India v England 2008

To be fair it won't be hard to put up a better fight than the Aussies. It's a 2 match series, if we win one game that's it. We've come away better than expected.

Last edited:
England will put up a much better performance than the the Aussies.. espcially the bowling department. One of the main reason why aussies failed to do well in India was the fact that they could'nt swing the new ball and hence got no early breakthroughs. You cant get seam movement in the typical sub-continent tracks but there's swing availiable both with new ball and with the older ball (reverse). Guys like Anderson and Sidebottom will swing the new ball early on and Flintoff-Harmison are very good exponent of reverse swing. Should be a very close series.. only shame is that there'll be only 2 test matches!:(

I would have preferred it if it were 5 ODI's and 3 Tests.

Yes well hopefully the series becomes insanely close. That way in the next tours the test matches played would rise. Is there any confirmation on who's replacing Ganguly in the test? Or is it gonna be a last minute decision.

Yes well hopefully the series becomes insanely close. That way in the next tours the test matches played would rise. Is there any confirmation on who's replacing Ganguly in the test? Or is it gonna be a last minute decision.
For the sake of Test cricket in India, it would be good if England won the first Test and the second Test is drawn with India needing 1-2 wickets to win or less than 100 runs to win. A 2-test series is pretty pathetic. People have been complaining for ages that Sri Lanka and New Zealand only have 2-test series yet we see this backward movement.

The ICC has to mandate 3 Test matches as the minimum length of a Test series and not 2.

So England bowl Mumbai out for 222, pretty good considering we have no Broad or Sidebottom but then we're 10-3. Bell, Prior and KP all gone although KP's was never out apparently. Not very good.

England got thrashed haha. I mean, sure it's a tour match but that's a real thrashing.

Seems like Sidebottom and Broad are injured, they're huge losses.

England got thrashed haha. I mean, sure it's a tour match but that's a real thrashing.

Seems like Sidebottom and Broad are injured, they're huge losses.

And? Your point is?

I would rather lose to Mumbai XI then beat India than beat Mumbai and lose to India.... :rolleyes:

just saw the scorecard, and wow a real thrashing. that mumbai xi is not very strong side as well, just an average one though it was a tour match, broad or sidebottom wouldnt have scored centuries to save them.
pathetic performance. hope they will play well against much better indian team .

Wahay...This is great time for India to take advantage of England, However although this perfomance was shocking I'm sure it will be a better side on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread