India in South Africa

hindustani said:
still hes not a full time bowler

I guess you know best. Afterall a full time bowler could never take 434 test wickets at just under 30 and 253 ODI wickets.

hindustani said:
i cant understand y india cant take their test victories to odis

Your talking to an England fan, so don't even get me started on that subject! :p

ofcourse a full time bowler could not take wutever stast you just posted :p

o yeah but england just suck in both forms tho now i guess. just kidding

:p :)

india should really end this now ive not even got school tomorrow but i still am kindof wanting to sleep

thx india for ruining my sleep

if our bowlers cant get nine down batsman god know wuts gonna happen when we face australia even the lowest order player can bat

wohoo, India won!

Now, most of us predicted a 3-0 whitewash, and look what has happened!

Interesting, Three teams set their opponents a target of 400 plus, and all those three teams won.

Fantastic effort from India, contributions from almost everyone, and you can't have a better place than to win in SA, for the first time!

hindustani said:
still hes not a full time bowler

good knowledge of yours on indian cricket! :rolleyes:

hindustani said:
and hey guess what dhoni is scared of the ball. and theres a new rule in cricket. dont catch
the ball.

you get really excited dont u? india got to take 10 wickets off 10 consecutive balls. hold onto all the half chances and no chances.....

hindustani said:
i cant understand y india cant take their test victories to odis

becoz they dont have the right team for the ODI's... ODi's might be a young man's sport as said by Lara, but it should be a blend of youth and experience.

Ganguly and Laxman should be brought back to the ODI side. and from now on, no worries for the next 8 ODI's. all are in india and that too against west indies and sri lanka. who knows? we might even crush them!

Quite a lot of crap posted in the last 2 pages about Kapil Dev not being a full-time bowler .
A great win today.
Must now look to carry on and win the series .
Must not throw it away like we did after the Adelaide test in 2003.

Dec 16th, 2003 -- India bt Australia by 6 wickets at Adelaide
Dec 18th, 2006 -- India bt SA by 123 runs at Jo`burg

I would like to ask all Indian supporters, which one means more to you ?

I feel both are very similar because we were expected to lose 4-0 then and we were expected to lose 3-0 before this series started.

Great win by the Indian team (cant call it Team India because Team India was under Ganguly and it needs some more victories like this for that term to truly come back)

Sreesanth did a dance after the win??? He has been the star of the show! Brilliant bowling and good aggressive attitude!

Rarely seen Rahul showing such emotions on the field! It obviously means a lot to him after all the drubbing in the ODI's and the reactions back home, the finger injury, etc.

But few more people deserve praise.

1. Saurav Ganguly - Oh come on! This victory owes him a lot! Gritty innings in the first innings, a cameo in the second. Excellent determination and a total change in attitude from this former captain. The change in the team's attitude could be again attributed to his gritty innings of 83 at Potchefstroom which sparked off all this change in fortunes!

2. VVS Laxman - Batted brilliantly in the second innings. Resumed service at the slips, taking good catches.

3. Zaheer Khan - He has truly come back in a royal manner. Is bowling a very good line and length, change in attitude, display of determination in ample amounts.

4. Sehwag - Great catching, THATS ALL

aditya123 said:
Quite a lot of crap posted in the last 2 pages about Kapil Dev not being a full-time bowler .
A great win today.
Must now look to carry on and win the series .
Must not throw it away like we did after the Adelaide test in 2003.

Dec 16th, 2003 -- India bt Australia by 6 wickets at Adelaide
Dec 18th, 2006 -- India bt SA by 123 runs at Jo`burg

I would like to ask all Indian supporters, which one means more to you ?

I feel both are very similar because we were expected to lose 4-0 then and we were expected to lose 3-0 before this series started.

I would say this win rates higher, because we were soundly thrashed in the ODI's in the same tour whereas we just came off directly and started off with the tests in Australia. And at that time under Ganguly's captaincy, the team was doing well unlike now when the team has been performing poorly under Dravid!

saisrini80 said:
and from now on, no worries for the next 8 ODI's. all are in india and that too against west indies and sri lanka. who knows? we might even crush them!
exactly.
This win might be in test cricket but this will really turn things around in ODI cricket as well.
Remember, it only takes a couple of ODIs to get back into good ODI form but it takes years to assemble a good test unit.

But it is a great way to end the year.
A decent performance at Durban will be great.

Another thing is that we may find the wickets becoming flatter in the next 2 games with SA having some batting problems and Munaf Patel expectd to b fit.

:happy Absolutely an Super win for India :happy Well done the entire team :clap Coach must be happy now after a long series of losses! ;)

The Aussie win is better, because
a) Less than 8 months back, we were soundly thrashed in the most prestigious day, by the same team, which won the world-cup.
b) We lost to them again, in the Tri-series in India.

Though Aussies were missing McGrath and Warne, they had the much stronger line-up, and we were facing follow-on at 85-4.

But this one's special, and special due to combined team effort. Everyone, except for Jaffar, played a big part, and this will be a huge confident boost to the team.

cricket_lover said:
wohoo, India won!

Now, most of us predicted a 3-0 whitewash, and look what has happened!

Interesting, Three teams set their opponents a target of 400 plus, and all those three teams won.

Fantastic effort from India, contributions from almost everyone, and you can't have a better place than to win in SA, for the first time!

Not most of us only emotional fans predicted 3-0 there was enough talent to give south africa a good fight for their money

Most of the critics favoured the SA's heavily, for a 3-0.

Its nice that the team proved them wrong. It'll hurt SA, and they'll come back much stronger. India might make way for Gambhir, replacing Jaffer, and either Pathan or MP will eye for the third seamer spot.

Users who are viewing this thread