India v England 2008

I went just to cricinfo and saw this headline 'Dismal England humiliated'. I checked the scorecard and I didn't know any of the Mumbai XI players. And then to think that England were at a time at 64-9. Eventually the last partnership brought them to 98 all out.

So a team that just has beaten Australia in a Test series faces a team who has been beaten by a side with unknown players. Who will win?

Not good signs for the first ODI. England have no momentum going in after a Stanford defeat and now a poor performance against a Mumbai Second XI no less.

Probably a fluke...I hope. From what I saw in England vs South Africa, England were supremely dominant. I believe they're probably better than Sri Lanka in ODIs so we should have really close games.

Good to get the regular tour collapse out of the way.

I suppose you could think of it that way...;)

The'll be many more collapses in this series IMO, Both Engand and India collapsing due to the brilliant bowling line-ups from both sides

Hopefully this will be a much needed kick up the arse. I would much rather we take action now then at 3-0 down. Big test of KP's captaincy though, can he make the learn from it or will it just put their heads down. Lol at his reaction to getting out, had a few rods with the ump :D

And? Your point is?

Why does there have to be a point? He was simply stating a fact, you got thrashed, simple as. Why so defensive?

And it wasn't even a 2nd eleven, tbh, people like Nayar would have played.

If England play like this, they will get a real hiding from India in ODI's anywhere (not just on Indian wickets).

This will be my Indian lineup for the first ODI

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
S Raina
Y Singh
MS Dhoni
Rohit Sharma
Y Pathan
H Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Munaf Patel

The only name I recognized from that MCA XI was Aavishkar Salvi, the former Indian international who had an identical action to Glenn McGrath.

I don't think this match should affect preparations too drastically. Sometimes everything goes wrong at the same time--I don't think it'll be happening regularly in this series.

It won't be walk in the park for India, as england have a very good bowling line up n with pieterson & flintoff alongwith paul colingwood, ian bell in batting this could be a interesting series considering Indian pitches some of them are belters (if I am not wrong).

We'll win the first one, get beaten 5-1. One match will get rained out. We'll go to the Test Series, Sachin will get out for a golden duck but the BCCi will demand it be promoted to a platinum one. India will stay in their dressing room for 2 hours playing pin the tail on Sreesanth, the match will be forfeited, the 2-match series awarded to us 5-0.

However, precisely 17 years later, Sunil Gavaskar will overrule the original decision and India will be handed the series 4-1 even though he won't be on the committee.

We'll win the first one, get beaten 5-1. One match will get rained out. We'll go to the Test Series, Sachin will get out for a golden duck but the BCCi will demand it be promoted to a platinum one. India will stay in their dressing room for 2 hours playing pin the tail on Sreesanth, the match will be forfeited, the 2-match series awarded to us 5-0.

However, precisely 17 years later, Sunil Gavaskar will overrule the original decision and India will be handed the series 4-1 even though he won't be on the committee.

Best prediction A+++

None is going to happen, so don't worry. It's just that the indians haven't loaded their gun of words yet. But what will has written is hilarious. He's still feeling about the Oval test.

KBChandraw added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

BUT YEAH! Mumbai beat England! :cheesy

fluke happen sometimes. But this isn't. There's another match in the warm-ups list? This is enough i think.

There should be no controversy unless someone decides to bring some jellybeans to the pitch. But I doubt that'll be happening after what happened last time!

Users who are viewing this thread