about Indian batsmen who are suppose to be the best in the world?? To say that they crumbled under pressure is a laugh.Pak scored 230-240 in firts innings and India wasn't able to take a lead, infact they conceeded a small lead , why????India didn't lost the match due to pressue of big total, as even in reply to first innings when the total wasn't big Indian batsmen failed to do the job.

ronny_kingsley said:

People are saying India cant produce "FAST" bowlers , but I would say why would we need fast bowlers ??????

Last tour to Australia we didnt had any fast bowler ,we still managed to drew the series 1-1.

India has lost just 2 series at home since the 1989 series.The only countries where "this" team hasnt won a match has been NZ,SA.

My advice to PAkistan therfore would be sto stop looking for more AKhtar's, Sami's ,Zahid's and start concentrating on the Asif's and the Rana's.Maybe then even they would start winning abroad.
A hat-trick in the first over is of little use if you end up losing the match by 300+ runs. Lets face it, maybe the margin was a bit harsh but Pakistan were the better team in the test series. And I believe test matches are the true test which indicate the strengths and weaknesses of a team.

India have fought back in the one day series, and now with youngsters like Dhoni and RP Singh delivering the goods, they do look like a class one-day outfit. If they can groom one of their players into a good allrounder, then they can really be considered as a major force in the one day form of the game.

However the clear story will be revealed once both these sides play and win tournaments abroad. (West Indies and Zimbabwe excluding that is).

m_vaughan said:
However the clear story will be revealed once both these sides play and win tournaments abroad. (West Indies and Zimbabwe excluding that is).

very true

ronny_kingsley said:

After reading your post it looks to me that as if cricket is played only in Australia and India, as you have mentioned results of the series that were played in Australia and India only (i guess you did that to suit your case).

India failed to win a single overseas series in 16 years, and finally when they won one, it was none other than in Zimbabwe!!

Now you can say that its a good record, but most ppl would strongly disagree.

Last edited:
yes...but now India is a different team under Dravid & with Creg's coaching.
For the past 16 years the team was different.It did not have the killing instinct,fighting power & unity as it has now.

Look forward in the future.India will win overseas tournaments.

bharat said:
For the past 16 years the team was different.It did not have the killing instinct,fighting power & unity as it has now.

Yes hopefully we will, but untill then we should keep our mouth shut instead of giving others advice as to how to improve away series record.

Concerning this thread: The Pakistan Cricket Conspiracy. Was Pakistan a sacrificial lamb?
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18350

Surprised it was closed. Let me address a few points.

@ Kodos
No, I'm not a sore loser since I'm an England supporter. I just happen to enjoy cricket, no matter who's playing. So there goes your theory.

@ MohdIrshaad
Nope, it's not about mudslinging, it's about healthy debate. Is that not what forums are supposed to be about? As for my comments about Musharraf, what do you expect me to say about an individual who is nothing more than a tin pot dictator? And as for Inzi and Younis' reaction, I imagined nothing. It was on the TV screen for everyone to see. I happened to record the match so I could rewind and verify what I saw.

@ bharat
You think India started playing better? Now there's an objective, unbiased view if ever I saw one.

@ andrew nixon
You said "What a sad and pathetic individual the original poster is"
For a mod, you're not exactly giving a good example on how to behave on forums, are you? I thought making personal attacks on other members is generally frowned upon in all forums in general.

And as for actual proof, don't make me laugh. Do you really think proof would be so readily available? This is just speculation and I also said I could be wrong. I just wanted to see what other people thought.

I may be new here, but I am a veteran of many forums. I am just used to a certain amount of maturity amongst posters. I expected to find the same on this forum. I hope I don't get dissappointed. :(

Last edited:
bharat said:

For India its about keeping the momentum going. I remember listening to similar chants of a new team India under Ganguly and Wright after the 1-1 drawn series in Australia. But just when it seemed like India were going rise up, they went through a long poor run which lasted pretty much one year.

Now India have done well in the home series against Sri Lanka and this one day series in Pakistan. Its a good start, but just a start.

For a mod, you're not exactly giving a good example on how to behave on forums, are you? I thought making personal attacks on other members is generally frowned upon in all forums in general
Ignore Nixon, he has a habit of intervening and name calling.
Your allowed your views. I think...
I feel the same happens every Indo-Pak series of late. It just doesn't look right. But, you never know. Might not have been Masharaff, could have been something else. They could have been threatened with their lives? (Many people are very passionate)
Now this is just speculation, not accusations.

Yeah. I don't think for a moment that it could be right. I can see where you are coming from, but I think it's all wrong.

Pakistan Proud

Pakistan is a head of india...not the other way around....Pakistan team was injured and out of form...ok

read my previous post.....what happened in the test match at karachi.....all indian and paksitani players were playing.....

it is such a quincidence that ass sooon as sami, shoiab, afridi, inzy injured, pakistan team, so the indian team win the series..... even if some players are not injured they need other player to build on...like the entire team is fallen aart from injuries...please think about it.....

Sami comes back in the final match and destroys india top order..like honestly..come on people...shoiab keeps india prssurized....like if these key elemtns of pakistani cricket are missing how do u expect a domination...like you peopl say india is a head of pakistan...but look pakistan is 3rd in hte world right now in ODI.....

Pakistan has a pretty good batting and suprb bowling lineup..... pakistan has 11 bowlers....and like 7 batsmen.....

pakistan team lost players...there entire team was mentally out of it....like come on...give me break....

Bowlers:
Shoaib Akhtar(fastest, injured)
Mohammad Sami(90 mph +, swing, everything, pakistan did not let him play)
Shabbir Ahmed(fast, 90mph+, not playing)
Mohammad Asif(almost 90mph, destroyed india and played well even in the ODI)
Rana Naved-ul-hasan(swing, meduim, destroyed india last year and a little out of his rythm)
Abdul Razzaq(amazing bowler)
Danish Kaneria(leg spin, destroyed india in the test, pak did not allow him to play)
Shahid Afridi(spin, didn't get spupoort from his team mates, injured)
Shoiab Malik(did not get more overs)
Arshad Khan(bowling not that good)
Umar gul(good bowler)

Batsmen:
Inzy (class act perfect in all batting department)

shoaib Malik( destroyed india all ODi matches, currently best ODi bastmen in the world since 2004)
Shahid afridi (playing sensibly before, but now went crazy,still the master blaster, very important in a ODI match, injured)
kamran Aklmal(crazy wicket keeper, and a crazy developing batsmen, destroyed india in the test with his centruy)
Mohammad yousif(top gun like dravid class player,,no comment just brilliant)
Younis Khan(just amazing top gun)
Abdul Razzaq(master blaster, what happned in the first ODI, every knows perfect allrounder)
Fasil Iqbal(developing batsmen maiden centruy test match,dunno why pakistan did not let him play)

Last edited:
ok ok.
It's no use having so many resources but not performing with them.
In the end it's the team that plays better cricket that wins.
India played better cricket in the ODI series so they won.

You can't say Pakistan is ahead of India just because they have excellent resources.
India did outplay Pakistan in the Hutch "ODI" Series.

Sami destorys India's top order.So what?What did it do to the result of the match?
Even Pathan destroyed Pakistan's top order in the 3rd test.But Pakistan won it.
Similarly India won the ODI.So no use talking about Sami.

shoaib Malik( destroyed india all ODi matches, currently best ODi bastmen in the world since 2004)
Shahid afridi(playing sensibly before, but now went crazy,still the master blaster, very important in a ODI match, injured)

sounds too hallucinatory.I agree Shoaib Malik performed well.He's a strong contender for Man of the series.But calling him best batsman since 2004 is :rtfl
I've hardly seen Afridi playing sensibly.

like you peopl say india is a head of pakistan...but look pakistan is 3rd in hte world right now in ODI.....
u sound paradoxical.Going by ur way of thinking.
I can say India is ahead of Pakistan,since they are NO 3 in Test Ratings.
Pakistan is No 7. But still Pakistan won the test series.
Similarly India won the ODI series.

In the ICC ODI rankings.Pak is No:3 & India is No:4(difference 1)
In the ICC Test rankings Pak is No:7 & India is No:3(difference 4)
so 4-1=3.India is ahead of Pakistan. :)

I hope u accept the facts & reality & not call me an idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread