India v England 2008

Can we not post any more bitching about posters and posting quality, it's not relevant to the thread.

Big series starts tomorrow, long one too. I plan to watch last 3-4 hours of it, then go into college and finish a leaflet. yay!

I'm Sky +ing then then watching from the start when I can be arsed to get up :D

England's team for the first ODi:
Bell
Prior
Shah
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Bopara
Patel
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

Best team we can put out. Seems KP likes having the 4 quicker guys. I'm sure if Spin starts to play a key role in the series he'll bring Swann in for either Bopara or one of the seamers. Really looking forward to it, not seen England play a proper match for ages. Looking forward to the Test series more though tbh.

Who's going to get the nod for India? Yusuf Pathan or Virat Kholi?

Chawla had quite an impact in England, had Pietersen in trouble with his googly, so I'm surprised he isn't in the squad.

Unfortunately for us, he went off the boil completely, but he's still the most promising spinner in the country, and I hope he can find his form soon.

8 players in the England team have never played in India. Hope we can see a good entertaining series without any Controversies.:)

Eagerly anticipating this one. India's batting line up is certainly a strong one, but one not immune from collapses. The bowling is good, I would rather Ojha instead of RP Singh with Munaf, Zaheer and Harbhajan making up the other spots. I'd prefer the inclusion of Yusuf Pathan at seven ahead of Virat Kohli as I back Pathan to be the stronger batsman down at the bottom of the top order with his strong hitting - Pathan can also really help with the fifth bowler option.

Free first tomorrow which means I'll be able to see Englands dismal collapse. However I am convinced that it won't be because they don't care. It's just we're crap.

If India wins 7-0 India will be on number 2 in ICC rankings leaving behind England and RSA
if England win 5-2 they on number 2 !

Will not able to see the first innings :mad: but will be on hear entire innings on FM in college secretly and will hope the professor don't catch me :spy

If India wins 7-0 India will be on number 2 in ICC rankings leaving behind England and RSA
if England win 5-2 they on number 2 !

Will not able to see the first innings :mad: but will be on hear entire innings on FM in college secretly and will hope the professor don't catch me :spy

Unlucky Chetanbhai...

The lineup will be as followed:

1) Virendra Sehwag
2) Guatam Gambhir
3) Yuvraj Singh
4) Suresh Raina
5) Rohit Sharma
6) MS Dhoni C+
7) Yusuf Pathan
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan
10) RP Singh
11) Munaf Patel

It is a bowler friendly wicket so hopefully , Well definetley Zaheer and Munaf will extract something out of this pitch, RP should as well providing he doesn't bowl any long hops. If the seamers keep it tight, Then Bhajji should be able to lure the batsmen into some big shots and hopefully get some out.

P.S, Even I don't want him to, Yuvraj is going to get owned by the Flintoff and Harmison.

No worries though, Yuvraj has the spot served on a plate for him, regardless of what he does.

PRINCE OF 2020, YAAAAAAR.

Urgh.

Happy to see Raina and RP Singh in squad. India will be certainly in benifit after England defeat to Mumbai XI as they will be in pressure. Btw is the match day/ day or day/night ?

Day match as it starts at 9:00 Local Time, Man I've either got to do an all nighter or wake up a 3:30...

I'm going for the wake up at 3:30, screw school, India matters more. :)

Definately! I got a free periods 1 and 2 too, so I can sleep then :).

Users who are viewing this thread