India in South Africa

well they go to tea at 22/0. smith having survived so far...is he getting bak into form?

Sreesanth is going for runs... Now its time for Jumbo... He wud be very effective in last session.. Oh Dravid, bring Kumble on! Smith have already got two boundaries with 13* atm! India had to take atleast three wickets in this session!

EDIT : Dravid is doing wrong i guess... It shd be Kumble not VRV! Jumbo is expert in last session conditions! :mad: Already its going to be 50 runs partnership!

Last edited:
Cricketman93 said:
meh, 66/0 at the end, 154+ lead. curtains, lets pack up the shop and play for a draw.

Bad lights are helping us i guess!

Two days left and SA are leading by 154 runs. Prbly they wud be declaring before Tea tmrw getting some quick runs with target around 400!

With one day and one session prbly, Jaffer,Laxman and Dravid are the key players who have the capability to stay patient for long time with support needed from Sachin and Sourav.( Viru might look for aggressive start but its tough for him as he is struggling ) Then we cud go for a draw!

Also, around 20 overs, no Kumble so far.... VRV have gone for 20 from 2 overs. Munaf wud be sure to play instead of him in next test!

Where is the 90mph VRV that was hyped up, he is not swinging the ball or getting any fantastic line and length so pace is the way to go. The opposite is true for Munaf considering he manages to bowl good line and length with a bit of swing too.

Zaheer seems inspirational with the new ball and then falls to pieces, he needs to work on that more since he becomes a waste after the 20th over.

Sehwag needs to concentrate, he is being completely done over by playing foolishly, and I do not know why Ganguly was waiting around after playing one of the worst shots I have seen.

Tendulkar batted well, but again the cut was his enemy, if he is not chopping it on, he is edging the cut, they are his only two weaknesses and needs to work on them if he wants to be remembered as a great!

I think he will be remembered as a great whatever happens from now on!
It's tough for India. I can't see a draw as there is still a lot of time in this test match. SA have a huge lead now and I can't see India drawing or winning this game.

Hopefully India can show the fight they did in the last match, skittle out South Africa and then work hard to chase a total certain to be over 300.

Not good. Rain is forcasted for the next 2 days. This means South Africa have to score runs quickly, declare, and bowl out India quickly. Only about 150 or less overs likely in the game.
It could be a draw if India fight hard, even a win, but too bad they thre away all the advantage they had. First to Prince and Morkel in that partnership they had, and now. Dhoni was looking good, threw it away. Sachin was too cute. Ganguly didn't pick up the delivery, couldn't see it, but even then, he should have been assured in ducking. Kumble too, poor shot. Very dissapointed, all this experience and they threw it away.
VVS is doing very nicely though. But that last over, he took a single off the first ball and exposed VRV to 5 deliveries for Pollock. VRV fell on the fourth. Not good cricket. He should have done better. Who knows, he could have gathered another 10-15 crucial runs and eaten up another half an hour or so that way.

I think the best option for India in this game is a draw. Rain is forecast for the next two days and the bad light has been eating up lot of time in all the days so far.

South Africa, if they want to win, must set a target of less than 350 to make India think that its attainable. Smith has done it before against Australia when he made a sporting declaration with a lead of just around 300. With his team badly needing a win to have any hopes of winning the series, Smith has to do it again this time. A lead of 350 with a day and approx. 10-15 overs to go would be an option he has to consider.

Yes, it could help India also as they can think of an improbable win, but if Smith allows his batters to go on for long, he could help India shut shop and bat out for a draw. Remember, that rain and bad light are only going to help India. Its South Africa who have to make the moves from now on. India can also make things worse for them by bowling extremely well tomorrow and prising out wickets. Sreesanth and Khan are in good form, so I am hopeful of them doing well.

Lets see. As of now, South Africa are in the driving seat. A draw is the most likely option with a South African win and an Indian win following them in the respective order.

Well, brave batting by Sreesanth. We somehow seem to get a guy at the bottom who plays this cute little cameo. I lost hope when Zaks was out and went to sleep when the lead was 140+. But was happy to hear that it was just 88 runs lead. I badly wanted India to reduce the lead to below 100.

manee said:
Where is the 90mph VRV that was hyped up, he is not swinging the ball or getting any fantastic line and length so pace is the way to go. The opposite is true for Munaf considering he manages to bowl good line and length with a bit of swing too.

Zaheer seems inspirational with the new ball and then falls to pieces, he needs to work on that more since he becomes a waste after the 20th over.

Sehwag needs to concentrate, he is being completely done over by playing foolishly, and I do not know why Ganguly was waiting around after playing one of the worst shots I have seen.

Tendulkar batted well, but again the cut was his enemy, if he is not chopping it on, he is edging the cut, they are his only two weaknesses and needs to work on them if he wants to be remembered as a great!

Tendulkar tried one thing too many! Against a bowler like Ntini, he should not have played such a stupid shot.

Ganguly wasnt playing a shot at all. He was just trying to get his bat off the way but he was too late to react that the ball has kissed the bat before he could get it off the way. Thats what happened. He has played worser shots in his career. After the Jo'burg test, he is entitled for a single failure and I wouldnt blame him too much for it.

How many of you are predicting a big twist in the match today (4th day's play)???

I am one of them, predicting a big twist in the test match today! The Indian bowlers have always been on form. They were unlucky yesterday last session and it took Prince and Morkel's dogged resistance to take SA to that total of 328 in the first innings.

I am expecting heavily on the Indian bowlers to fire today. As usual, Zaks and 'Mr. Break Dancer' are going to be at it again! India should attack from the word GO tomorrow. A draw should not even touch their sub-conscious mind yet! They have to play to WIN! I know they can! Something gives me the confidence that this team can do it today!

Cant wait for the action to unfold!

saisrini80 said:
How many of you are predicting a big twist in the match today (4th day's play)???

As usual, Zaks and 'Mr. Break Dancer' are going to be at it again!

Cant wait for the action to unfold!

i am predicting a big twist too... But i am expecting more from Kumble than ZK and Sree! May be 6 wkts from Kumble ;)

But if bowlers fail in the first session, as i already said, Target around 400 wud apply pressure on us!

manee said:

He was bowling at 140-145 but he is not a swing bowler the ball he bowled to A.B was a snorter wish somebody caught that.Ithink he is going to get 5 wickets today the pitch is now a bouncy one with more help for seam bowlers like him i tink we should be able to chase any thing under 300 as its one of the best chasing grounds and watching sachin he is looking very very very.... good.Sourav will also be fuming at his dismissal :D

SA hold all the aces now.
The runs are coming far too quickly now.
Time to bring Kumble onto the attack.
I bet we`ll see bad light coming into play around tea time.

Users who are viewing this thread