India in South Africa

india at lunch 69\5 ganguly is still there on 20 may be he will get a 100 and rescue india otherwise another innings defeat beckons

India 133/5with Ganguly on 62*
This is a good comeback for the ex-Indian captain.
Letshope he does it in the tests too.

Pathan now seems to be on a smashing mode! He has jumped up to 39*. India 150/5.

Wow! I couldnt sleep the whole night and was waiting to get up in the morning and tune in to Cricinfo. Looks like my inconsistent sleep has become fruitful. Ganguly is on 63*. He needs a century here badly. Would do the team a lot of good!

saisrini80 said:
Pathan now seems to be on a smashing mode! He has jumped up to 39*. India 150/5.

Wow! I couldnt sleep the whole night and was waiting to get up in the morning and tune in to Cricinfo. Looks like my inconsistent sleep has become fruitful. Ganguly is on 63*. He needs a century here badly. Would do the team a lot of good!

Nice to see Ganguly performing well in SA :hpraise
Lets hope that he continues the same in tests too!

What a comeback by ex-cricketrs! Zaheer came back and did well and now Sourav is doing well!

surendar said:
Nice to see Ganguly performing well in SA :hpraise
Lets hope that he continues the same in tests too!

What a comeback by ex-cricketrs! Zaheer came back and did well and now Sourav is doing well!

you use "ex" for those retired..... zaheer and saurav have not retired yet. maybe the word "senior" would work better!

isnt this wicket said to be a typical indian wicket? if so, we shouldnt be too boasting too much about ganguly's innings. also it would also put more pressure on the other batsmen who have failed. its their conditions and if they are not scoring, then their confidence levels needs to be brought back up soon! its going to get a whole lot tougher in the tests!

Hurray Ganguly reaching his century now :happy . Now come on DADA keep ur cool and get to the 3 figures :cheers

Pathan scored a good 50 :cheers

Take a look how Sehwag was bowled . Just watch his feet . Has he ever moved his feet from the crease after he came to SA :mad
69294.jpg

Sehwag desperately needs to improve his game, at the moment if teams cramp him for room outside off stump, he doesn't seem capable of responding. His technique these days looks about as effective as Warne, except Warne is able to tuck it off his pads, and doesn't look scared when the bowlers are aiming at his head.

I just dont understand why the team is not sending back Sehwag to domestic cricket to learn from his flaws. According to me, they should send him back to domestic cricket and bring him back only when they are 100% sure he has learned from his flaws. Its so disgusting to see him get out the same way again and again and again without ever learning from it!

I think if Sehwag doesnt get runs in the second innings of this tour match, Gambhir would be a strong candidate to open in the first test along with Jaffer. Gambhir would also be a better fielder and a quick mover! Since Vengsarkar is there in South Africa, I think he will have a strong say in Sehwag's selection even for the first test!

Last edited:
All the thing required for Sehwag is to do some dance on the pitch while batting :) Sehwag is a natural player!

Also In Tests, Sehwag is different from what we see him in ODIs!

In Last 10 Matches

He has played 17 Innings, with the avearge of 46.62 with two hundreds and two fifties!

Sehwag can strike any time, but once he starts, the opposition is going to be in trouble for sure :)

surendar said:
All the thing required for Sehwag is to do some dance on the pitch while batting :) Sehwag is a natural player!

Also In Tests, Sehwag is different from what we see him in ODIs!

In Last 10 Matches

He has played 17 Innings, with the avearge of 46.62 with two hundreds and two fifties!

Sehwag can strike any time, but once he starts, the opposition is going to be in trouble for sure :)

Lets see what he does in the tests here...

Oh damn! Ganguly GONE for 83! I was waiting for that century! Missed it damn!

Still, it would be disgusting if anyone doesnt appreciate him for his sterling effort. Scoring 83 when the rest of the team fails around you and you're under presssure already coming back into the side after a year and being in a team where the coach doesnt have the best of relations with you, is remarkable!

saisrini80 said:
Oh damn! Ganguly GONE for 83! I was waiting for that century! Missed it damn!

Still, it would be disgusting if anyone doesnt appreciate him for his sterling effort. Scoring 83 when the rest of the team fails around you and you're under presssure already coming back into the side after a year and being in a team where the coach doesnt have the best of relations with you, is remarkable!

He has played an excellent knock when the team needed him in crisis and this is more important than his 83!

Well done Sourav :clap :clap :clap Lets hope, he maintains the same form against the quality African pacers ( Pollock especially )!

All the credit to Gungly and Paarthen. Hurvaj Singh can maybe see out the tail...it was sad how our top order of Tendehar, Seway, and V. Lexington fell...(hehehehehe)

prarara said:
All the credit to Gungly and Paarthen. Hurvaj Singh can maybe see out the tail...it was sad how our top order of Tendehar, Seway, and V. Lexington fell...(hehehehehe)

You seem to be in a very exciting mood! ;)

saisrini80 said:
You seem to be in a very exciting mood! ;)

Its EA cricket 07 style of writing! :)

Apart from Ganguly, the other important problem is now Pathan! It looked almost that Pathan shd be dropped becos of his poor bowling but he has showed the capacity to bat well again and that too in crisis situation!

Shd Pathan be picked or dropped ??? Zaheer has done well... i felt Zaheer,Munaf and Sree wud do fine! If Pathan is going to be picked, then one of them shd go .. i feel prbly Zaheer has to sit down! ( It will be a slight problem in having two left arm bowlers in Test i guess....)

Users who are viewing this thread