India v England 2008

A) Because everyone is fed up with the BCCI

and

B) Because people are annoyed at the way all these young Indian members have turned up in the Cricket Discussion forum and bombarded us with their stupid, immature, incredibly bias views.

Err, Ben is far more biased than any Indian supporter and it's a matter of perspective. I've seen English supporters state opinions as if they were facts. Just because it's always in a proper sentence doesn't make it a better point, just a better presented point. Besides, there are English members who make mistakes with 'your' and 'you're' so often on this forum that they shouldn't be talking. I've also seen some non-Indian supporters telling others to shut up for having an opinion. It's really petty telling someone to shut up on an internet forum where there are bound to be differing views across the forum.

India's toughest test will come from KP and Flintoff. No brainer really. Flintoff gets it to reverse and his extra pace will give the English something to fall on when the pitches are offering nothing for the bowlers. As always, his all round abilities are always a threat and KP, well, no explanation needed. It will be interesting to see how he goes as captain in India.

Rohit, they're not going to drop Yuvraj ;) as much as you want them to.

So why are Aussies, Brits and to a certain extent, Pakistani's, all saying the same thing then? I'm not going to do a low blow like you did and start mentioning names, it really isn't needed, but you don't have to be a genius to look at the actual quality of the posts being degraded by these newer members.

Anyway, I don't see Sidey being out too much of an issue for us. He wouldn't even get in my current England XI. Harmy, Broad and Jimmy are all ahead of him

tbh, I'd rather mention names then label an entire nation - that too, 1/6th of the population.

That's just me.

Too many names and it just drags the thread off topic. I'm happy labelling most of the Indian members aged below 15 as being poor posters. Hell even members of the staff team have admited it on MSN. It now just comes across as the majority of the Indian supporters being incredibly arrogant and not allowing a single bad word being said against their team, i.e Ganguly retiring thread

He never labelled anyone, he just said he didn't like India because of all the n00bs from India. No problem with that. As for not liking the BCCI, I don't think Indians like them.

Anyway carry on lads, good to get a bit of spice in the series. But you curry munchers would like a bit of spice. (JOKES :D)

To each his own. But we must remember that for many Indians, English is not their first language. We must recognize that this is a second language for them and to post decently - bar the frequent grammar and spelling errors - is quite an effort.

The BCCI may suck, Indian's recognize that too. But that isn't a reason to dislike the team and the supporters, we can't control what they do.

We passionately support our team, it may come across as annoying to some but hey, we're just backing our country. Everyone posts with bias, to say that there is a 'perfect' or 'better' posting 'country group' on PC is ridiculous.

It's true, many of the members have come for the cricket downloads and have spilled over into the cricket discussion. Hey, I was one of them too - way back in 2005.
They will learn, and they're just kids. They still bring up plenty of good points, another perspective for people with differing views.

Whatever, I don't want to drag this off topic so...

How about that India v England series?

LOL, I respect your opinion mate and yeah maybe your right, but it can be annoying when something is so blatantly true and then some 12 year old comes along and starts whining. But yeah, they will learn :)

Anyway........................:p

TBH, I am concerned about this series. Dhoni's lads are going to be fired up. We meanwhile have just received a thrashing by Stanford Superstar's and a bunch of random guys playing for Mumbai, so morale is going to be low, no matter what the England camp says. It is going to be a real test of KP's captaincy skills. People like Bell are going to have to come to the party and contribute with 3 figure scores at some stage in this series. I'm not too worried about our bowling, it is the batting which has me concerned. If the top 3/4 don't last too long, we are very exposed. I just have to hope that Freddie is back to his ways with the bat, like he was in the 05 Ashes.

I honestly believe we've got a better ODI side, with Sachin out injured for the first 3 anyway. India's batting doesn't look strong enough for me, outside Sehwag and Gambhir India could struggle, apart from Dhoni of course. If England can target Dhoni and get him out cheaply, like they did to Kallis or even McCullum in England, then it'll just be a matter of dismissing the 2 openers and it should be Englands game. I think the first change bowlers of Harmison and Flintoff are unmatched around the world. I can't see Sharma or Raina hitting either of those 2 around.

The main feature of India's play will be the spin. England have famously struggled against spin, but we do now have a couple of good quality players of spin. Shah is very good, Bell, Pietersen and Bopara are all very good as well, not sure Bopara will play though tbh. If Harbhajan and the other spinner (Mishra?) bowl well, then England will struggle. Chawla had quite an impact in England, had Pietersen in trouble with his googly, so I'm surprised he isn't in the squad.

Certainly going to be a great series, just wish there were more tests tbh.

Englishmen will give more fight to us than Aussies. India tend to increase its fighting quality against the Aussies so even a strong outfit can be given tough fight. But against other teams we just play up and down.

England has had some success in past in bowling in India and Anderson has got number on Sehwag. This time around though I expect it to be other way around. 2 Test matches mean England will not have time to win thurd one and I expect one of two tests to be drawn. So 1-0 in test matches and in ODIS its lottery. KP needs to keep his subcontinent record alive for us.

@ Expecting mature posts from 12 year old. :rtfl

Jaz is 13 and PPNR is 12, I believe, so that argument really doesn't hold, Sid

Well 2 or maybe 100 persons dont represent the whole population at that level. Also at this age in India children can hardly read English propely let alone write it.

That was 2 straight of the top of my head. There are more, but this has gone on long enough and I have managed to persuade shravi to see it my way, so I have moved on ;)

I feel 7 ODI between two teams is too much,it should have been 5 ODI + 3 Test,rather only 2 test and 7 ODI's,anyway England have good bowlers,S Broad,Sidebottom,Flintoff is handy and quick,J Anderson can swing ball,so it would be Eng bowlers (on flat tracks) vs Indian bastman.

I can't see Sharma or Raina hitting either of those 2 around.

You're in for a nasty surprise then. ;)

But yeah, in all seriousness, I don't know about Rohit, but Raina is twice the player now than the last time he played England, and I hope he can continue his form. And if Vijay plays, don't count him out either, he is on absolute fire right now.

Users who are viewing this thread