India in South Africa

120/5 now
Closing in on a very famous win .
I believe this will just be the sort of a game which can turn the season around for us.
Once we come back to India, we will be a stronger team.

Still got to get the next 5 wickets though.

Nel Vs Sreesanth

cellinis said:
Lots of fun between Sreesanth and Nel right about now!

Both are begging for Stiff Penalties from the Match Refree.
Hope they don't do something to get themselves banned for a game or so.
That would just destroy the spirit of the series.

Prince puts up some resistance with Boucher and the end of day's play.

All we need is Prince. Then the match is in the bag.

CMON INDIA!
I hope to watch an Indian victory in INDIA, as my flight to leave for there is in about an hour :)

Fine catch by Viru, saw it on TV this time.
Good stuff from SS again, India have actually won! :eek:

ss is such a weirdo

first that ass shaker*very weird video and now this?

do india have a weird personality of the year thing?

if they do then he should get the vote

Last edited:
gambino said:
ss is such a weirdo

first that ass shaker*very weird video and now this?

do india have a weird personality of the year thing?

if they do then he should get the vote

oh come on!!!! who asked Nel to give it to Sreesanth??? Nel was the one who started all this show... Sreesanth gave him back double his own medicine. After that six was hit when Sreesanth did that "now famous" dance to Nel twirling his bat over his head, it was quite a sight seeing Nel being embarassed as he was walking back to his run up mark. After that, Nel's ego made him hold the ball and twirl it over his head (a'la Sreesanth) when Sreesanth faced an awkward delivery. But clearly, Sreesanth had won that battle and Nel was just trying to appease his ego which didnt work out!

all this is part of the game. the game is played at a very competitive spirit. its not a gentleman's game though gentlemen find a place in the game. if the match referee imposes bans on the players, shame on it! cricket needs this small bit of fun!

I should say India are inching in on a very famous victory abroad!

Something like Port of Spain or Headingley or Adelaide. The batsmen applied themselves, the bowlers ripped the opposition apart, the fielding was spot on. Everything fell into place in just a single match. If we win this, I would say our win at Potchefstroom would be a major highlight because that victory gave us the required confidence. We had a comprehensive win there and it made the difference for us.

Sreesanth is now a "hero". what a lovely spell. yesterday at some parts of the day, it looked like he could get a wicket every ball. what a transformation??? looks like munaf might have to sit out every game where we need two spinners. more or less, Zaheer and Sreesanth have clinched their spots and have almost formed the latest new ball pairing! good that we have a left and right arm bowling combination. the batsmen have to contend with different angles and different type of bowlers.

iceman_waugh said:
I don't see South Africa pulling off a victory here with Kallis out now.

A suggestion to teamIndia for the next match.
Have Pathan open the batting instead of Jaffer or get Gambhir in.

Irfan cant open. That would be disaster. Then why did we pick Gambhir for this tour? Vengsarkar has already said that there will be no "makeshift opening" business. so if jaffer finds himself out of favor, gambhir will come in. but it would also be tricky to see gambhir being thrown in straight into the durban test which is expected to be the toughest test for the indians!

That dance by SS was great....saw it on the news and i was like wow SS is just enjoying this match. i am trying to find a video of it, any one have it...

India are in a good position now and i hope they donly let it slip away, would like to see kumble or ganguly pick up a wicket or two

As for the opening pair i think it wouldnt harm or try Gambhir, jaffer has been having a terible series and trying someone new would, according to me, be a good idea

I'm pretty sure Gambhir will open in the next test, that might be the only change in the line-up, should India win this one.

^ Doubt it... Take a look at Jaffers average, it is still very comendable for an opener. Also, if India win, I doubt they'll want to mess around with the winning formula.

EDIT: But yes, it would be most appropriate that Jaffer be replaced by Gambhir! Gambhir, also, is much better when it comes to fielding.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
oh come on!!!! who asked Nel to give it to Sreesanth??? Nel was the one who started all this show... Sreesanth gave him back double his own medicine. After that six was hit when Sreesanth did that "now famous" dance to Nel twirling his bat over his head, it was quite a sight seeing Nel being embarassed as he was walking back to his run up mark. After that, Nel's ego made him hold the ball and twirl it over his head (a'la Sreesanth) when Sreesanth faced an awkward delivery. But clearly, Sreesanth had won that battle and Nel was just trying to appease his ego which didnt work out!

all this is part of the game. the game is played at a very competitive spirit. its not a gentleman's game though gentlemen find a place in the game. if the match referee imposes bans on the players, shame on it! cricket needs this small bit of fun!

I should say India are inching in on a very famous victory abroad!

Something like Port of Spain or Headingley or Adelaide. The batsmen applied themselves, the bowlers ripped the opposition apart, the fielding was spot on. Everything fell into place in just a single match. If we win this, I would say our win at Potchefstroom would be a major highlight because that victory gave us the required confidence. We had a comprehensive win there and it made the difference for us.

Sreesanth is now a "hero". what a lovely spell. yesterday at some parts of the day, it looked like he could get a wicket every ball. what a transformation??? looks like munaf might have to sit out every game where we need two spinners. more or less, Zaheer and Sreesanth have clinched their spots and have almost formed the latest new ball pairing! good that we have a left and right arm bowling combination. the batsmen have to contend with different angles and different type of bowlers.

Irfan cant open. That would be disaster. Then why did we pick Gambhir for this tour? Vengsarkar has already said that there will be no "makeshift opening" business. so if jaffer finds himself out of favor, gambhir will come in. but it would also be tricky to see gambhir being thrown in straight into the durban test which is expected to be the toughest test for the indians!

I do not think munaf can be dropped zaheer only provides one or two wickets upo front .when he comes back in second spell he does not look like taking wickets munaf is a match winner no way the team manage ment wil drop him
they will drop zaheer if needed.when irfan gets back in form we will have to drop a batsman in india on low slow batting tracks.irfan has a better future prospect than zaheer as zaheer is not able to swing it in consistently.if irfan gets his action sorted out .\\

Gambir should be tried as he cuts and pulls well and is aggressive atleast we wil be 50 for 1 not 14-1

An please do not overhype sreesanth he has still a lot to learn one .HE HAS BEEN BOWLING WELL hope it continous .

Last edited:
Think about dropping Zaheer in your dream.

India will stick to the same line-up. Zaheer, is the new spearhead (well, re-invented himself). This is a good combination, Zaheer and Sreesanth, both can be aggressive. Munaf Patel and VRV will fight for the third spot, and VRV might get the nod.

Gambhir will be brought because, the left/right combination of Ganguly and Laxman worked for India in both innings, and they will be looking to exploit that in the top order as well.

Cricket_god said:
Don't you understand a simple point most of our batsman were out trying to
score runs in odis and due to extra bounce the shots they played ended up as edges.while as i have always maintained in test they were able to leave the ball And those of you who called for sreesanth not deserving a place in first eleven its a fitting reply.Talent can never be destroyed its just form
Do you seriously think we were trying to go out and smash the South African bowling after we found it difficult to bat even 80% of our allotted overs? It's easy to mistime shots when you are facing pace and bounce, but you need some movement to be dismissed behind the wicket, unless you can't hit a straight ball. As for Sreesanth, congratulations are in order for him. But he should not forget that Irfan got a hat-trick in Pakistan last time around--and look where he is now. It's easy to analyze everything in the current situation, but as time passes, you get a better understanding. And finally, there is not a single player in the Indian team who doesn't have talent. In fact, it is highly unlikely that you will represent your country in international test cricket if you don't have talent.

ZoraxDoom said:
The Monk can controll this game at his will.
C'mon India! :) 22/2!!
His hair growth may be impeding his powers, though. ;P

cricket_lover said:
I'm pretty sure Gambhir will open in the next test, that might be the only change in the line-up, should India win this one.
I would give Jaffer another chance. He failed in the ODIs, and I believe his selection in the ODI's was ridiculous. Jaffer is the type of player who wants to play time out in the middle. The scorecards have shown that this is anything but a batsman's tour. Our openers' form is worrying, though.

Jaffer seems to be OK for the ODIs. I mean, we need someone to bat time with Viru.
And Irfan is just in bad form. Him, Zaheer, Munaf and SS on form, that'll be lethal. And with VRV, Ajit and Rudra as back-ups too!
Did anyone see when Ganguly hit Kallis with a bouncer on his very first delivery? :)
His reaction after that was classic :D It was like he was thinking:
"Woah, huh, never knew I could do that. Not bad. Hmm, maybe they actually did select me as a bowling allrounder..."
It was great :)

cricket_lover said:
Think about dropping Zaheer in your dream.

India will stick to the same line-up. Zaheer, is the new spearhead (well, re-invented himself). This is a good combination, Zaheer and Sreesanth, both can be aggressive. Munaf Patel and VRV will fight for the third spot, and VRV might get the nod.

Gambhir will be brought because, the left/right combination of Ganguly and Laxman worked for India in both innings, and they will be looking to exploit that in the top order as well.
Munaf will get the nod ahead of VRV
VRV, I believe has a lot of potential and it would be good to have him in the squad
Even yesterday he was hurrying the batsmen with his short stuff and was hitting the bat hard.

Munaf has been our most consistent test bowler since his debut.
Rarely givs away runs and gets crucial wickets.
Remember the wickets of Peitersen and Flintoff in the 1st innings and Cook in the 2nd innings at Mohali
He got Lara quite a few times in the carribean and more importantly in the last test.
VRV will get his chance but Munaf deservs it more than him now.

Users who are viewing this thread