India in South Africa

it was really nice to hear that India is in driver's seat! I missed many actions and rarely saw the scorecard in cric info!

Ganguly n Laxman, once again did well :clap! our bowlers are closing everyone's(including myself:D) critics i guess.. I still cant believe the way our bowlers have gone... But it seems that the entire team has worked hard for it!

But still, i am not going for any conclusions now as everyone must have witnessed the similar situation against Pakistan though its a last day and third innings! ( where Pakistan were 6 down and it seemed to be a comfortable win fr India but Razzaq and Akmal spoiled it taking a healthy lead! ) Here still Boucher n Prince there... so might expect anything but India are currently having upper hand over Africans and hope they dont do anything silly now and win it for our country! :)

surendar said:
it was really nice to hear that India is in driver's seat! I missed many actions and rarely saw the scorecard in cric info!

Ganguly n Laxman, once again did well :clap! our bowlers are closing everyone's(including myself:D) critics i guess.. I still cant believe the way our bowlers have gone... But it seems that the entire team has worked hard for it!

But still, i am not going for any conclusions now as everyone must have witnessed the similar situation against Pakistan though its a last day and third innings! ( where Pakistan were 6 down and it seemed to be a comfortable win fr India but Razzaq and Akmal spoiled it taking a healthy lead! ) Here still Boucher n Prince there... so might expect anything but India are currently having upper hand over Africans and hope they dont do anything silly now and win it for our country! :)
I hope that you have not jinxed us.

Vrv

cricket_lover said:
Munaf Patel and VRV will fight for the third spot, and VRV might get the nod.

I hope not. VRV really hasn't shown much as far as his bowling goes. He was suppossed to be the fastest bowler in India, but he looks really Military-Medium to me.

When did he bowl, really?

He never got into his stride, so i don't see your point valid. He was good in the tour match, the only one where he bowled consistent overs.

saisrini80 said:
looks like munaf might have to sit out every game where we need two spinners. more or less, Zaheer and Sreesanth have clinched their spots and have almost formed the latest new ball pairing!

I would not play Harbhajan unless we get a turn-table, which is unlikely in South Africa.
We should definitely go with Zaheer, Sreesanth, Kumble, and Munaf for the rest of the tour.
I think it's too early to drop Jaffer after a couple of failures on a very difficult wicket. Let him play the whole series, then if he doesn't deliver, we are back to square one.
I don't really remember the last time India had decent openers. Opening has always been a problem in Indian Cricket.
As for Gambhir, he couldn't make it on Indian pitches Vs a modest Sri Lankan attack. What makes you guys think he's going to make it in SA?

s2sschan said:
I hope not. VRV really hasn't shown much as far as his bowling goes. He was suppossed to be the fastest bowler in India, but he looks really Military-Medium to me.

He started bowling line and length around 127 he got up to 140 i think he has
gone up ton 145 against england he can go to 150 he is a strong lad

cricket_lover said:
Think about dropping Zaheer in your dream.

India will stick to the same line-up. Zaheer, is the new spearhead (well, re-invented himself). This is a good combination, Zaheer and Sreesanth, both can be aggressive. Munaf Patel and VRV will fight for the third spot, and VRV might get the nod.

Gambhir will be brought because, the left/right combination of Ganguly and Laxman worked for India in both innings, and they will be looking to exploit that in the top order as well.

when india plays 2 pacers zaheer has to dropped because he is no where near
munaf.when irfan comes back i cannot see zaheer preffered to irfan

sohummisra said:
Do you seriously think we were trying to go out and smash the South African bowling after we found it difficult to bat even 80% of our allotted overs? It's easy to mistime shots when you are facing pace and bounce, but you need some movement to be dismissed behind the wicket, unless you can't hit a straight ball. As for Sreesanth, congratulations are in order for him. But he should not forget that Irfan got a hat-trick in Pakistan last time around--and look where he is now. It's easy to analyze everything in the current situation, but as time passes, you get a better understanding. And finally, there is not a single player in the Indian team who doesn't have talent. In fact, it is highly unlikely that you will represent your country in international test cricket if you don't have talent.

you are not understanding my point players got out in odis trying to play shots after defending because of run rate increasing and they got out trying to play shots but because of bounce they edged it or hit it to fielders or out fielders

Cricket_god said:
I do not think munaf can be dropped zaheer only provides one or two wickets upo front .when he comes back in second spell he does not look like taking wickets munaf is a match winner no way the team manage ment wil drop him
they will drop zaheer if needed.when irfan gets back in form we will have to drop a batsman in india on low slow batting tracks.irfan has a better future prospect than zaheer as zaheer is not able to swing it in consistently.if irfan gets his action sorted out .\\

Gambir should be tried as he cuts and pulls well and is aggressive atleast we wil be 50 for 1 not 14-1

An please do not overhype sreesanth he has still a lot to learn one .HE HAS BEEN BOWLING WELL hope it continous .

what the heck??? zaheer has been in very good form this match and tour. and obviously he has lot of experience. the combination of form and experience is a deadly mix. he also scored a useful 37 on a difficult batting track.

munaf now will find it tough to come back.

s2sschan said:
I would not play Harbhajan unless we get a turn-table, which is unlikely in South Africa.
We should definitely go with Zaheer, Sreesanth, Kumble, and Munaf for the rest of the tour.
I think it's too early to drop Jaffer after a couple of failures on a very difficult wicket. Let him play the whole series, then if he doesn't deliver, we are back to square one.
I don't really remember the last time India had decent openers. Opening has always been a problem in Indian Cricket.
As for Gambhir, he couldn't make it on Indian pitches Vs a modest Sri Lankan attack. What makes you guys think he's going to make it in SA?

I think Harbhajan might play at Cape Town which is expected to turn!

As for Gambhir, he is working on his game and has scored lots of runs in domestic cricket after being dropped. Why cant he get another chance? Dont you think the domestic bowlers know his weaknesses? Do you think they would have refrained from exploiting it?

saisrini80 said:
munaf now will find it tough to come back.

really? Have u forgotten the fact that Munaf was the only bowler who bolwed well when all others were struggling?

I wud agree Zaheer also regained his form back! Now i feel, Pathan is in trouble! VRV has long way to go still.. so Sree,Munaf and Zaheer combo wud go well in my opinion!

If Pathan comes back well, then we have to look for replacing any batsman only thinking that we are replacing an allrounder for a batsman which now sounds better! ;)

7 wickets down now! India need 3 more for a historic victory!

Oh! The way Pollock was going, I thought SA would even win this match! Thank god, Kumble got him. Come on India finish this game off early. Save us USA viewers of some well needed sleep.

kumble putting the rape on pollock. dumb thing to do really going so well on 40 but he decides to blow it away against one of three best spinners in the world.(warne murali and kumble)

yeah seroiuosly saisrini us viewers in america really needing our sleep almost 3:30 am where i live. india plz dont make this another west indies. you cannot let the tailenders make one run a nd bat 40 balls.

Pollock was giving us a few anxious moments.
Good that he threw it away.

VRV is getting no moment of the pitch or in the air.
As I speak, its 2 consecutive boundaries of 2 balls off VRV.

We must not get complacent here.
They are just 163 away .

Nel Vs Sreesanth will be good.
Munaf will not find it difficult to get into the side.
He will be preferred ahead of VRV and Irfan
Irfan has`nt looked test class with the ball.

Srinaath doing well aswell as Khan, who managed to give give gibbs a pair,

Srinaath doing well aswell as Khan, who managed to give give gibbs a pair :p

i dont know why sehwag is doing up close fielding he weighs about as much as powar

umm feelin blue i think its SreeSanth

Feelin Blue? said:
Srinaath doing well aswell as Khan, who managed to give give gibbs a pair,

Srinaath doing well aswell as Khan, who managed to give give gibbs a pair :p

Srinaath :what u mean Sreesanth.. Though its(Srinath) EAckt05 way of saying :)

Now Kumble shd finish off the tail.. he has the ability to do it! Comm'on Anil! :)

i still believe irfan will make it back into the team i mean were talking about irfan pathan. doesnt ne1 here remember the curly hair and the swing and the wickets and the batting of this young lad. i still believe that the reason hes going throught this is cause he shaved his head

Users who are viewing this thread