India tour of England Aug-Sept 2021

Who will win the Test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Doesn't show ECB in a good light when they tweak their international schedule to accomodate their players going to the IPL, and then due to the Manchester test cancellation, trying to hit back at the BCCI by bringing back those internationals and making the English players miss the playoffs (the business end of the tournament).

Well... I wish the BCCI still goes ahead and gives them those extra T20I's to compensate their losses and then see how the ECB changes their tune.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Doesn't show ECB in a good light when they tweak their international schedule to accomodate their players going to the IPL, and then due to the Manchester test cancellation, trying to hit back at the BCCI by bringing back those internationals and making the English players miss the playoffs (the business end of the tournament).

Well... I wish the BCCI still goes ahead and gives them those extra T20I's to compensate their losses and then see how the ECB changes their tune.
I doubt they are being made to miss the IPL. Woakes for example has a young family and if he went to the IPL would potentially not be home until early 2022.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I doubt they are being made to miss the IPL. Woakes for example has a young family and if he went to the IPL would potentially not be home until early 2022.

I am not talking about Bairstow/Woakes/Malan's withdrawal. I am not sure if you read the news, but ECB is bringing back the T20I's vs Pakistan (that they had indefinitely postponed) and that is going to mean that any England player who is part of the T20 WC squad will miss the IPL playoffs to take part in the T20I's vs Pakistan.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I am not talking about Bairstow/Woakes/Malan's withdrawal. I am not sure if you read the news, but ECB is bringing back the T20I's vs Pakistan (that they had indefinitely postponed) and that is going to mean that any England player who is part of the T20 WC squad will miss the IPL playoffs to take part in the T20I's vs Pakistan.
I don't remember that tour ever being postponed.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Apologies if I was wrong about the Pakistan T20I postponement. I guess the IPL bound England players were not supposed to play the T20I's vs Pakistan, and that has changed post the Manchester test cancellation?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Apologies if I was wrong about the Pakistan T20I postponement. I guess the IPL bound England players were not supposed to play the T20I's vs Pakistan, and that has changed post the Manchester test cancellation?
I expect a clash was always expected after the IPL was rearranged. With the fluid situation of quarantines, bubbles and the fact the World T20 squad was only announced last week, that the availability for those players was up in the air until the last minute.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You got to love the Poms! Health comes fist when they leave SA, but it's the IPL to blame when India cancels one test. Let us assume, it was the IPL. India was there for a month between the WTC final and the first test but we couldn't play one test then because of 'the hundred?'

I'm not for the 'bully culture' of the BCCI but I think some of the high headedness of the west needs to acknowledge and be grateful about the fact that us brown lot get the moolah and without us they are not going to sell anything other than the Ashes. I hear murmurs already that the poms want to delay the Ashes! Why? Go and play.

If India refuse to play this test, they can easily pay this 'compensation' off in kind or by playing a white ball series and I can guarantee the ECB will fall in line. They're too smart not to.

The only lot I feel terrible about is the poor fans that came to the ground. Hope they're richly compensated.

B

Bigby Wolf

You got to love the Poms! Health comes fist when they leave SA, but it's the IPL to blame when India cancels one test. Let us assume, it was the IPL. India was there for a month between the WTC final and the first test but we couldn't play one test then because of 'the hundred?'

I'm not for the 'bully culture' of the BCCI but I think some of the high headedness of the west needs to acknowledge and be grateful about the fact that us brown lot get the moolah and without us they are not going to sell anything other than the Ashes. I hear murmurs already that the poms want to delay the Ashes! Why? Go and play.

If India refuse to play this test, they can easily pay this 'compensation' off in kind or by playing a white ball series and I can guarantee the ECB will fall in line. They're too smart not to.

The only lot I feel terrible about is the poor fans that came to the ground. Hope they're richly compensated.
Just to correct you on the bold one that England had a LO series schedule against Pakistan as per the FTP cycle.

Ever Since IPL got postponed in may due to 2nd wave in India & later rescheduled to September there was always dark clouds hanging over the 5 Test.

Users who are viewing this thread