India in England/Ireland/Scotland

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Schedule

23rd June: ODI v Ireland at Stormont, Belfast

Note: There will be a separate thread for the India v South Africa ODI series in Belfast and the India v Pakistan ODI in Glasgow

7th July: 3 day match v Sussex at Hove
13th July: 3 day match v England A at Chelmsford
19th July: 1st Test at Lord's
27th July: 2nd Test at Trent Bridge
9th August: 3rd Test at The Oval
16th August: ODI v Scotland at Titwood, Glasgow
18th August: 1 day match v England A at Northampton
21st August: 1st ODI v England at The Rose Bowl (Day/Night)
24th August: 2nd ODI v England at Bristol (Day/Night)
27th August: 3rd ODI v England at Edgbaston
30th August: 4th ODI v England at Old Trafford (Day/Night)
2nd September: 5th ODI at Headingley
5th September: 6th ODI at The Oval
8th September: 7th ODI at Lord's

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is going to be a testing away tour for India. Pathan is vital i feel where conditions might suit him! I wud have liked to see a tri series rather than 7 ODIs.. Still India's win in Natwest series remain as classic one :cool:

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ahh. this is not only going to test the youngsters of India but also will question the legends. I think sourav and Sachin will perform very well. Both will have atleast one hundred.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Its gonna be a test against England but the youngsters will get a ineresting test against the accosicates.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
The way India played against Bangladesh, it seems that they havent really improved. So it will be a tough series for them.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
The way India played against Bangladesh, it seems that they havent really improved. So it will be a tough series for them.

If you meant the bowling department, i second that view. :cool: Yet to see Sharma though... And Pathan... hope they pick him.. conditions might help to get his swing back!

But in batting, there are some promising signs from Karthik. Dravid,Sachin and Sourav in fine form too... Especially, Dravid.. i like to see him getting a big 200 in England :D

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I was talking about the batting in one dayers. In tests our batting was good, but it was against Bangladesh, so we cant read much into that.
The bowling was really disappointing, but i didnt expect much from them considering that Kumble wasnt bowling.
Overall I cant say much until India play a couple of matches against England.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I was talking about the batting in one dayers. In tests our batting was good, but it was against Bangladesh, so we cant read much into that.
The bowling was really disappointing, but i didnt expect much from them considering that Kumble wasnt bowling.
Overall I cant say much until India play a couple of matches against England.
Well if we are saying it was "only Bangladesh", we can also say it's "only England". England's bowling has been struggling from injuries, lack of experience and lack of form and there's nothing to say that they won't have a strong bowling line-up when we come up against them. Also, I don't expect players like Mongia to be taken on this tour.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Posted first by me on cricketweb and using quote from India Vs Bangladesh thread to help too.

Zaheer Khan needs to be kept with for the England tour. He had a great season last year for Worcestershire, and he's your only proven bowler who can bowl in English conditions. When you come here, he should head your attack.

My theory is that you cannot drive through the line in English conditions due to the movement so most runs must come off shocking deliveries. Consequently, Munaf Patel's deadly accuracy (as much as I hate him) must be included in the team to prevent any runs being conceded whatsoever off at least one bowler. Kumble's accuracy and variations in pace will also be handy considering English batsman would have rarely played leg spinners in English cricket.

I don't think Chawla should play since English conditions will not help him massively. However, on the other hand, he bowls with a straight seam (like a pacer) spinning sideways. On English green pitches, this may extract turn at irregular intervals, I have never seen anything like it, so I don't know how it will react. Maybe he should be taken and tested in long spells in the nets. He could fill the all rounder role well, but is he too young.

I think Zaheer Khan (does anyone know stats for his stay at Worcestershire) must bowl since he has experience in England playing all over England for his county. He bowls good lines and really seems deadly with the new ball, in English conditions he could destroy batting line ups.

A key to India's victory should be to look at obvious weaknesses of batsman. Cook is a compulsive cutter, so you should attack the stumps at a full length against him and maybe someone like Sreesanth with pace and swing should give him the odd bit of width to let him try his luck. Kumble bowling tight lines should be able to shut up his scoring.

I believe India's batting should be very very cautious against England against anything which is a good ball or average ball. From Harmison and Plunkett, you will get more than a fair amount of rubbish bowling to dispatch and if Hoggard or especially Sidebottom stray on the pads, it could be runs galore for wristy Indian batsman.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
i hope to see england have their full strength bwowling line up
simon jones just needs to get his bowling form by just bowling in county.
i dont expect india to put up much of a fight in the test matches but for odi'si can see england just edging it
harmison will torture tendulkar with his steep bouncers cos the way mortaza had tendulkar jumping around i can imagine harmy boncing him out

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
We should win the tests comfortabely, our bowling attack will be fully fit and we have plenty of options. Bangladesh were a decent attack but England are a different class.

India's batting is their obvious strong point, their seam bowling seams very similar like the current West Indies line-up playing now. Kumble will be key for any bowling success, India will need condition to go his way.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
We should win the tests comfortabely, our bowling attack will be fully fit and we have plenty of options. Bangladesh were a decent attack but England are a different class.

India's batting is their obvious strong point, their seam bowling seams very similar like the current West Indies line-up playing now. Kumble will be key for any bowling success, India will need condition to go his way.

India bowl much better lines than West Indies and actually do something with the ball. You may have not woke up in time to see it but TP Singh and Khan were pitching it up giving a chance to swing like Sidebottom has and if you pick up wickets (not lucky wickets either) on Bangladeshi belters, you can almost anywhere especially England. But I do agree the batting is the strong point. I just hope the series isnt a run feast and draw.

D

Deleted member 11215

am i the only one dreading this? personally i hate odis and there completely overdone. id much rather them add a test match and chop off 2 odis. come on we had a world cup this year surely that was a allocation of most the odis. :(

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

India have a far better bowling lineup than the Windies.
Sreesanth,Zaheer,Munaf and Kumble with R.P.Singh,Pathan and VRV in the sidelines is not a bad lineup at all.
We need Munaf and Sreesanth to be fully fit and last the distance for that to happen.
India now have the bowling to trouble teams overseas but sadly, our batting is now on the decline.

We saw that in the tests in SA.
Our bowlers won us the first test in Jo`burg by bowling SA out for 84.
India were on top even at Durban when SA were 236/8 on Day 1 but we allowed the tail to get them to 320+.
Our batsmen again let us down on the last day at Durban.

At Capetown, we commited suicide after taking the first innings lead to lose the test !
Historically, we`ve done a lot better in England than SA or Australia.

And the conditions in the 2nd half of the English summer are a lot better for batsmen and spinners than the first half when the windies are playing.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
India have a far better bowling lineup than the Windies.
Sreesanth,Zaheer,Munaf and Kumble with R.P.Singh,Pathan and VRV in the sidelines is not a bad lineup at all.

You want to include those two Singhs :eek: Personally i feel, leave those RP and VRV... Pick Pathan & Sharma for the tour. I somehow feel, England conditions will be ideal for Pathan to make a comeback.

Drewska said:
We should win the tests comfortabely

You know.. India, infact, plays Tests very well than ODIs. :)

My prediction for Indian team : Draw in Test Series. Win in ODI series. :p

Users who are viewing this thread