India v England 2008

Where is the rain everyone was predicting?

I do like how a few were lambasting England for batting defensively and now people are calling for them to deploy 7-2 fields :p

I think England will do well tomorrow, hopefully.

Ian Bell is a bottler. The sooner he's out of the side the better.

Im not being mean because I do actually like Bell, but he's not done anything of real substance since he first came into the team.

Time for Paul Horton me thinks[/lancoggles]

i really hope dhoni employs 7-2 field tommorow.The english batsman arent agressive and we can push them to get 300 really sloooowwwly.

He's had 4 years to come good.

Good day for England, hope to get to about 330, set them 400. 2 spinners, 3 good quicks, victory should be gettable.

To be fair to Bell, he's got a fantastic Test record in England. It's just away from home where he struggles. He'll be a key player come next Summer.

I always enjoy the arrogance of some people on these forums. Reading some of these posts certainly makes me laugh. ;)

Dravid will score 200 alone.Wakes from dream

The beauty of it is that it'd be two in a row on Indian soil. :D

But still we won't win. Let's not forget that this is England and we are absolute masters at losing the games we should have easily won.

This is something I call "positive pessimism" ! We Indian fans are masters at that.We believe our side would lose a game with the opposition having to get 300 to win with just the last wicket left !
Have a look at the India-Australia 2008,Perth test posts where every Indian fan there thought that the Australian tailenders would get them to a 420 run target.The reason behind that was that we did not want to jinx our side.I can see a similar motive behind this post !

On another note, I can`t see India winning this one,even with a 200-run opening stand.

I do like how a few were lambasting England for batting defensively and now people are calling for them to deploy 7-2 fields :p

I think England will do well tomorrow, hopefully.
Well, to put it another way, if England had batted more positively, India would have been out of this game already. The fact that they don't want to take the game by the horns gives India a chance to pull a magical draw out of the hat by being uber defensive.

sohum added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

A very good day from our point of view, lets hope we can get on and have a lead of 500ish. :)
That would leave India with something like 2 sessions to bat. :D

Bell's spot is maybe in jeopardy. Collingwood is trying to keep his career going with a much needed score.

I'm actually really surprised India are losing here since they've played quite a bit of decent cricket lately so props to England.

This should be Dravid's last series. He'll either get dropped or will finally realize his day is up.

He'll be lucky to hit a quickfire anything in this form. Such a shame to see the death of a legend.

Dravid will get another another single figure score IMO. Sad to see him batting like this, Remember the days where he used to make the opposition crumble by wearing them down? Good 'Ol Days...

Users who are viewing this thread