India v England 2008

Kirsten indicated Dravid would be moved. Laxman is the top candidate to go at no.3, having been excellent at that position in the past.

dang Viru!

England bating. check back in about 50 min, India 80 in freaking 12 overs!!
welcome back india? ...i think...

Gambhir should have been given out there. Definitely hit glove. Swann looking good, getting some real turn and bounce. Just need to break this partnership.

Out of interest who's bowled better? Swann or Monty. I haven't had the chance to watch because of work. Swann from that last over seems to flight it more and he gets more bounce.

India need all the luck they can get here. Come on Sehwag! 240ish to chase in 90 overs in the last day with 10 wickets in hand would be brilliant for the game , and for India.

Out of interest who's bowled better? Swann or Monty. I haven't had the chance to watch because of work. Swann from that last over seems to flight it more and he gets more bounce.

Swann has only had one over but he looked good it, spun it well and beat the bat.

Swann has definitely bowled better than Monty. He's actually a real big turner and has good line.

Monty still bowls too fast. He and the England camp claim it's his 'natural pace' but that doesn't wash. To really be threatening in India you have to give the ball some air and some flight. Monty still just jabs it in at around 60mph, getting no turn and not great bounce. We don't see those magic deliveries that he used to bowl when he first came into Test cricket.

In the First Innings where Sehwag got out early with Gambhir, India still managed to score at 3.46 rpo. Now with Sehwag already hitting fifty, it should be chased. with now less than 300 needed in one day.

As long as Sehwag and Gambhir are at the crease, they'll score at around 5 rpo which is phenomenal.

If England lose it's only the bowlers to blame. A few wickets will slow India down, England just need to bowl better. Simple.

I personally think Swann is bowling much better than Monty. He's troubling both batsman and almost forced a fatal mistake (from my point of view) in Sehwag.

Good move to put in Flintoff. I'd give him a few overs and then try Colly. Sehwag might be tempted to go for it. Gambhir needs to build. Someone needs to accumulate while the other attacks. Seems to me you either have a low score or a large score on this pitch.

Last edited:
If India bats like this,they wont need tomorrow's last session,they will do it upto tea break...but offcourse for that matter Sehwag needs to get a big one here...

Users who are viewing this thread