India v England 2008

looks like Ishi has to improve his bowling a wee bit.7 no balls.:eek:

Zak bowls well with old ball. I think hes best old ball bowler in world atm since akistan does not play test cricket any more.

Prior really needs to go for it now, no point blocking it out more you need all the time you can get to blast these Indian wickets out. Need at least 400.

Nowhere heading towards india's way. It's simple. Either a draw or england will take this away.

England seem to be trying very hard to ensure it's a draw. Where's this aggressive positive outlook we hear about?
Chris Tavare and Geoffrey Boycott would have scored quicker than that!
I'm now hoping England get bowled out as soon as possible so we have longer to bowl at the Indians.

Time to bring lollypop bowler Yuvraj on for tailenders.

This is pathetic. Pietersen said he was gonna be a positive captain when he took over yet this is some of the most ridiculous cricket i've ever seen. WHY ARE WE STILL BATTING?!

Meh, that's the victory out of the window then.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

And with that rant comes the declaration. :laugh

If we bat properly we can win this. The pitch has slowed down and England dont have left arm pace to trouble with old ball.

We have enough overs here... If Sehwag gets going and if Gambhir can stay in with him long enough, we can trouble England... Or we might collapse for 37-5 and give England the match (just for the jinx because something opposite happens to what I always say)

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Sorry.I thought we did beat you in England and Australia last month in `real cricket`. We`ve not lost this yet.

Quite true! We are almost No.2 in test cricket (locked in battle with SA). And its only against us that Australia always fumbles.

Either India wins or England wins. It wont be a draw. I can tell that.

If we bat properly we can win this. The pitch has slowed down and England dont have left arm pace to trouble with old ball.

Why does a team have to have a left arm pace to bowl with the old ball?

Is it me or have India scored more boundaries in the first two overs than England in the previous two sessions?
Also which genius thought up the short and wide tactic?

I saw a comment on cricinfo criticising England's "defensive" batting approach, saying they should have been 400 ahead by tea.

Maybe if India weren't 10 overs behind with the over rate then England would have been 400 ahead by tea.

As for criticising their batting approach, slogging out and being dismissed with a lead of 350 runs and giving India one and a half days to get them would have just been undoing all the hard work of the first 3 days and letting India right back into the match.

I say Dhoni should be suspended for India's slack over rate, it was obviously being used as a tactic to give India more chance of saving the game and thus intentional, and as it was intentional he should be banned. I know a billion Indians and their stupid board will kick up a stink about it, but for once they should get over their own self interest and actually think about what is best for the game and not what is best for India.

Users who are viewing this thread