India in the West Indies

Good on Jaffers, hes definitely India new open for some time.
On the slow scorers they are in between fast scorers like Sehwag, Yuvraj and Dhoni which is usually what most teams do.
India now have the right combo out there with a fast and slow scorer at the crease.

Well my crazy prediction was wrong - Jaffer didn't get 401 :p

Well Dhoni and Kaif are forming another decent partnership here - and India will get 500+ for sure now - extending their lead further as they have full control over the result now.

Jaffer would never had made 401 as India are trying to win the game now draw it like Lara was :)

India will have to bowl really well to win this one but the Windies don't have a rock solid batting lineup like India do so they could be very suspect in the 4th inns with Kumble with his leggies on a last day wicket.

Dhoni has gone beserk. Three sixes so far, including two in a row off Mohammed. Really entertaining stuff...

EDIT: Make that 6 sixes, he has just whacked three in a row off Mohammed!! He is on 70 off just 50 balls, amazing stuff!

Dhoni has gone beserk at Antigua, its raining sixes over there. Wonderful partnership, credit to Dhoni and Kaif. They kept their cool, and attacked when it mattered.

Dhoni could have been out but 3rd umpire is saying the catch was inconclusive. What drama, now Lara is saying his player did catch it and the umpires having a talk with the batsmen. Dhoni allowed to carry on, Lara not happy at all.

Gotta feel for Mohammed hes getting hammered by Kaif and Dhoni, probably time to remove him and bring someone else on.

Wow a 200, thats quite some achievement. Good on him. I almost took him for FC too, GRRRR! Dhoni is doing great, hes turning a huge lead very quickly into an impossible one.

West Indies have thrown it away.

Dravid has decleared after this incident. West Indies need 391 runs to win in just over a day. It'll take some Gayle magic for the Windies to get to this total.

I think they have. A lead of 400 is almost impossible, and WI on the backfoot. If they can withstand the pressure, and keep up wickets, they might give it a try.

But kudos to Indian batsmen, everyone contributed when it mattered. I hope they do not get this far, and instead score in the first innings itself.

:( a complete muck-up with the Dhoni shot means the show ends early :(. Would of been great to see if he could get 31 off the over. Tough total for the Windies, but this is the flattest pitch in the Carribean

Lol Dhoni has now accepted the fielders word and has been given out. Mohammed gets his 3rd wicket of the inns which is well deserved for him staying in there even after all the stick he was getting.

aussie1st said:
Dravid has decleared after this incident. West Indies need 391 runs to win in just over a day. It'll take some Gayle magic for the Windies to get to this total.

Lara has 375 and his 400 on this ground.

vs an inexperienced Indian pace attack.

I wouldn't rule out WIndies on this pitch completely, although India are massive favourites, about 70-30 imo.

What's the score?

CricInfo is running like a flattened Hedgehog and ECB is always off the pace.

I don't think he earned those wickets, considering all three batsmen three their wickets, its still some sort of consolidation for the young man.

Good innings from Dhoni. Will Dravid declare? or get the lead past 400?

Man, I wished I could have seen this happening. I've just been reading this on cricinfo and cricbuzz. Play was halted for about 15-20 minutes!

Users who are viewing this thread