Shardul Thakur
Rishabh Pant
Ravichandran Ashwin
Umesh Yadav / Ishant Sharma
Mohammad Shami / Mohammad Siraj
Jasprit Bumrah

Trailing by 99 is a winning position for you? :p
More like leading by 170 with 7 wickets in hand #getSomeContext :p
Could it be we are quietly having an absolutely classic Test series?
Possibly but the concerning thing from India's PoV is that they have been made to huff and puff against (with all due respect) a second string squad. Just wondering what the scoreline would have read had Stokes, Archer, Broad and Woakes played all the 4 Tests. I do agree though it's been a terrific series.

AFAIK England have not struggled for bowlers in Australia. It is the batsman who haven't put up enough runs. And are lacking a quality spinner.

England won with a batting line-up comprising of Alastair Cook, Andrew Strauss, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell(cut him some slack atleast :p), Paul Collingwood and Matt Prior. Such a dream line-up that was! And not to forget that you guys had Graeme Swann to use the wearing pitch.

This England team just had Root for the batsman while they've got a decent bowling line-up in Woakes, Broad, Anderson and Robinson. Just a couple of batsmen and a quality spinner would do a world of good to England.

Sorry to say I don't get good feeling from an England fan's POV if I look forward to 2021-22 Ashes series in Australia. The only thing you can rely on is Australia's failing tactics.
2010/11 England did have a strong batting lineup but we faced the worst Aussie bowling line up in living memory (Ryan Harris aside, and I think he got injured during it?).

That, and 86/87 when the Aussies were weakened by South African rebel tourists missing, are the only times we’ve won in Australia without having at least one top class “fast” bowler. Even in 86/87 we had Cowans and Dilley I think, who were very quick if not top drawer.

Good pitches and a kookaburra ball, you generally need real pace and mystery spin.
Post automatically merged:

Shame his form has deserted him. I really like him as a player, and he was a sensational captain in the Aussie series

Users who are viewing this thread