Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simbazz said:
From the sounds of it, there was barely enough evidance to even talk about it, a few irregular scratches can mean anything, jesus, KP has smacked 2 6's could have hit concrete and done it, anything more than deliberate actions

IIRC, KP hit his two sixes outside of the overs in question. :rolleyes:

The fact is, Umpires are allowed to accuse teams of ball-tampering provided that they themselves think there is enough evidence, which is what they did.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I believe Doctrove is a good umpire, and so is Hair, but i think the amount of bust ups with Asian national teams is enough for him to be sacked!

I dont agree he should have penelised Pakistan so quick, the ball was hardly marked, and thats a fact!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
I believe Doctrove is a good umpire, and so is Hair, but i think the amount of bust ups with Asian national teams is enough for him to be sacked!

I dont agree he should have penelised Pakistan so quick, the ball was hardly marked, and thats a fact!

It's since been proved that teh ball was hardly marked but what your missing is that it's the two on-field umpires who decide the ball-tampering and 5 penalty run stuff, and that's exactly what they did.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
and in most peoples views it was highly unfair and needs to be rectified in future!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
and in most peoples views it was highly unfair and needs to be rectified in future!

Yes it was unfair but fairness isn't a part of it, the rules let the two umpires do what they did.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
Yes it was unfair but fairness isn't a part of it, the rules let the two umpires do what they did.
Ok ok, the umpires did what they thought fit, but new rules should be brought into place as abandoning test matches isnt the way to go.!

Last edited by a moderator:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
Ok ok, the umpires did what they thought fit, but new rules should be brought into place as abandoning test matches isnt the way to go.!
If Inzamam hadn't have kept his team in the dressing room then there wouldn't have been an abandonment.

However, I have no desire to open up this can of worms again so this is my final post on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
evertonfan said:
If Inzamam hadn't have kept his team in the dressing room then there wouldn't have been an abandonment.

However, I have no desire to open up this can of worms again so this is my final post on the matter.
I still support what Inzi did. But if you're going to take such a big step, you need to be ready to face the consequences. Even the harshest punishment that can be given on this matter should have been acceptable by Inzamam, as in he shouldn't have appealed.

I don't know how much sense that post made, as I am pretty sleepy right now. :p

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Simbazz said:

It seems to me that if we go along these lines, umpires are going to get punished for inforcing the rules they have been taught. Which is a complete and utter shambles.

Ball tampering is cheating! And if Hair and Doctrove thought that ball had been tampered with from what they saw, then that decision should stand and the 5 extra runs should be awarded. Inzaman disagreed and kept his team in the dressing room. This is just like dissent in football towards the referee. At the end of the day, the umpire is there to enforce the rules and monitor the game. To even suggest he should be fired or fined, is simply ridiculous.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
JamesyJames3 said:
It seems to me that if we go along these lines, umpires are going to get punished for inforcing the rules they have been taught. Which is a complete and utter shambles.

Ball tampering is cheating! And if Hair and Doctrove thought that ball had been tampered with from what they saw, then that decision should stand and the 5 extra runs should be awarded. Inzaman disagreed and kept his team in the dressing room. This is just like dissent in football towards the referee. At the end of the day, the umpire is there to enforce the rules and monitor the game. To even suggest he should be fired or fined, is simply ridiculous.

Well id say shining one side of the ball is officially "ball tampering," why is this allowed and scuffing the ruff side up with anything on the field not allowed, i dont agree with this point but i can see were Woolmer is coming from!

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Simbazz said:
Well id say shining one side of the ball is officially "ball tampering," why is this allowed and scuffing the ruff side up with anything on the field not allowed, i dont agree with this point but i can see were Woolmer is coming from!

Scratching the ball is damage to the surface. Simply shinning is looking after the ball. That's the difference.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
JamesyJames3 said:
Scratching the ball is damage to the surface. Simply shinning is looking after the ball. That's the difference.

But both activities are "tampering" with the balls condition :p

Just to re-iterate this is not my view on being able to scuff the ball!

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Simbazz said:
But both activities are "tampering" with the balls condition :p

Just to re-iterate this is not my view on being able to scuff the ball!

They are not both tampering the ball. One is tampering thus changing the shape/feature of the ball. The other is maintaining the shine. There is no tampering whatsoever in shinning a ball.

Any suggestion that ball tampering (scratching, picking quater seem) should be made legal is stupid.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
JamesyJames3 said:
They are not both tampering the ball. One is tampering thus changing the shape/feature of the ball. The other is maintaining the shine. There is no tampering whatsoever in shinning a ball.

Any suggestion that ball tampering (scratching, picking quater seem) should be made legal is stupid.

Well i agree mostly with you but i still know what that arguement is going on about :p i was just acting like i didnt agree in the interest of discussion but im off bed, cya!

Users who are viewing this thread