Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
evertonfan said:
Agreed. I was disapointed when Anjum was preffered over him in the last ODI.

When will this remove to past tours by the way? I don't mean to be pedantic but it is in the past now.

All sorted.

I suspect the problem with Rana, and Shoaib to an extent was lack of match practice/fitness. This has to be expected when a player has been out injured for a while. This is reason why I think Anderson and Plunkett's inclusion in the Ashes party is risky.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
stevie said:
I suspect the problem with Rana, and Shoaib to an extent was lack of match practice/fitness.

Just as I said all along!

Still, Akhtar still looked pretty lethal at half-pelt.

stevie said:
This is reason why I think Anderson and Plunkett's inclusion in the Ashes party is risky.

Incredibly risky, but on a player of Anderson's quality, I think it's worthwhile. He could well be one of our best bowlers as Hoggard is out of form and didn't do too well last time he was there (albeit he was a bit of a rookie), You never know how Harmison will play, Mahmood is Mahmood, Plunkett is still unproven and Fred doesn't bowl as well with the burden of captaincy. Could be the re-making of Jimmy in the mind of this completley non-biased Lancastrian. :D

irottev

School Cricketer
I don't know what that useless tub of ship is smiling so much for. I hope he gets his ass sacked.

66524.jpg

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Something tells me you won't be saying the same if he is proven right and the Pakistani's are guilty....

irottev

School Cricketer
I still don't like him.

->
"Because I'm pretty bloody good at it!"
Darrell Hair on why he isn't currently considering retirement

Yeah, right, you selfish greedy incompetant loser!

"Hair never considered retirement" - And thats why he asked for $500,000 to retire? O....K. LIAR!!!

Good to hear he won't be at the Champions Trophy.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Darrell Hair = Not racist

Darrell Hair = MONEY MONEY AND MONEY

simple.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I think you're all being a bit harsh on Hair. If he sees something on the ball or someone in the act, that suggests the ball may have been tampered with, he has to stop the game and think about a further decision.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
JamesyJames3 said:
I think you're all being a bit harsh on Hair. If he sees something on the ball or someone in the act, that suggests the ball may have been tampered with, he has to stop the game and think about a further decision.

I was reading somewhere what Simon Hughes had said, and he said somthing like that he had been an analysist for a number of years and a couple of marks looked irregular but nothing to worry about, and overall the ball looked in cracking condition for a 50-60 over ball

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'll agree with James here, i've said right from the very beginning that Hair was entitled to do what he did, so I don't agree with all the anger vented towards him.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Simbazz said:
I was reading somewhere what Simon Hughes had said, and he said somthing like that he had been an analysist for a number of years and a couple of marks looked irregular but nothing to worry about, and overall the ball looked in cracking condition for a 50-60 over ball

Well those couple of marks were clearly Hair's suspicion. In which case I think he did the correct thing to pause the game and discuss with Billy Doctrove. Doctrove must've agreed with him on the day to give the 5 extra runs.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
JamesyJames3 said:
Well those couple of marks were clearly Hair's suspicion. In which case I think he did the correct thing to pause the game and discuss with Billy Doctrove. Doctrove must've agreed with him on the day to give the 5 extra runs.

yeah yeah, both umps have to agree but the simple fact is, the evidance not only to give Pakistan 5 penatly runs against them, but to blatently say they have ball tampered is rediculous, people say it isnt, but its bordering on racism here, because when England reversed the ball, nothing was said, but when the Pakistani's did, Hair and Doctrove had words. Now not for one second am i calling either Hair or Doctrove racist!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
yeah yeah, both umps have to agree but the simple fact is, the evidance not only to give Pakistan 5 penatly runs against them, but to blatently say they have ball tampered is rediculous, people say it isnt, but its bordering on racism here, because when England reversed the ball, nothing was said, but when the Pakistani's did, Hair and Doctrove had words. Now not for one second am i calling either Hair or Doctrove racist!

Whether they were being racist or not is out of the question, we are talking about the evidence and if Hair and Doctrove thought that there was enough evidence of tampering, then they were perfectly entitled to do what they did.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
Whether they were being racist or not is out of the question, we are talking about the evidence and if Hair and Doctrove thought that there was enough evidence of tampering, then they were perfectly entitled to do what they did.

From the sounds of it, there was barely enough evidance to even talk about it, a few irregular scratches can mean anything, jesus, KP has smacked 2 6's could have hit concrete and done it, anything more than deliberate actions

Users who are viewing this thread