India Team Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hope the rift is all made up and he can be retained.
Damage has already been done. The fact that it's in the news makes it irreparable. I do agree with you though on Sehwag. He definitely should not be considered for that role. He is not coach material.

toecrusher71

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think kumble is too good a gentlemen to be involved in such a thing. Just speculations mere speculations !!!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sehwag for coach? Big LOL!........ Anyway, Kumble has always been looking a gentleman throughout his career and as analyst as well. Wonder what is making Indian players uncomfortable working with him.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
From Guha's strongly worded letter, seems like things has not changed at all within the BCCI. And the incoming CoA does not seem to be intent on improving things.

There's obscene amounts of money at stake there. And our DNA does not allow us to act responsibly when such amounts of money are at play.

Giving the job to Sehwag would be a joke. The guy has ZERO coaching experience. Hasn't even coached a domestic team or an IPL team. "Mentoring" is not the same as being a full time coach.

I hope good sense will prevail.

I don't know how much of the Kohli-Kumble rift is true. But it will be disappointing to see Jumbo leave as the coach, especially when we have done well under him. Hope the rift is all made up and he can be retained.

Sehwag has been a comedian on Twitter, who many a times is not taken seriously. A guy like that is surely not worth being risked for the job of a coach of possibly the most controversial side in the world, who is always looked at from the deepest of microscopes.

S

Satan666

I think kumble is too good a gentlemen to be involved in such a thing. Just speculations mere speculations !!!

Yeah thats got me thinking also. @SaiSrini indicated the BCCI are the ones that want rid of Kumble and they seem to be using Kholi to effect that!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While Kumble was an absolute gentleman when playing the game, a couple of my friends who played for Karnataka state level tell tales of how Jumbo was very intimidating when they used to practice. He was very "headmasterly" it seems - wanted players to behave properly, i.e. always be in proper cricket attire, be overly respectful to seniors, etc. Not very approachable and a very no-nonsense guy. This was 5-10 years back. People get fussier with age. Now pit this against Kohli's mentality of "expressing yourself" and I can see how there might have been some issues there :spy:

Dravid on the other hand was everyone's favorites. He would just loan or even give off his kit items (bat, gloves, pads, etc) to the guys he thought were playing well as rewards and was always up for a chat

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
From Guha's strongly worded letter, seems like things has not changed at all within the BCCI. And the incoming CoA does not seem to be intent on improving things.

There's obscene amounts of money at stake there. And our DNA does not allow us to act responsibly when such amounts of money are at play.

Sehwag has been a comedian on Twitter, who many a times is not taken seriously. A guy like that is surely not worth being risked for the job of a coach of possibly the most controversial side in the world, who is always looked at from the deepest of microscopes.

Perhaps that's what's needed. Not to be taken seriously as a coach.

I personally feel Kohli and Kumble don't need to be a married couple. The results are there to be seen and they should find a pro way to co-exist if there is an issue in the first place!!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
To be honest, I was actually quite surprised when Kumble got the job last time. Especially considering that Kumble was not even in the shortlist that was originally chosen and the Big Tom Moody was in the shortlist. I frankly felt that Tom Moody was robbed of the job there. Considering the amount of experience Tom Moody has with coaching and management. I don't know what's going on inside the dressing room but I do feel that Kumble does deserve an extension because I don't feel you can left him stranded at this position when he has won everything apart from T20 series against WI. He clearly has a vision of how he wants to move this team forward especially when we travel overseas so he deserves an opportunity to showcase that. However, as I said, if the players are not happy and someone like Tom Moody is there as his competition, he will have a difficult time to regain the job.

B

Bigby Wolf

I am sure atleast two of Ganguly, Tendulkar and Laxman will reject Sehwag. They might be friends off the field, but these three should have Indian cricket's best interests in mind. Also with Kumble in the official coach race again (by virtue of re-applying), it would be impossible for these three to pick Sehwag.

News is emanating that Kohli has not specifically said that he does not want to work with Kumble. Which tells that Kumble might likely be retained and even be given the contract till 2019 World Cup. Maybe Kumble might slightly change his style of communication, but I think Kumble will stay on.

can we please appropriate thread for appropriate topics/discussions.

B

Bigby Wolf

Viu

What the Duck!? Season 2 with Vikram Sathye - A very good show to watch out for for Indian cricket fans.Episode featuring R Ashwin ,some interesting anectodes of Sehwag and Srikanth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread