India in the West Indies

Muhammad Asif said:
i dont think that tendulkar is still playing for india

tendulkar got better fitness than zaheer khan are you kidding with planet cricket members ;)

Tendulkar has better fiitness levels than Zaheer.
Muhammad Asif said:
my advice to wi would be to make grassy pitches for indain bats man in order to win against india

I don't think they can win on grassy pitches from India too, atleast ODI :happy

I just hope Munaf Recovers well :upray

blackleopard92 said:
Tendulkar has better fiitness levels than Zaheer.

I don't think they can win on grassy pitches from India too, atleast ODI :happy

I just hope Munaf Recovers well :upray

On grassy pitches with lateral movement, any team will struggle, let alone India! India also have the fast bowling to knock other teams out on grassy pitches.

It pitches that offer good bounce that proves to be the undoing for the Indian batsmen. Still they are susceptile to bounce as most of them dont have the proper technique to face such deliveries. But in West Indies except Barbados and Jamaica, other venues are slow and low. Indians might struggle in both the mentioned venues where they failed last time too to lose the series after going 1-0 up.

The pitches in the West-Indies arent really different from that in India,the amount of bounce may be slightly higher,but the amount of swing/seam is nowhere as compared as to other places such as South Africa or Australia.Id say that India are odd's on favorites for the series.In the last series they lacked the self belief and team spirit after going one up,maybe due to the long time that they hadnt won a overseas tournament.Also we should take into account that West Indies are a lot weaker than the last time India visited them.

sid_19840 said:
The pitches in the West-Indies arent really different from that in India,the amount of bounce may be slightly higher,but the amount of swing/seam is nowhere as compared as to other places such as South Africa or Australia.Id say that India are odd's on favorites for the series.In the last series they lacked the self belief and team spirit after going one up,maybe due to the long time that they hadnt won a overseas tournament.Also we should take into account that West Indies are a lot weaker than the last time India visited them.

wi are visutors like india and they wistendesian only play well at home so it will be difficult to beat them there
pak alos strugle in wi last year alot will depend on tosses for india i think.

5 day of tedt match kumle ca do alot damage to wi ;)

saisrini80 said:
On grassy pitches with lateral movement, any team will struggle, let alone India! India also have the fast bowling to knock other teams out on grassy pitches.

It pitches that offer good bounce that proves to be the undoing for the Indian batsmen. Still they are susceptile to bounce as most of them dont have the proper technique to face such deliveries. But in West Indies except Barbados and Jamaica, other venues are slow and low. Indians might struggle in both the mentioned venues where they failed last time too to lose the series after going 1-0 up.

not every team only india strugle
only bowlers like pathan can do alot of damage early on ;)
we saw what happened to zaher and rps at karachi

and dont push hard every one knows indias bats man can not play well on grassy pitches i know that because i watched alot of hindi channesl and listen to indian former crikters and tht was the reason india lost the third test from pak... bye ;)

Last edited:
By all accounts India should cruise this series. The Windies are a poor side at the moment, lacking in experience and quality. Their domestic cricket is a bit of a mess and half the talent is for some reason dissapearing instead of blossoming.

Whilst I, and I am sure most Cricket fans in the world, would love to see the Windies begin to re-establish themselves on the World stage it is not something that will happen over night. As the likes of Basketball become the lucrative money earner so in turn does their stock of potential players diminish.

Bravo at the moment is one of the rare shining lights in that he has talent, and seems to be adapting to International Cricket. Although he is hardly an advert for the development of talent in the Windies at the moment as he was going to be a footballer and at the age of around 15-16 played cricket for the first time, and turned out to be pretty good.

I would expect the likes of Dravid, Yuvraj and Sehwag to get involved in the runs this series whilst Kumble and Pathan will more than likely be the major wicket takers. Considering Gareth Batty bowled fairly well on England A's recent tour Bhaji may also find himself in amongst the wickets.

All in all I can not see the Windies being anywhere near good enough for India, although for the sake of cricket and an entertaining spectacle I hope they prove me wrong and serve up one of those tasty slices of humble pie that I do so much enjoy eating.

puddleduck said:
By all accounts India should cruise this series. The Windies are a poor side at the moment, lacking in experience and quality. Their domestic cricket is a bit of a mess and half the talent is for some reason dissapearing instead of blossoming.

Whilst I, and I am sure most Cricket fans in the world, would love to see the Windies begin to re-establish themselves on the World stage it is not something that will happen over night. As the likes of Basketball become the lucrative money earner so in turn does their stock of potential players diminish.

Bravo at the moment is one of the rare shining lights in that he has talent, and seems to be adapting to International Cricket. Although he is hardly an advert for the development of talent in the Windies at the moment as he was going to be a footballer and at the age of around 15-16 played cricket for the first time, and turned out to be pretty good.

I would expect the likes of Dravid, Yuvraj and Sehwag to get involved in the runs this series whilst Kumble and Pathan will more than likely be the major wicket takers. Considering Gareth Batty bowled fairly well on England A's recent tour Bhaji may also find himself in amongst the wickets.

All in all I can not see the Windies being anywhere near good enough for India, although for the sake of cricket and an entertaining spectacle I hope they prove me wrong and serve up one of those tasty slices of humble pie that I do so much enjoy eating.

bangladesh were alos very poor side and they gave though time to aus at there home ground ;)

india will win for sure but they will face some difficulties to beat wi ;)

Last edited:
Muhammad Asif said:
bangladesh is alos very poor side and the gave though time to aus at there home ground
;)

For the first test only and in reality only 3/5 days of it. After that and with the Aussies mentally and physically refocussed it was far from close. This is the same tough time that saw nightwatchman Dizzy score 201*

End of the day test cricket is played over 5 days and over 5 days I can not see Windies bowling attack causing the Indians enough problems to bowl them out twice, or Indias spin twins struggling against anyone bar Lara who burdened once again with captaincy may find his form suffers. If he doesn't get runs then the Windies are quite literally facing a 95mph bowler on an uncovered pitch without padding, a bat and worst of all a box, so in simple English - screwed.

Muhammad Asif said:
india will win for sure but they will face some difficulties to beat wi ;)

I hope they do, I find nothing more interesting than an evenly constested Test Match and all it's machinations.

Muhammad Asif said:
wi are visutors like india and they wistendesian only play well at home so it will be difficult to beat them there

and dont push hard every one knows indias bats man can not play well on grassy pitches i know that because i watched alot of hindi channesl and listen to indian former crikters and tht was the reason india lost the third test from pak... bye ;)

Karachi was not your Perth or Barbados. It was juicy for only the first day. After that, it offered lot of swing for the bowlers, but yeah the Indian batsmen accustomed to the batting pancakes in the first two tests, completely lost the plot in Karachi. But that doesnt make them always bad against swinging deliveries

saisrini80 said:
Karachi was not your Perth or Barbados. It was juicy for only the first day. After that, it offered lot of swing for the bowlers, but yeah the Indian batsmen accustomed to the batting pancakes in the first two tests, completely lost the plot in Karachi. But that doesnt make them always bad against swinging deliveries

when did i said that karachi was my perth or barbados ;)
you can not prepare the same pitches like perth in pak beause of the conditions ;)
and the pitch was juisy for only two days not 1 day ok
pak batted 1 an a half day and posted huge total on the board to get india under pressure

then on 4 day pitch got worst again for batting and started to suppot fast bowlers
thats was the reason india lost the match
i remembered few years back used to be horrible at savivg test matches on day 4 or day 5 and now days they are doing good job than india in test matches and india also needs to be care full about that in wi

bye take care ;)

Last edited:
Muhammad Asif said:

Well dude, it'll be great if you can type more formally. Its a bit hard to understand that post.

I agree partly with you, India tends to struggle on bouncy wickets. I don't think swing is a big concern for them, its just bounce that has troubled them.

And there are reasons. They haven't played on bouncy tracks for a long time now, its either in the sub-continent or places like Zimbabwe. This goes both for tests and ODI's. That is one reason why i think India should develop more bouncy/grassy wickets to get the team acclimitized to such a surface when they do play abroad.

But not just India, Pakistan and SL too have failed to make impact on grassy/bouncy wickets, against decent opposition. Pak. have had reasonable success against NZ and WI, but at that time...they were decent/below-par teams. It would be different if they face NZ in NZ now.

These conditions will suit Bhajji more than Kumble, but i'm sure jumbo will still be a threat, considering his variations that he developed in the recent years.

Anybody know the names of the Windies Pace Bowlers?
There was a time when the Windies Pace Battery batterred batsmen all over the world. It's sad today I don't even know anything about any Windies Pace Bowler except that according to Bob Willis, even his mom can score a century against Cullymore.

mannnn.........watching the matches will be hard.....staying awake till 3 am :eek: Still it will help me get used to seeing the World Cup. :D

my predictions

dhoni will score 200 in wi

dravid will break lara record of highest test score

irfan pathn will take four wickets in one over and will mak lara fall on his knees

Last edited:
I don't know whats more sad. Your spelling or your predictions.

Users who are viewing this thread