India v England 2008

Why the hell are England bowling short and wide outside off stump to Sehwag? That is just asking for it.

Oh, they are bowling short and wide outside off stump because they are Steve "Wide to 2nd slip" Harmison, and Jimmy "Concedes 6 an over every second innings" Anderson.

Wow. England have made a real good attempt at throwing this game away haven't they. Hitting only 2 boundaries in a session in which we were trying to set a total, and now opting for the genius ploy of bowling short and wide to Virender Sehwag. Nice job England.

On a more positive note, Strauss is a god. He's only 3 runs short of Matthew Hayden's run tally in the 4 Match series against India, and he's only played 2 innings. He's also only 32 short of Ponting's run tally for the series as well. He's had a very good year actually, one of the highest run scorers in World Cricket, and averaging over 50. Well played Andrew, you're certainly showing Cook how to build an innings.

Yea India is over reliant on Sehwag and Gambhir atm. It's kinda like Aussi with Hayden but Aussie actually has a good middle order instead of the openers not clicking.

Sehwag is just killing the bowlers...Way to go,he can do it....If he stays there till tomorrow morning,Min overs left for today 25,the target will get reduce to say something 200!He can do it,no one can doubt on it..Look at his strike rate after completing 50,its in 150's...

Prior really needs to go for it now, no point blocking it out more you need all the time you can get to blast these Indian wickets out. Need at least 400.

WHAT DID I SAY MATTHEW PRIOR! GTFO OUT OF THE TEAM!

Cricinfo (Sarfaraz) said:
This is what we all Indians need in this crisis time of terrorists attacks.

You can't get funnier than that!

Harrypotter_fan added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

The fun continues with Sehwag on strike. Sehwag is just destroying Monty. Monty goes for the negative line. Not a good idea IMO.

England will bowl negative ling after some time (possibly spinners will bowl,coming around the wicket and will bowl negative line),and if Sehwag stays there till then,only God can save the bowlers....He is just punishing the bowlers....

There have been half chances like the ball burst through Cook's hands. When Sehwag is batting like this there is always going to be a chance to get him out. If we manage to take one of them then I think there will be a halt in the run rate. Question is, will Dravid bat next and undo the good work? Might Dhoni bring himself up?

Well if Sehwag gets out i say Yuvraj should get up the order. Who knows he could replicate that ODI form :rolleyes:

I really do hope Dravid gets some form and soon. He doesn't deserve such an end.

Maybe Dhoni will send Laxman or Yuvraj up next if a wicket falls.

Harrypotter_fan added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

A maiden over to Sehwag! Quite an achievement for Monty. :D

Users who are viewing this thread