India tour of South Africa - 2013/14

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Batting first, lineup looks alright till it gets to Ishant Sharma... how does this guy keep getting chances? Ugh, Umesh Yadav should've been in for him.

cricketaddict

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Epic Ishant is only picked on his last performance in ODI. Well not a bad move I think. Its really brave to show we can Bat! Batting first

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Umesh for Ishant would have been my side. Really disappointed that they keep picking Ishant regardless of his lack of wicket taking ability. What could have been a possibly potent attack is now a dodgy one.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Umesh for Ishant would have been my side. Really disappointed that they keep picking Ishant regardless of his lack of wicket taking ability. What could have been a possibly potent attack is now a dodgy one.
This should be his LAST chance if he fails. He has got enough chances now.

cricketaddict

Club Captain
Well, Shikhar's peak has well and truly ended. He had a fair run and his attitude of just hit or miss wont work.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
this is where kallis matters so much, india could try to bat for time and just wait for tahir to come out and slaughter him, but with kallis SAF can still hold Tahir back.

tbh though he looks like a pointless selection, it's 4-man pace attack pitch if ever I saw one. (especially when you have quicks like south africa and a spinner as bad as tahir)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It was disappointing to see Shikhar Dhawan get out the way he did. There was a clear plan for him and he knew that it was the last over of Dale Steyn's first spell. You don't have to respond to bouncers aggressively every time especially when it is so well direeted to you. I was happy with the way Murli Vijay started his inning. He did leave quite a few deliveries but than also got stuck in his crease. His foot movement was decent until Morkel came in. Morkel kept bouncing him and than put one at the full length just to see his feet getting stuck and throwing away his wicket. Pujara has looked decent so far and Kohli is looking very good. Runs started coming easily in the last half an hour since Kohli has arrived. Morkel was always going to be tough for the Indians because of his pace and that awkward bounce. However, that last Tahir over did provide some momentum which was crucial for India. One of Virat or Pujara has to bat all the way now and we have to reach 300 to compete in this match.

aditya123

National Board President
This is criminal. On such challenging batting tracks in SA, we have lost so many wickets to run outs that its not funny!

cricketaddict

Club Captain
This is criminal. On such challenging batting tracks in SA, we have lost so many wickets to run outs that its not funny!

Completely agree! Pujara was looking good but now its time to forget that and we need to score 300+. Players are looking good(dont want to jinx them :p). We can do it and with Rahane in side our batting is already strengthened.

aditya123

National Board President
I hope we somehow manage to fight through and score 300ish. At least that would give our bowlers a fighting chance. Its not a 300 wicket (more like a 400ish wicket) but India would first look to bat out the day. If we can be 230-odd for say 4 at stumps, I would take it.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
That run out was a huge blow for India. That partnership was going on so well but just one mistake and all the hard work is undone. Pujara is someone who won't play a lazy shot once he gets settled. It gets harder to get him out as he spends more time on the crease so that was a big blunder from Kohli. Rohit Sharma loves to throw his wicket away and play lazy shots. Virat has been playing very well and he needs to continue now till at least India reaches 300. Rahane has started positively thanks to Tahir. This session could have easily been ours but thanks to Rohit Sharma we again allowed South Africa to come back in the match.

Users who are viewing this thread