Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nothing will be served to the ECB. They'll get their money back. BCCI will play the one-off test and help get the money back. Maybe they will even send Indian players to "The Hundred" next year to massively boost the Hundred's commercial value. Already there are talks about how we can reciprocate the gesture that England did in 2008 when the terror attacks happened in India, and yet England stayed back and played.

Its time other boards press the squeeze on the BCCI to make them send Indian players to overseas leagues. There is a clear opportunity to be utilized!

Work on developing your own markets if you want the BCCI's power to lose its hold.
Yes, let's just multiply our populations to 1 billion each :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yes, let's just multiply our populations to 1 billion each :p

Ain't that already happening? :p :lol

On a serious note though - Yes, it is about the MO-NEY! Cricket is a "for-profit" business run by private entities. To expect private entities to prioritize anything other than "money", is like living in a fool's world.

Its easier for me for talk like this because of my overall detachment from test cricket (I have no attachment or passion towards test cricket anymore; I tune in to it on the 4th and 5th days of an India test match, and that too only if things are heading up for an exciting finish). I can see how people attached to test cricket, would react (I am seeing it here).

B

Bigby Wolf

(I have no attachment or passion towards test cricket anymore; I tune in to it on the 4th and 5th days of an India test match, and that too only if things are heading up for an exciting finish). I can see how people attached to test cricket, would react (I am seeing it here).
Well the quite the opposite for me.

Bilaterals T20s are absolutely meaningless for me, ODIs still the most boring of the rest 2 International format.

Test cricket is where I feel the current Indian team performs really well yeah you can cite out the common obvious blaring mistakes that this team does but it does the same in the other 2 format as well.

But the way this team has played makes one to watch this exciting brand of cricket especially by the bowlers (who were superb in last overseas cycle) as well is making tests truly exciting to watch.

B

Bigby Wolf

Well the quite the opposite for me.

Bilaterals T20s are absolutely meaningless for me, ODIs still the most boring of the rest 2 International format.

Test cricket is where I feel the current Indian team performs really well yeah you can cite out the common obvious blaring mistakes that this team does but it does the same in the other 2 format as well.

But the way this team has played makes one to watch this exciting brand of cricket especially by the bowlers (who were superb in last overseas cycle) as well is making tests truly exciting to watch.
And yeah the IPL for me has not interest at all maybe for you guys to see MS but to be brutally brutally honest he is done & dusted.

WT20 an international tournament makes it exciting to watch but given an option would rather watch a Test match or series than the former.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
And yeah the IPL for me has not interest at all maybe for you guys to see MS but to be brutally brutally honest he is done & dusted.

WT20 an international tournament makes it exciting to watch but given an option would rather watch a Test match or series than the former.

I watch non-CSK games in the IPL too. I can watch a non-India game in T20I's too. I just dont have the patience or the interest to follow every single day of a test match anymore (and that too, only for India games). First 3 days, its Cricinfo all the way. If the game spices up, I tune in towards the 4th or 5th day to the live streaming.

Anyways, I would possibly be one of the few wildcards from the test cricket generation, that doesn't share the enthusiasm for test cricket. When I did have the passion for test cricket, India never performed that well. Now that I have lost the attachment for tests, India are performing really well. But no matter how hard I try, this team doesn't ignite my passion.

Totally agree.

And yet the biggest irony is,

BCCI, the richest cricket board in the world,
is officially a Not for Profit Organization.

They must be trying to use that loophole to gain some benefits of being "non-profit".
:p
They are still a private entity; they have vehemently refused to come under the umbrella of the "RTI" (Right to Information) act of the Indian government.

P.s: I am sorry if the discussion here went off topic, but since the tour is officially over and I had some time to kill.... :D

B

Bigby Wolf

I watch non-CSK games in the IPL too. I can watch a non-India game in T20I's too. I just dont have the patience or the interest to follow every single day of a test match anymore (and that too, only for India games). First 3 days, its Cricinfo all the way. If the game spices up, I tune in towards the 4th or 5th day to the live streaming.

Anyways, I would possibly be one of the few wildcards from the test cricket generation, that doesn't share the enthusiasm for test cricket. When I did have the passion for test cricket, India never performed that well. Now that I have lost the attachment for tests, India are performing really well. But no matter how hard I try, this team doesn't ignite my passion.

They must be trying to use that loophole to gain some benefits of being "non-profit".
:p
They are still a private entity; they have vehemently refused to come under the umbrella of the "RTI" (Right to Information) act of the Indian government.

P.s: I am sorry if the discussion here went off topic, but since the tour is officially over and I had some time to kill.... :D
Fair Enough.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
5th Test or not, I have to say Ind v Eng has become a bit of an overkill nowadays. The English Test side isn't as exciting as their ODI/ Australians and to have to play them the entire year over 9 Tests is an eye sore of sorts. It reminds me of the Ind v SRL we used to have in the run up to the ICC CWC 2011. I had even jokingly remarked that in the event of an Ind v SRL final, the spectators would probably get bored. To top it, there's another Ind v Eng tour scheduled next year.

So to think about not taking field in a decider would mean a whole lot of rubbish!

See, I get the point of mental fatigue and all. But, in such a case, players should open up and speak about this directly. The other thing- the IPL- its getting bashed cause of the actions of the franchisees who have flown their players out within 2 hours of the test cancellation. Such behaviour forces people to think differently.

To come to the point above- yes, we have fought well in all series so far, but the joke is hat deciders and India never end well!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When I blamed IPL, I was not blaming IPL in itself but actually pointing fingers at Shah Jr and Dada for the shitty scheduling that was done by them.

At a time when tournaments are being scheduled with plenty of buffer in case of such incidents happening, we have squeezed in IPL part 2 in between a high profile India-Eng series and the T20 World Cup, and squeezed it in so tight, that we did not even get one day of buffer to make the match happen, robbing us of a chance to win a Test series in England after such a long time. So much for "saving test cricket' - its like wringing the neck with tears in eyes. You could just stop strangling it, you know?

Now if the match is rescheduled, we will almost surely lose that game. One of the reasons we did well was all the time we had for acclimatisation. Pretty sure we wont have that luxury for a one off game. And then the same

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, we have let go of our best chance of winning a series in England in over a decade. Surely ECB won't be in favour of keeping the scoreline as is and mark the series as complete. It wouldn't be fair to them too. That would most certainly mean either a forfeit from India, which means the series ends with a 2-2 scoreline, or a reschedule. It goes without saying that a reschedule is as good as a India loss. This was a fantastic series as a viewer. It had more ups and downs than a roller coaster. So it's very unfortunate that it had to come down to this.

And sorry, do not agree with the notion that IPL didn't have any hand in the cancellation of the 5th Test. It 100% had a major influence, if not the only one, as far as the decision to cancel the Test goes. The thought of the mandatory quarantine, should a player test Positive, was a high risk, high reward proposition, and BCCI decided to play it safe. Imagine Kohli/Bumrah/Rohit/Pant sitting out the first half of the 2nd leg of the IPL and you would understand the "why" part.

On an unrelated note, could @WutUpMahGlipGlops and @Bigby Wolf please advise me on the next month's lottery ticket numbers please :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread