India in South Africa

2 wickets for India now! SA are virtually 196-2 now (with the lead)

I quite dont like the body language of the Indians here. They dont seem to be looking positive. Even the celebrations for the wickets makes me feel if they have decided that this match is going to be either a draw or a loss!

Sreesanth gives a mark of respect to Hashim Amla after dismissing him? What for??

C'mon guys! 2 more wickets can now improve your chances even better! Be positive!

VRV looks good today. may be sreesanth now deserves a break! i think ganguly can sneak in a few overs or Anil Kumble!

Edit: What a stunning reply by Sreesanth! He was smacked for two consecutive fours! And third ball, he castles Smith, clean BOWLED!

Come on guys! You're doing it well so far.Two more wickets before lunch, 2 more! I think India can still fight back!

Hey guys, something is happening here! India are staging some sort of a fightback! South Africa 121-4 and Sreesanth has already picked up 3 wickets! First innings hero Ashwell Prince out for 0, caught by Ganguly in the slips!

Last edited:
Hey guys, my prediction is slowly looking like it will be vindicated (Touchwood)!

Kumble strikes 2nd ball into his spell today! South Africa 228-5 (with the lead!). India have picked up 5 wickets in the session so far for just 76 runs!

Superb so far! Come on India! Bowl SA out for a lead less than 275! I think we can do it, we can do it, we can DO IT!

Oh my goodness! I am not able to jump in my house! Parents are sleeping!

Superb stuff from India! Finally the commentators are hesitating to start to give credit to the Indians! Amazing turnaround this! India almost into the tail! SA 143-6 with Boucher LBW to Khan!

Come on India! Get them less than 275. I think India are back into this game! I think I can say it with more confidence now!

Last edited:
143/6 :happy

Kumble striked in first over... We are right back into this game :)

What a comeback by India really reduced SA now. One more wicket and they will be well and truely back in it. These two can bat though so India need to get one of these two.

oh damn! 49 runs partnership! come on india! we need to get them out for a lead below 300.

this match is now surely looking to throw up a result!

already 280 up now! India must try to get the remaining wickets within target of 320!

One wicket now wud turn the match. I predicted yestday that Hall wud stay for sometime with smashing from Pollock :D but both have stayed now maintaining patience.

Also, i thought kumble might finish the lower order.. Lets see! Sree, Khan and Kumble have to somehow bring 4 more wickets within 40 runs! Com'on India!

surendar said:
already 280 up now! India must try to get the remaining wickets within target of 320!

One wicket now wud turn the match. I predicted yestday that Hall wud stay for sometime with smashing from Pollock :D but both have stayed now maintaining patience.

Also, i thought kumble might finish the lower order.. Lets see! Sree, Khan and Kumble have to somehow bring 4 more wickets within 40 runs! Com'on India!

I think 340 has been chased on this ground!

Yeah anyways, India need to get the remaining wickets as soon as possible! The more they allow Pollock and Hall to play, the more dangerous it is for India!

Pollock was OUT before lunch, but not given. Another of the decisions gone against India!

Edit: I think this game has almost drifted apart from India! Batting looks so easy now for Pollock!

Hall out :happy dismissed by Sreesanth

Kumble has bowled superbly though!

EDIT :-
Now they have to three wickets within twenty runs which is still possible for India... Com'on Jumbo and Sree :happy

EDIT2 :- Pollock is shattering our hopes :( 228/7 with pollock 45* :mad:

Last edited:
Thats it! South Africa declare with India needing 354 to win!

I think its still a bold decision by Smith. What if the bad light decides not to come for the next two days and the rain decides to stay away? We could get 100 overs to bat for (and mind you, thats not the maximum possible).

If Sehwag gets a flying start, India can think of something special. but as often, whenever we place faith on Sehwag, he hurts us by failing miserably. So today, I place faith on another Sehwag failure. At least I wont get disappointed if he fails!

60% - South African win
30% - Draw
10% - India win

saisrini80 said:
If Sehwag gets a flying start, India can think of something special. but as often, whenever we place faith on Sehwag, he hurts us by failing miserably. So today, I place faith on another Sehwag failure. At least I wont get disappointed if he fails!

60% - South African win
30% - Draw
10% - India win

Unfortunately mate, Sehwag's second innings average is poor :( So i excluded him from my list itself.. Then whatever he does, even a one run wud be bonus :D

Jaffer, Dravid and Laxman are the three key players now becos they have the capacity to stay at the crease for long time.

Sachin and Sourav needs to support them. Well Sachin has the capacity to stay at the crease for long time too!

I dont think that we shd think win or draw now.. All we have to look is No wickets shd go today or at max sehwag's wicket. If we are able to do it, we wud be around 50 ( say 50/1) then tom morning session wud become a crucial session where we shd just make sure that we dont fall like SA did today!

Inspite all these calculations, draw is only looking possible or if it happens in reverse manner, SA win looks possible!

Tough time for India.. Lets fight back for Draw! Com'on India!:)

Breakthrough for South Africa and Sehwag's horrible form continues. I have to say I hope he re-discovers his touch for the World Cup because I want top see those fantastic innings that he used to play again.

Sehwag out! I guessed it right then. This is as expected.. so no suprise for India. Now its crucial for Dravid and Jaffer to spend the remaining time!

Same here! Now everyone will pull the curtains down and play for a draw.

But the worse thing is, they cant play like that and will end up losing the match!

I think both Jaffer and Dravid will be waiting for the umpires to offer light!

Users who are viewing this thread