India in South Africa

prarara said:
Pathan was it for a while. Munaf could've been the complement, and I think Zaheer could've been as well. The batting just committed Hara Kiri too often.

I am not too impressed with Munaf dropping down so much on his pace. As Wasim Akram rightly said, he looks more like 124 than 24. Our bowlers have now started talking more about line and length and in the process are sacrificing pace very easily! And they get down to such drastic drop in pace that their bowling becomes pedestrian and easy to hit! Even VRV is talking more about line and length now. Thats why I am impressed with Sreesanth. He bowls at a very good pace (for us) and doesnt mind having a go at the batsmen!

ZexyZahid said:
I don't think Sreesanth fits in the Test team. Pathan should play, whether he is in form or not.

And somebody lives here in Kolkata? If so, can he post the pictures of the burnings that probably will happen tomorrow. ;) You can imagine now all the 'analysts' in television programs in India talking about this.

Have you watched indian cricket? i think you have not shreesanth is india only bowler capable of touching 90 miles an hour and is a outswing bolwer.
He is indias best fast medium bowler.

Cricket_god said:
Have you watched indian cricket? i think you have not shreesanth is india only bowler capable of touching 90 miles an hour and is a outswing bolwer.
He's also been India's only bowler of late who's gone at more an over than Pathan. When our batting can't be trusted to put up 200 in an ODI game, we need to cut the runs down. :p

He is a wicket taker though and that's what India need as they haven't caused the SA batsmen must stress at all. The other 3 bowlers should be keeping the runs down leaving the attacking to Sree.

sohummisra said:
He's also been India's only bowler of late who's gone at more an over than Pathan. When our batting can't be trusted to put up 200 in an ODI game, we need to cut the runs down. :p

In tests you have to be attacking and he has not been too expensive in tests
gets your facts right .
:D :D :eek:

Cricket_god said:
In tests you have to be attacking and he has not been too expensive in tests
gets your facts right .
:D :D :eek:
I'll work on my facts after you work on your reading skills.

He's been ridiculously expensive in his short ODI career, and ODI's are all we've been playing of late. He is certainly a wicket taker but with his experience of 5 test matches and his hothead, things fall apart really quickly if, say, the openers smack you around.

Cricket_god said:

Have you watched indian cricket? Its Sreesanth. And its not bolwer its Bowler. :rolleyes:

You need temperament to do well in Tests. You should be able to bowl 20-25 overs of good clean, stump to stump bowling. Not go all bezerk cuz u were hit for a four.

are we forgetting about agarker at all? I'm no fan of him now, but he has a long handle in the tail, and isn't all that bad of a test bowler.

I agree, Sreesanth has talent. But its just raw talent, not nourished enough to perform well consistently at the test level. The world cup is 3 months away, we need to go back to the drawing boards and try and attack with our old tactic, literally, experience.

Cricketman93 said:
Have you watched indian cricket? Its Sreesanth. And its not bolwer its Bowler. :rolleyes:

are we forgetting about agarker at all? I'm no fan of him now, but he has a long handle in the tail, and isn't all that bad of a test bowler.

i feel Agarkar wud do well in Windies pitches! He has the capability to move the ball well but recently he has tried moving a lot and hence hammered! ( this is what happend in Champ trophy too )

And Sreesanth has to become little mature but we can understand that he has just entered international levl! It may take time! But he has got pace and have the talent but was not able to find the right way to utilse it!

Cricketman93 said:

You need temperament to do well in Tests. You should be able to bowl 20-25 overs of good clean, stump to stump bowling. Not go all bezerk cuz u were hit for a four.

Tell me who are the bowlers who will be able to bowl stump to stump in the current indian side .If you play and watch cricket wickets are the main thing to slow the run rate and on those pitches our bowlers will be cannon fooder after the opening spell when there will be no swing .And its Agarkar not agarker :rolleyes: :p :happy :clap

AND His short test records are impressive please do not mix test and odi cricket.
class mat balls runs wkts bbi bbm ave econ sr 4 5 10
Tests 5 1019 566 19 4/70 5/72 29.78 3.33 53.63 2 0 0

Last edited:
Cricket_god said:
Tell me who are the bowlers who will be able to bowl stump to stump in the current indian side .

In my opinion, Only Munaf has that great ability(stump to stump) making batsman to struggle a lot! For entire Champions Trophy, Munaf bowled stump to stump!

surendar said:
In my opinion, Only Munaf has that great ability(stump to stump) making batsman to struggle a lot! For entire Champions Trophy, Munaf bowled stump to stump!

Exactly and he may not be fit for the first test so we should go with sreesanth.

Sreesanth is not a bad prospect, we haven't seen much of him, so why bother talking about him? Both MP and SS have started well, in tests.

If MP's doubtful, then it should be ZK, IP/SS along with Kumble and Harbhajan (though i feel, Bhajji will not be very effective).

It all depends on how the tour game goes as well.

cricket_lover said:
Sreesanth is not a bad prospect, we haven't seen much of him, so why bother talking about him? Both MP and SS have started well, in tests.

If MP's doubtful, then it should be ZK, IP/SS along with Kumble and Harbhajan (though i feel, Bhajji will not be very effective).

It all depends on how the tour game goes as well.

Irfan pathan is not bowling well enough in tests to get picked as a pure bowler .For the first test my combination will be-Munaf,Zaheer/irfan,sreesanth,kumble,VRV Singh if India play 5 bowlers Harbhajan is useless outside India and indian Commentators call him a world class bowler capable of taking wickets any where but i think the team management knows his limitations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread