India in the West Indies

sohum, I think u forgot a decent opner called Sachin Tendulkar there.
He should b back way before the world cup and I expect him to be right back in form.

True, he fell below my gaze. :D I guess we'll play all three openers in our squads in all ODI tussles from now on, and then we will have three solid options available at all times.

I personally think that the selectors are acting really gay by not giving R.Uthappa a chance to continue batting. I feel that uthappa would have been better choice for tests rather that W. Jaffer. also now that Kaif and Sehwag both have found their form; the indian team does not have open slots for new batsmen. i felt that Uthappa sould have been picked for this tour. all i am waiting for is another century from Dravid in the tests and Pathan finding his bowling form again for the tests.

West Indies 207-4.

Considering that this pitch is a 250 one, they still need 43 runs off 4.5 overs to get to 250. If India can restrict them to below 250, I feel they have a chance of winning today.

India need to send Dhoni up the order today and let him try out his fireworks in the final match of the series and spoil Lara's farewell (at his home ground).

andyptl18 said:
I personally think that the selectors are acting really gay by not giving R.Uthappa a chance to continue batting. I feel that uthappa would have been better choice for tests rather that W. Jaffer. also now that Kaif and Sehwag both have found their form; the indian team does not have open slots for new batsmen. i felt that Uthappa sould have been picked for this tour. all i am waiting for is another century from Dravid in the tests and Pathan finding his bowling form again for the tests.

Jaffer has done really well against England in the test matches that were played recently. He deserves to retain his spot as the test opener. And Sehwag as an opener allows the team to have better middle order batsmen. Uthappa is not suited for tests yet. He is not good off the backfoot which is so important for the test matches

saisrini80 said:
Uthappa is not suited for tests yet. He is not good off the backfoot which is so important for the test matches

true, I would never play uthappa on slow pitches, he doesn't know that back foot shots exists.

its good to hear that Sehwag bowled superbly... i think they missed him bowling in previous matches!!!!!

They tried using him in Game 2, I think, but he was attacked so vociferously that that they thought otherwise.

Wavell hinds opens the bowling!! And gets Uthappa out for a duck!! And Dhoni walks in at 3...

This is nonsense yaar!! Dhoni is gone and that too, to a part time bowler like Wavell Hinds.

This game is headed for a resounding West Indian victory! I am damn sure the Indians have lost every small inch of the confidence that they accquired with those dream run of victories in the subcontinent. Now they are being reduced to paupers by this resurgent but beatable West Indian team!

Come the test series, West Indies can really be very optimistic. I hear that some Indian fans feel West Indies are not capable of getting 20 wickets to win tests. But the Indians are capable of gifting their 20 wickets away! This looks like another disastrous West Indian tour to me! Hope I am proved wrong!

THE CONDITIONS CERTAINLY IS A MAJOR CAUSE FOR THE INDIANS POOR RUN!

saisrini80 said:
This is nonsense yaar!! Dhoni is gone and that too, to a part time bowler like Wavell Hinds.

This game is headed for a resounding West Indian victory! I am damn sure the Indians have lost every small inch of the confidence that they accquired with those dream run of victories in the subcontinent. Now they are being reduced to paupers by this resurgent but beatable West Indian team!

Come the test series, West Indies can really be very optimistic. I hear that some Indian fans feel West Indies are not capable of getting 20 wickets to win tests. But the Indians are capable of gifting their 20 wickets away! This looks like another disastrous West Indian tour to me! Hope I am proved wrong!

THE CONDITIONS CERTAINLY IS A MAJOR CAUSE FOR THE INDIANS POOR RUN!

Well....everyone were telling uthappa..uthappa... but he has gone for duck too.....

I agree with u that if they continue with this standard...they are sure to gift their wickets!!!!!

May be due to the fact that Indians are finding difficult to adapt to WI natural conditions.....

Sehwag and Yuvraj seem to be on the verge of building a partnership here.

Sehwag 49* which is pretty decent so far, but I will accept this as satisfying only if he reaches a 100 which should almost win it for India here! If he can do it for India here, I think I would term it really satisfying.

Dravid fails again! What has happened to Dravid after that 105 in the first game?

surendar said:
Well....everyone were telling uthappa..uthappa... but he has gone for duck too.....

I agree with u that if they continue with this standard...they are sure to gift their wickets!!!!!

May be due to the fact that Indians are finding difficult to adapt to WI natural conditions.....

Uthappa needs lot of time to work on his game and be a permanent member to the Indian team!

Its quite hot in West Indies but its not as hot and humid as the subcontinent is (it must be almost 100*F in the subcontinent now whearas it must be 85-90 here in the West Indies). Also in India, its dusty and sticky and you wont find that in the Windies. But this is no excuse. India have to do well everywhere!

Uthappa--poor guy. He is given one game--that too in a dead rubber. And there he is gone second ball. Hopefully he revives his career, and plays well in the domestic leagues. Its rest time anyway, now, innit?

Dave Mohammad looks dangerous because of his googly. It is important for Yuvi and Sehwag to keep rotating the strike against him, instead of allowing him to get on top of them. Yuvi has looked in great touch--especially if we are to go by his timing. The two at the crease need to make sure the partnership is alive for as long as possible, even if the run rate slows down a bit.

It's a little harsh to judge Dravid's performance today. Although he could have made a better effort while running, he was run out off a brilliant piece of fielding. My question is why can the Indians never get direct hits in any required situation? The drought of direct hits and the overall sappy fielding has cost them a lot in this series. West Indies have been simply brilliant in the field after the first game.

This is going to be close. Yuvraj has just gone, and although they are well ahead of the run-rate if Sehwag, Raina and Kaif all go before 200 then this match is put into context.

Users who are viewing this thread