Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

Afridi no 1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simbazz wat u wrote is absolutely rite...... Pakistan has a gud bowling attack and a gud batting line up...but a lack of gud fielding....well Kamran Akmal is a gud player at times but he gets nervous at times coz he is a young player..... England also played well in the last 2 ODI's....

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi no 1 said:
Simbazz wat u wrote is absolutely rite...... Pakistan has a gud bowling attack and a gud batting line up...but a lack of gud fielding....well Kamran Akmal is a gud player at times but he gets nervous at times coz he is a young player..... England also played well in the last 2 ODI's....

Thanks mate, i know Everton Fan thinks i talk alot of nothing, but i do know what im talking about!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
Know i havnt been to India or Pakistan

Exactly, so you have no first hand experience of the difference in conditions between Asia and England.

Akmal was pure quality in Pakistan againts us and India, so I firmly believe that the conditions were responsible.

Simbazz said:
Thanks mate, i know Everton Fan thinks i talk alot of nothing, but i do know what im talking about!

I respect your opinon as much as anyone's, but I just disagree with it.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, im not going to win this arguement with you Matt.

But in my belief, although he is young, he is at International standard, and whether it was nerves,excitment or whatever other feeling he had, it was that what made him fumble.

I know i play in England but on a pitch such as Lords, in summer and it isnt cloudy, facing the spinners, i should have been easy for Akmel, but instead he fumbles his chances, now im not saying anything about his batting as i believe 100% he is to become the next big thing in terms of WK, not Gilchrist or Sanga big, but he is going to be successful.

Akmal felt somthing just before taking the catch which made him lose sight of his job. SIMPLE AS!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz said:
I know i play in England but on a pitch such as Lords, in summer and it isnt cloudy, facing the spinners, i should have been easy for Akmel

I wasn't aware that he made any mis-stumpings at Lords. In fact, he took a fine stumping to remove KP in the sunshine.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Evertonfan and Simbazz:

You are both right. Stop whinning and open your eyes. It is basic to know that keepers get excited when a catch is coming their way. However, in England you can't get excited too early as the conditions can effect the ball after it passes the bat.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
JamesyJames3 said:
Evertonfan and Simbazz:

You are both right. Stop whinning and open your eyes. It is basic to know that keepers get excited when a catch is coming their way. However, in England you can't get excited too early as the conditions can effect the ball after it passes the bat.

I wasn't whining, I was merely saying that conditions played a major part in his poor form, wheras he was saying it was purely excitement and not the conditions. You however, give the best explanation of it.

wolf

International Cricketer
If Pakistan have a good back up keeper put him in intead of Akmal.

And should this not be moved to past tours now?

Sureshot

Executive member
Simbazz said:
It has nothing to do with adapting to conditions. Know i havnt been to India or Pakistan, but i have been to the north of france in summer, which is hotter than England and the pitches, although very few, are what i would call "asian look a likes" thier very slow, not much bounce and they dont really give batting sides a chance.

Now i kept wicket in France and if you do the basics right you can have a successful time, now he is a international cricketer he should be able to take those chances, but he got excited, or started to panic, i think he got over excited too early and fumbled his chances!

I wouldn't compare ICC compliant pitches to probably French Club Cricket pitches.

And it had got something to do with adapting to conditions, most keepers will tell you (Jack Russell does alot) by saying that the ball moves more after the bat in England than anywhere else in World Cricket.

zub2005

International Coach
i wanted to know when i went edgbaston i bought on of those headphones whichi give you commentary either sky sports or test match special, i wanted to know does that work for all games or just the game that i went to

Sureshot

Executive member
For the games that either TMS or Sky cover, probably only Englands games as I know.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
i was disapointed with Ranas performance in the ODIs, maybe it was his injury still afecting him but i honestly think that Gul should have goten Ranas spot in the ODIs. he was the only good bowler in the tests untill Asif came back and he did good in that test too and his revard should have been a ODI spot.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Dare said:
i was disapointed with Ranas performance in the ODIs, maybe it was his injury still afecting him but i honestly think that Gul should have goten Ranas spot in the ODIs. he was the only good bowler in the tests untill Asif came back and he did good in that test too and his revard should have been a ODI spot.

Agreed. I was disapointed when Anjum was preffered over him in the last ODI.

When will this be moved to past tours by the way? I don't mean to be pedantic but it is in the past now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread